FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Jan 21, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #2,236 of 2,501
Hey man, can u provide the link of the samba plugin APK?
You get it inside the app.
Total_commander_plugin.jpg

Jan 21, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #2,237 of 2,501
decided to return the M9 and try out the Hiby r5. On sale right now for $299. Hoping for better Wi-Fi and it supposedly has a system-wide EQ.
Every issue I find with this thing appears to have a solution. My WiFi issue at the gym was solved by installing ES File Explorer and using the little web browser in it to accept the "Terms and Conditions" of the gym's WiFi.

Feb 2, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #2,238 of 2,501
Your advice. I recently bought the new DK1 to be able to dock the M 9 or M 11 and then connect to active speakers via rca. The old DK1 had a 3.5 line out,this one has a usb line out designed to connect to computers etc. Anybody know if a usb to rca lead would work to connect to active speakers? These cables do exist.

Feb 2, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #2,239 of 2,501
Your advice. I recently bought the new DK1 to be able to dock the M 9 or M 11 and then connect to active speakers via rca. The old DK1 had a 3.5 line out,this one has a usb line out designed to connect to computers etc. Anybody know if a usb to rca lead would work to connect to active speakers? These cables do exist.
This dock is pure digital. If you want analog output (RCA), than you need a DAC. I think it is better to buy the other DK1 dock with analog out.

Feb 11, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #2,240 of 2,501
. Anyway for those wanting to use Amazon HD on their FiiO M9, it is possible, but you may have to clean up the 2GB internal memory and use the App straight after booting. It does sound fantastic and the FiiO M9 has amazing sound quality especially with ultra HD tracks. The LED light stays off so you will have no idea what level of sound is playing. You will have to trust your ears. Maybe FiiO could quickly do some work on the Firmware to make it work consistently with the Amazon HD app and not lose ground on other DAPs as the M9 sound is fantastic.

Late to the party as just got the M9 a few days ago. Amazon HD works if and only if you run it straight after boot, as said above. You can tell the bit rate etc. by touching the HD or HD ultra symbol under the song playing. And a bit of a disappointment the signal through S/PDIF does not work from Amazon HD only Fiio Music app. I have D12 Anaconda that I still love to this day which I use with my old iRiver.

The M9 is definitely a bit under-powered, but for the price it's a bargain. Problem is it's got me wanting to buy a pair of Tin P1 with a balanced cable. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #2,241 of 2,501
Late to the party as just got the M9 a few days ago. Amazon HD works if and only if you run it straight after boot, as said above. You can tell the bit rate etc. by touching the HD or HD ultra symbol under the song playing. And a bit of a disappointment the signal through S/PDIF does not work from Amazon HD only Fiio Music app. I have D12 Anaconda that I still love to this day which I use with my old iRiver.

The M9 is definitely a bit under-powered, but for the price it's a bargain. Problem is it's got me wanting to buy a pair of Tin P1 with a balanced cable. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I have been using my m9 as a transport playing Amazon HD via s/pdif to my Gungnir without any difficulties at all. Not sure why you would be having any problem. I guess maybe it is underpowered on its own, but I have no problem using my Hdxx's and Sundaras balanced with usable headroom, though less with the Sundaras. Of course, it drives the Elexes with ease. Not that I plan to use any of those cans on the go.

Feb 12, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #2,242 of 2,501
I have been using my m9 as a transport playing Amazon HD via s/pdif to my Gungnir without any difficulties at all. Not sure why you would be having any problem. I guess maybe it is underpowered on its own, but I have no problem using my Hdxx's and Sundaras balanced with usable headroom, though less with the Sundaras. Of course, it drives the Elexes with ease. Not that I plan to use any of those cans on the go.

Interesting that Amazon HD works over S/PDIF for you. Are you on the latest firmware (1.0.6)? If the fiio music app hadn't worked I'd assumed a fault with the player, cable or the D12. You can hear the music, but with a load of digital fuzz/noise as well.

And sorry I meant underpowered in the CPU department. Plenty of output power for the cans I own.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #2,243 of 2,501
Interesting that Amazon HD works over S/PDIF for you. Are you on the latest firmware (1.0.6)? If the fiio music app hadn't worked I'd assumed a fault with the player, cable or the D12. You can hear the music, but with a load of digital fuzz/noise as well.

And sorry I meant underpowered in the CPU department. Plenty of output power for the cans I own.
I am on 1.0.6. Just tried it again and it works without a hitch, online or downloaded. I agree about the processor, and if streaming was my primary use case I probably would've gone for something different. That it works at all is kind of a bonus for me. It has some problems with 24/192 from Amazon with excessive buffering and changing to lower bit rates seemingly without reason, which I assume is due to the slow processor. Or possibly the fact that it has to rely on a wireless connection to my network, which only gives me 60-80 mb down via ethernet. Although i get 1080p video without difficulty. This happens whether using spdif or the headphone outs.

Feb 14, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #2,244 of 2,501
I am planning to get this one to use as transport to my chord mojo. But instead of the usual usage, i plan on using its bluetooth receive function via ldac or aac. Does some users here do that? Just want to make sure it works, i will stream my music over bluetooth, send it to the m9, which is connected to the mojo via digital out... many thanks in advance :)

also is bluetooth stable on this? sorry just had to ask it, got a bad experience with bluetooth in the ibasso dx160 and hiby r6.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #2,245 of 2,501
I haven't used the bluetooth myself, but I'm also curious to hear from others who have. Would be more convenient if it works smoothly.

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #2,246 of 2,501
I am planning to get this one to use as transport to my chord mojo. But instead of the usual usage, i plan on using its bluetooth receive function via ldac or aac. Does some users here do that? Just want to make sure it works, i will stream my music over bluetooth, send it to the m9, which is connected to the mojo via digital out... many thanks in advance :)

also is bluetooth stable on this? sorry just had to ask it, got a bad experience with bluetooth in the ibasso dx160 and hiby r6.

Wouldn't the BRT5 be better suited, as you're not making use of 90% of the M9?

Bluetooth sink works with SBC or LDAC, but my phone doesn't support LDAC so haven't been able to test it. SBC works, but it's a low bit rate.

Feb 16, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #2,248 of 2,501
^can the btr5 receive a bluetooth connection and at the same time transfer it digitally to a dac/amp?
No.
What woild be the purpose of this anyway?
Are you hoping to use the BTR5 as some kind of BT range extender or something?

If your source is capable of broadcasting a BT signal, just use it to send directly to your BT headphones/BT receiver.
I get the feeling I'm missing something here, please elucidate.

Feb 18, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #2,249 of 2,501
Hey all! Just about to receive my fiio m9, just wondering if any of you have paired the m9 with the q5s? If so, how does the pair sound and compare to just the native setup? Are there any other setups that you would rec?

Feb 20, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #2,250 of 2,501

Dear user,

You could connect the M9 to the mobile phone via Bluetooth, then connect the M9 to the mojo via coaxial adapter.
And if there are local store in your city, you could try out by yourself first.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back