FiiO New Portable Headphone Amp A1 --Classic & Tiny & Metal
Mar 19, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #47 of 525
Nice design!

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #48 of 525
I was sold at Metal! 

beerchug.gif

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #49 of 525
I used to own the E06 from Fiio, but unfortunately it was stolen from me.
However, from the experience with the device, it was a pretty little beast, perfectly capable of amplifying my Samsung Note 4. What was interesting was that the amplifier added no colorature to the original sound, thus being neutral, at least to my ears.
The only downside, however, was the dimensions of the device, which, by the way, makes it the ultimate portable device but, at the same time, can hardly be sticked together with such an impressive device as the Note 4.
Based on my experience, Fiio A1 should be a bang for the buck.
Look forward to test it.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #50 of 525
I've been excited about the new A3 since i heard about it! The e6 was my first amp and i bought it for a crappy pair of Sony on-ears. Unfortionatly, the sony's weren't very good, but the e6 brought the nonexistent bass up a bit. The e6 did what it advertised in a small form factor and at a small price. My hope is that the A3 improved on the sound quality and ease-of-use. I still have the e6 and it would be pretty fun to a-b test the two.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #51 of 525
Interesting new amp...love the form factor...have read good things on many fiio products, yet haven't owned one...the X7 has been on my radar
given its streaming capable....maybe I'll be lucky in this draw

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #52 of 525
  I've been excited about the new A3 since i heard about it! The e6 was my first amp and i bought it for a crappy pair of Sony on-ears. Unfortionatly, the sony's weren't very good, but the e6 brought the nonexistent bass up a bit. The e6 did what it advertised in a small form factor and at a small price. My hope is that the A3 improved on the sound quality and ease-of-use. I still have the e6 and it would be pretty fun to a-b test the two.

Do you mean A1, not A3, right?

It's definitely one cute little amp!!!  My full review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-a1-micro-headphone-amplifier/reviews/15146

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #55 of 525
Cool idea, I'm really curious how A1 will pair with my iBasso DX50, hopefully will add a bit bass which is what it needs sometimes :)

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #58 of 525
I've tried this amp which brought by mr. Asep from Dontblameyourears (local audio store in Jakarta). Well, paired with my planar headphone (Fostex T50RP modded) and high impendance earbud (Crossroad HR-1), this little tiny amp is rock solid and can deliver some nice sound for even my planar ! Wow !

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #60 of 525
Very interesting little device. Would love to compare it to the Fiio E11 and Caying C5...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back