FIIO Q15 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #498 of 798
Okay, I am joining the group of the highly annoyed guys ... After I updated to FW 1.82, I listened for quite some time over Bluetooth only. After getting back to USB, I realized that gain in USB Mode has lowered significantly. On SH, I turn the volume around 50, and it is still not very loud. Switiching to Bluetooth, it gets a lot louder, too loud for my ears. PEQ is on Bypass, MQA Mode off, but fiio App on Windows shows "DevKit". Can I do something to change this behavior? Or do I have to Factory Reset and update to 1.66 and stay there? I hate things like this ... Thanks for your help!
I downgraded to 1.66 and use it with my Motorola G73 Smartphone (which I bought especially for the Q15).
This is (unfortunately) currently the best solution when using Bluetooth only.
It’s really great sounding though LDAC.
Sometimes I connect a powered USB-C cable and use desktop mode.

Feb 11, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #499 of 798
I downgraded to 1.66 and use it with my Motorola G73 Smartphone (which I bought especially for the Q15).
This is (unfortunately) currently the best solution when using Bluetooth only.
It’s really great sounding though LDAC.
Sometimes I connect a powered USB-C cable and use desktop mode.
I like the APTX Adaptive even better.

Feb 16, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #505 of 798
Noticed a small bug: when switching from bluetooth to USB the sound becomes much quieter. Going to PEQ, changing to e.g. Jazz, and then back to 'Bypass' makes it as loud as BT. PEQ is on 'Bypass' on both BT and USB.
Not a disaster, but somewhat annoying to spend 10-15 seconds to fix it every time when switching the source. Also hard to compare BT and USB sound quality when volume changes.

Feb 16, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #507 of 798
Noticed a small bug: when switching from bluetooth to USB the sound becomes much quieter. Going to PEQ, changing to e.g. Jazz, and then back to 'Bypass' makes it as loud as BT. PEQ is on 'Bypass' on both BT and USB.
Not a disaster, but somewhat annoying to spend 10-15 seconds to fix it every time when switching the source. Also hard to compare BT and USB sound quality when volume changes.
Hi already known issues of firmware v1.82 waiting for Fiio to correct these bugs

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #510 of 798
I ended up sending my Q15 back after listening to an iFi Gryphon. The Q15 was great, but the Gryphon is more impressive. A bit more money, but well worth it.
It's a toolbox of connectivity, as well.
thats an interesting choice , those burr brown dac chips that ifi uses are no good dont measure well and fairly dated at this point. the gryphon seems less powerful and connectivity wise they are fairly comparable. there are other choices in this price range from xduoo , shanling but if it works for you then great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back