FiiO Q1MKII- Native DSD Support, XMOS USB DAC chip, DAC AK4452, 20 hours
Nov 9, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #286 of 834
1.is this worth buying when you have a V20?
2.can these power HD700 or HD600?
3.can you use the line out to connect to a speaker?

I can answer #2: It can drive an HD700 to certainly louder than I'd want to listen to. Listening volume is under 50% for me.

As for 1 & 3, it's been a little too long since I've used my V10, but from early impressions I don't feel it matches that SQ. I haven't heard the V20 so I cannot speak of the direct comparison. It should have no issue being connected to an active speaker using the LO.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #287 of 834
I can answer #2: It can drive an HD700 to certainly louder than I'd want to listen to. Listening volume is under 50% for me.

As for 1 & 3, it's been a little too long since I've used my V10, but from early impressions I don't feel it matches that SQ. I haven't heard the V20 so I cannot speak of the direct comparison. It should have no issue being connected to an active speaker using the LO.
so you're saying the V10 has better sound than the Q1 mkii? and by speakers i mean the real speakers with the red and black naked cables at the end of them. can you use an adapter?

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #288 of 834
In order to use passive speakers, you'd need to put another device in your chain like a home theater system, stereo receiver, or any number of things that has speaker jacks.

And keeping in mind how faulty memory is, the V10 was somewhat close to my Opus #1 to my ears, where the Q1 mkii doesn't feel as close so far. It still has a rather enjoyable sound, but as I paid 75 shipped for mine, I don't expect miracles.

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #289 of 834
In order to use passive speakers, you'd need to put another device in your chain like a home theater system, stereo receiver, or any number of things that has speaker jacks.

And keeping in mind how faulty memory is, the V10 was somewhat close to my Opus #1 to my ears, where the Q1 mkii doesn't feel as close so far. It still has a rather enjoyable sound, but as I paid 75 shipped for mine, I don't expect miracles.

thanks for letting me know. i was thinking of buying this until you told me it's not as good as the V series. I just wanted a DAC with DSD capabilities. be sure to share your experience with the Q1-MKII with us when you receive it. i

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #290 of 834
You have to keep in mind the V series spoils their owners, as it essentially negates the need for daps or dac/amps unless you're really spoiled with some great gear. And we're also talking about as 100USD DSD capable balanced dac/amp, which makes it a very interesting device if you have the money to throw around. Initial impressions for me are quite favorable so far, and it should end up being a rather solid entry-level device for people to try out both balanced and DSD if they desire. Plus I like that it's a rather small device.

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #291 of 834
You have to keep in mind the V series spoils their owners, as it essentially negates the need for daps or dac/amps unless you're really spoiled with some great gear. And we're also talking about as 100USD DSD capable balanced dac/amp, which makes it a very interesting device if you have the money to throw around. Initial impressions for me are quite favorable so far, and it should end up being a rather solid entry-level device for people to try out both balanced and DSD if they desire. Plus I like that it's a rather small device.

i know. even though the v20 doesn't do DSD (though i heard it can do DoP for DSD64 files) it sounds really amazing with it's quad-dac. I kept thinking since it can play DSD it's going to automatically be better than my V20 dac which only does PCM but I was wrong. What's the point of DSD if it doesn't sound better than PCM of the V? I might as well stop bothering with <$500 DACs and save up for a Mojo or Micro IDSD Black Label or at least the Q5. thanks for the help

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #292 of 834
Both Mojo and iDSD are phenomenal, and if you're looking for portability the Mojo wins no questions. BL will give you more than enough power for pretty much anything you can own, and is extremely feature rich. You can occasionally find the BL for 380 from Adorama, and 400 is a little more common.

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #293 of 834
Both Mojo and iDSD are phenomenal, and if you're looking for portability the Mojo wins no questions. BL will give you more than enough power for pretty much anything you can own, and is extremely feature rich. You can occasionally find the BL for 380 from Adorama, and 400 is a little more common.
thanks, i heard the dsd bl has better sound than the mojo. do you know any other good DAC at that price? i don't need portability that much

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #294 of 834
I personally can't think of a better deal than the Adorama sales for iDSD BL, which typically happen every two or so months. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if you can find a good deal on Black Friday, or maybe the 11.11 sales on GearBest or Aliexpress.

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #295 of 834
FiiO does not respond to my emails asking how to buy another lightning to micro UB cable, which as predicted I misplaced and am now unable to use my Q1 MK2.....

I am now regretting this purchase however much I enjoyed the device.

Maybe FiiO will read this and help me.

Nov 10, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #296 of 834
I think Fiio is a chinese company and 11.11 sale is just hours away. I can see how they could be busy. I think apple should stock this cable in their store. Although I would not know if Fiio's cable is uniquely identifiable and specific to the Q1 MK II.

Nov 10, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #297 of 834
FiiO does not respond to my emails asking how to buy another lightning to micro UB cable, which as predicted I misplaced and am now unable to use my Q1 MK2.....

As an alternative, sometimes I use an Apple CCK and any of the many OTG USB to microUSB I have lying around the house.

Nov 10, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #298 of 834

If you're based in the US, you can look for the DJI drone connector cables on Amazon. They are data cables, so should function correctly even though there's no MFi certification.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0757C79VY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&smid=A1V2E8DX667HSW&th=1

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #299 of 834
Anyone had audio stutter / jitter issues?

When using the Apple 3.5m dongle, I don't have any issues - but with the Q1MK2, sometimes the music stops for 1-2 seconds, then resumes the track. Using iOS 11.1.

Other than that, nice fit and finish. The Lightning-MicroUSB cable is quite malleable and flexible as well, wish there was a longer version so I don't have to stack my phone.

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #300 of 834

Hi,
We are not at work today so we may not reply your mail on time. You can buy a spare one from us if you like. But the certain cable is out of stock currently. So you may need wait more days. My colleague may reply you after coming back to work as well. Sorry if bringing inconvenience to you.
Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back