FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Nov 30, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #2,161 of 2,501
May I ask where the unit is on sale for $120 off? I see $50 off in the US which brings the unit to $250 give or take.

Can I confirm this can play SACD ISO natively? Some old reviews said not; but it seems it can.

Just to confirm; Amazon HD works ok correct? Also, can this run the Sirius XM app?

Nov 30, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #2,162 of 2,501
May I ask where the unit is on sale for $120 off? I see $50 off in the US which brings the unit to $250 give or take.

Can I confirm this can play SACD ISO natively? Some old reviews said not; but it seems it can.

Just to confirm; Amazon HD works ok correct? Also, can this run the Sirius XM app?

Amazon HD does work, but on my unit if I use another app first it's a bit too much for the processor when I start using the Amazon HD app, and it can't cope. In general it works though and sounds amazing.

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #2,163 of 2,501
Is it possible to load UAPP onto M9?

Thanks

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #2,164 of 2,501

It appears the discount in the US is only $60 on the M9 but $120 in Canada. I bought mine at amazon.ca, even with the bigger discount it still costs more in Canada because the MSRP was $100 higher than the US.

Dec 1, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #2,168 of 2,501
Received M9 today, Oh my It's so sluggish. I deleted all apps I would not use etc.
Tidal will not play for anymore than a few minutes before I get the No Network message.
I updated firmware and updated the App but it's still next to useless.
Also a very noticeable Hiss on the Balanced output.
The M6 I have is twice as fast.

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #2,169 of 2,501
Just got my M9 and the sound is pretty good for a player of its price. The lineout sounds great when plugged into my system or to the Meier quickstep. The amp is a pretty weak, it’s rather flat and doesn’t have enough thump.

The OS is rather slow.

One thing I want to do is to load a new keyboard on the machine but just couldn’t find a way to do it. I tried looking through the manual and online but didn’t have much luck. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Dec 2, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #2,170 of 2,501
Probably better off picking up a used LG V30 or similar. But my M6 does sound good.

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #2,171 of 2,501
I’m trying to use it with my Hiby R5, FiiO music app installed. Don’t ask. I select FiiO link toggle on iPhone and it keeps prompting for WiFi IP address. Supposed to be Bluetooth link tho, right?
On the M9 Fiio app you have Fiio link in settings. You have to put the same IP on the iphone app and it will connect
It does not work with bluetooth on iphone, only wifi

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #2,172 of 2,501
Received M9 today, Oh my It's so sluggish. I deleted all apps I would not use etc.
Tidal will not play for anymore than a few minutes before I get the No Network message.
I updated firmware and updated the App but it's still next to useless.
Also a very noticeable Hiss on the Balanced output.
The M6 I have is twice as fast.
Maybe your unit is faulty. I am using the balanced output with Sens HD660s and it sounds great.
The OS is sluggish, but it works. I have no issues with spotify, tidal, amazon music HD and the sound is great.
Another question. What headphones are you using with the bal output?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #2,173 of 2,501
Maybe your unit is faulty. I am using the balanced output with Sens HD660s and it sounds great.
The OS is sluggish, but it works. I have no issues with spotify, tidal, amazon music HD and the sound is great.
Another question. What headphones are you using with the bal output?
I tried 3 different sets of KZ in ear.
The unit just would not play long enough to really let me evaluate it properly.
To have such a sluggish OS instantly gives a feeling of apprehension to me.

Dec 2, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #2,174 of 2,501
Just got my M9 and the sound is pretty good for a player of its price. The lineout sounds great when plugged into my system or to the Meier quickstep. The amp is a pretty weak, it’s rather flat and doesn’t have enough thump.

The OS is rather slow.

One thing I want to do is to load a new keyboard on the machine but just couldn’t find a way to do it. I tried looking through the manual and online but didn’t have much luck. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.
Hi. I also connect my daps to my system, ie receiver on my home audio system. I use a cable from the dap 3.5 socket that splits for separate left/right channels plugged into CD jacks on my receiver. Should I select settings for line out on the dap as well? Hopefully this question makes sense. Thanks

Dec 2, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #2,175 of 2,501
On the M9 Fiio app you have Fiio link in settings. You have to put the same IP on the iphone app and it will connect
It does not work with bluetooth on iphone, only wifi
I tried it, no success.
FiiO music app on my dap insists on engaging Bluetooth. Fine. Bluetooth and WiFi both engaged in the dap. Same on iPhone. FiiO music app on iPhone: I toggle FiiO link on and I am prompted to input FiiO link IP address. I tried several different ones no success, eg WiFi MAC address, IP address (which is extremely long but listed as several lines so unsure if it’s a portion of this or the entire thing)—and these numbers came off my dap. Suggestions? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back