FiiO Q1MKII Apple MFi Certified DAC & Amp with Native DSD Support,XMOS USB DAC chip,DAC AK4452,20 hours

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by FiiO, Jul 15, 2017.

1. dharkharma
    I managed to get the Q1MKII DAC/Amp working on my Xiaomi Mi Max 2. Just that the phone is charging the Q1MKII as well, I'm fine with that as long as it's not affecting audio quality. Otherwise, quite impressed with its performance so far!

Hariz Nordin likes this.
  2. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    P_20171102_223103[1].jpg

P_20171102_223014[1].jpg

P_20171102_223111[1].jpg

Hariz Nordin likes this.
  3. Ver JJ
    ft
    The app I mentioned above does not support streaming service, it is like a regular audio player that you phone has but at a more advance scale in terms of sound output but the ui is another story.

Hariz Nordin likes this.
  4. Brooko Contributor
    :) Love your reply Chris. If people want to go balanced because it makes them feel better, all power to them. I like my iDSD best when the teal light is on. I know it’s psycho-acoustic, but it doesn’t make me stop liking it :wink:. I just don’t make public claims DSD is better. I respond when people claim balanced is better with something like simple to drive IEMs. Enough myths in this hobby already.

Agree on some reviewing standards. Q1ii is a little on the warm side because of slight high treble roll off in the DAC section. Bass isn’t enhanced. FiiOs measurements show this. Too many people reviewing on purely subjective at the moment. Planning a blog post soon. Should be interesting. Will be controversial.

Hawaiibadboy likes this.
  5. springbay
    @Brooko
    I'm curious if Apple have fixed the EMI/RFI issues on the Iphone SE paired to the Q1MII with the latest IOS updates.

The Q1MII performs flawlessly paired with my Iphone 6s, but I know that the many problems with the Iphone SE have been disastrous pre IOS11 (source: the about 7000 angry employees in my organisation that chose Iphone SE as their work phone in the beginning of 2017).

6. Slater
    What's wrong with the SE? I have 2 and have had zero issues other than sometimes the home button is kind of sticky/stiff to push on 1 of them. But cleaning the button with rubbing alcohol and a qtip clears that right up.

7. Saoshyant
    Just got this in due to the temporary sale for 75 after tax on Amazon plus a lack of willpower, and my initial listen taught me something about my phone. Man I dislike how it forces me to charge the Q1 mkii in order to listen via OTG. Might be time to research to see if I can find a solution. Picking any option other than charging the Fiio disconnects and immediately reconnects it to start charging again. Either way, it's the end of my day, so that's a study for another time.

8. springbay
    I haven't heard of any issues with the home button from our users, but we had quite severe problems during the roll out and well after.
    I work at the IT Infrastructure department at a Swedish authority with around 14.500 employees. Every second year we swap to new phones. During the first stages of this years roll out our Service Desk was flooded with users reporting their SE units. We actually had to halt sending out the SE for a few weeks until the following IOS update. The main problem was distorted sound during phone calls. It was like listening to someone making a phone call from outer space inside of a metal box. It was so severe that 70% of the users in phase one experienced distorted sound and 45% declared that they could not use their brand new SE units for making calls.
    I believe the following IOS10 update fixed the problem with the distorted sound, while other problems were added like, the units not recognizing the earpods, no ring bell during incoming calls, recurring dropped connections during calls, and so on.
    I think IOS11 fixed most of the problems, but I'm not fully up to date with what has been reported to our Service Desk during the last month.
    It actually was so big of a problem that even a large percentage of die hard Apple users took the chance to change to our Android alternative that is Huawei Honor 8. A choice I already made before the roll out, because I often need to use a map function when I'm travelling, and the SE screen is just too small for that.
    So in my experience the Iphone SE is the most problematic Apple product I've encountered...

9. Brooko Contributor
    Personally I love the SE - zero issues by itself. The only issue is pairing with the Q1ii - occasional low level EMI/RF static. Doesn't happen with the the Q1 original, or the E17K.

10. Slater
    Interesting...I guess I've been really lucky with my SE sample size of 2 :o2smile:

11. Saoshyant
    I keep meaning to find an inexpensive SE, but never seem to have luck with the T-Mobile variant

12. Angular Mo
    Anyone experiencing sporadic dropouts when playing DSD with Onkyo’s player on an iPhone? (Mine isn’t the 6 plus)

Maybe I need that CCK even though this
    Is an MFI device.

I still prefer the knurled knob on my E12A Mont Blanc amp.

13. Ver JJ
    Try out sony Song Pal app on iphone, it might works better than Onkyo player in terms of DSD output.

Angular Mo likes this.
  14. theaudiologist
    1.is this worth buying when you have a V20?
    2.can these power HD700 or HD600?
    3.can you use the line out to connect to a speaker?

15. Angular Mo
    How can we order a replacement lightning to micro USB cable for the Q1 MK II ?