FiiO Q1MKII- Native DSD Support, XMOS USB DAC chip, DAC AK4452, 20 hours
Nov 2, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #271 of 834
Try installing Sony's Song Pal app, and connect Q1 II (SWITCHED OFF) to your phone (SWITCHED ON AND SCREEN UNLOCKED), then launch the "Song Pal" app. Once connection is done, switch your Q1 II ON and wait for maybe 1 minute. A white box or maybe black will pop up asking whether you want to use this "something" as default sound output, select YES. If your phone does not respond, uninstall the Song Pal app and pray.

Hi,
We didn't advertise that Q1 MKII could work with android phones for considering those issue as well: http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=42715
You may still check whether you use a correct cable and try other APP to see if it helps.
Best regards

I managed to get the Q1MKII DAC/Amp working on my Xiaomi Mi Max 2. Just that the phone is charging the Q1MKII as well, I'm fine with that as long as it's not affecting audio quality. Otherwise, quite impressed with its performance so far!

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #272 of 834
But I'm not sure whether the dac is activated or not?
I'll download the app later, but I only listen to streaming music (Spotify premium) only...
P_20171102_223103[1].jpg

P_20171102_223014[1].jpg

P_20171102_223111[1].jpg

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #273 of 834
ft
But I'm not sure whether the dac is activated or not?
I'll download the app later, but I only listen to streaming music (Spotify premium) only...

The app I mentioned above does not support streaming service, it is like a regular audio player that you phone has but at a more advance scale in terms of sound output but the ui is another story.

Nov 2, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #274 of 834
I disagree with your conclusion based on the data you provide.

You simply cannot measure the perception of space between notes that are close in time and freq. This is all psycho acoustics. I prefer balanced and will read but not reply to your reply if it challenges me.It's about dynamics (power) It's my joy, leave me alone. :wink:

However...

Reading a review on Headphonia where the reviewer often made ref to the freq spectrum then said he actually didn't put much into freq graphs is absurd. It is embarrassing.This hobby is so chock full O shii it's mind blowing and the companies are a HUGE part of this.

Ryan just posted a review of this item and said the bass was loose or slow??

THAT is a driver related issue and has no connection to an analogue converter or an amplification stage. The association with terms used to describe drivers being so freely attached to DAP's and amp's is incredible. The proliferation of Audio blogs after Head-Fi's remake is the worst thing to ever happen to this hobby.

People will not buy a DAP because they read it was muddy or because an amp/dac had slow bass?? What....is......that?

The device in this thread does not have slow bass which is quite rare and often cheap or poorly designed dynamic drivers that handle lower frequency notes inefficiently or the driver is being given too much power and is becoming inefficient because it is beyond spec.

:) Love your reply Chris. If people want to go balanced because it makes them feel better, all power to them. I like my iDSD best when the teal light is on. I know it’s psycho-acoustic, but it doesn’t make me stop liking it :wink:. I just don’t make public claims DSD is better. I respond when people claim balanced is better with something like simple to drive IEMs. Enough myths in this hobby already.

Agree on some reviewing standards. Q1ii is a little on the warm side because of slight high treble roll off in the DAC section. Bass isn’t enhanced. FiiOs measurements show this. Too many people reviewing on purely subjective at the moment. Planning a blog post soon. Should be interesting. Will be controversial.

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #275 of 834
@Brooko
I'm curious if Apple have fixed the EMI/RFI issues on the Iphone SE paired to the Q1MII with the latest IOS updates.

The Q1MII performs flawlessly paired with my Iphone 6s, but I know that the many problems with the Iphone SE have been disastrous pre IOS11 (source: the about 7000 angry employees in my organisation that chose Iphone SE as their work phone in the beginning of 2017).

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #276 of 834
@Brooko
I'm curious if Apple have fixed the EMI/RFI issues on the Iphone SE paired to the Q1MII with the latest IOS updates.

The Q1MII performs flawlessly paired with my Iphone 6s, but I know that the many problems with the Iphone SE have been disastrous pre IOS11 (source: the about 7000 angry employees in my organisation that chose Iphone SE as their work phone in the beginning of 2017).

What's wrong with the SE? I have 2 and have had zero issues other than sometimes the home button is kind of sticky/stiff to push on 1 of them. But cleaning the button with rubbing alcohol and a qtip clears that right up.

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #277 of 834
Just got this in due to the temporary sale for 75 after tax on Amazon plus a lack of willpower, and my initial listen taught me something about my phone. Man I dislike how it forces me to charge the Q1 mkii in order to listen via OTG. Might be time to research to see if I can find a solution. Picking any option other than charging the Fiio disconnects and immediately reconnects it to start charging again. Either way, it's the end of my day, so that's a study for another time.

Nov 2, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #278 of 834
What's wrong with the SE? I have 2 and have had zero issues other than sometimes the home button is kind of sticky/stiff to push on 1 of them. But cleaning the button with rubbing alcohol and a qtip clears that right up.

I haven't heard of any issues with the home button from our users, but we had quite severe problems during the roll out and well after.
I work at the IT Infrastructure department at a Swedish authority with around 14.500 employees. Every second year we swap to new phones. During the first stages of this years roll out our Service Desk was flooded with users reporting their SE units. We actually had to halt sending out the SE for a few weeks until the following IOS update. The main problem was distorted sound during phone calls. It was like listening to someone making a phone call from outer space inside of a metal box. It was so severe that 70% of the users in phase one experienced distorted sound and 45% declared that they could not use their brand new SE units for making calls.
I believe the following IOS10 update fixed the problem with the distorted sound, while other problems were added like, the units not recognizing the earpods, no ring bell during incoming calls, recurring dropped connections during calls, and so on.
I think IOS11 fixed most of the problems, but I'm not fully up to date with what has been reported to our Service Desk during the last month.
It actually was so big of a problem that even a large percentage of die hard Apple users took the chance to change to our Android alternative that is Huawei Honor 8. A choice I already made before the roll out, because I often need to use a map function when I'm travelling, and the SE screen is just too small for that.
So in my experience the Iphone SE is the most problematic Apple product I've encountered...

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #279 of 834
Personally I love the SE - zero issues by itself. The only issue is pairing with the Q1ii - occasional low level EMI/RF static. Doesn't happen with the the Q1 original, or the E17K.

Nov 3, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #282 of 834
Anyone experiencing sporadic dropouts when playing DSD with Onkyo’s player on an iPhone? (Mine isn’t the 6 plus)

Maybe I need that CCK even though this
Is an MFI device.

I still prefer the knurled knob on my E12A Mont Blanc amp.

Nov 3, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #283 of 834
Anyone experiencing sporadic dropouts when playing DSD with Onkyo’s player on an iPhone? (Mine isn’t the 6 plus)

Maybe I need that CCK even though this
Is an MFI device.

I still prefer the knurled knob on my E12A Mont Blanc amp.

Try out sony Song Pal app on iphone, it might works better than Onkyo player in terms of DSD output.

Nov 9, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #285 of 834
How can we order a replacement lightning to micro USB cable for the Q1 MK II ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back