FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
May 9, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #1,894 of 2,501
Ok, thanks, just another question, is it possible to have a balanced line out or just unbalanced?

Is it possible to have balanced line out?!?

It is possible to have balanced line out, it is popular on high-end DACs and such. Not sure M9 supports it tho, and not sure what portable supports it...

will the SanDisk Ultra 400gb work with the M9 and X3ii?

Yes, if the card is original, should work just fine :)

Make sure to purchase from a trusted source

Man, I want one of those so badly, but it starts at 120 USD in Romania...

May 13, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #1,896 of 2,501
Stability of FiiO music app appears to diminish in proportion to the length of time M9 is left on without restart or reboot, ie the longer without reboot the more glitches appear, the more unreliable it becomes. That happy FiiO song appears on the screen in between every change of song or album; song titles appear in Asian characters; touch screen less responsive; top screen, pull down widget (or whatever) displays wrong music file; just now had no sound coming from iems until I chose an entirely different album. Not to mention persistent album art display issues in grid view.
I still enjoy M9 but boy I hope the update takes care of all this weirdness

May 23, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #1,898 of 2,501
I just purchased the M9 the other Day...... Can Someone help with Data output port into a FiiO Q1 Mkii, Is this a recommended set up for a stack,? If so Is there a setting I need to change to get audio from the M9 jnto DAC amp.... I don't want to use 3.5mm port into line on on Q1 I prefer to use data /USB C into Amp.... Can Someone offer some guidance

May 23, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #1,899 of 2,501
I just purchased the M9 the other Day...... Can Someone help with Data output port into a FiiO Q1 Mkii, Is this a recommended set up for a stack,? If so Is there a setting I need to change to get audio from the M9 jnto DAC amp.... I don't want to use 3.5mm port into line on on Q1 I prefer to use data /USB C into Amp.... Can Someone offer some guidance

Why would you want to use both? The M9 has a really good amp section and is actually more powerful than the Q1ii - even able to drive an HD600/HD800 (quite well with turbo balanced).

You aren't going to get any improvement wired or wireless by attaching the Q1ii to the M9.

May 23, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #1,900 of 2,501
You'll need a USB-C to micro OTG cable to slave the Q1 to the M9. The FiiO cable part number is CL06.
I doubt stacking the M9 with the Q1 will be worth it given the superior specs on the M9's amp stage but, hey, try it out and let us know.
I think the M9 sounds pretty bad on its own and only use it for piping SPDIF to my xDSD.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #1,901 of 2,501
I think the M9 sounds pretty bad on its own and only use it for piping SPDIF to my xDSD.
Really? I have to admit that I am surprised, I find it sounds really quite good. I am surprised, but we all hear what it is we hear. I like the M9.

May 24, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #1,903 of 2,501
The M9s WiFi connection problems I mentioned earlier in this thread finally frustrated me so much that I gave in and returned it to Amazon for a full refund. Unfortunately while I can appreciate that the majority of their products are of a good standard I'll never be buying FiiO again. For them to acknowledge that it's a poor quality WiFi chip and then blame Samsung for it is unacceptable in my opinion.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #1,904 of 2,501
Why would you want to use both? The M9 has a really good amp section and is actually more powerful than the Q1ii - even able to drive an HD600/HD800 (quite well with turbo balanced).

You aren't going to get any improvement wired or wireless by attaching the Q1ii to the M9.
Thanks.... I guess I'm just used to the Stack thing.... Been doing it for years with my RSA & ipod

May 24, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #1,905 of 2,501
You'll need a USB-C to micro OTG cable to slave the Q1 to the M9. The FiiO cable part number is CL06.
I doubt stacking the M9 with the Q1 will be worth it given the superior specs on the M9's amp stage but, hey, try it out and let us know.
The M9 Amp stage is Good very good actually, ut a little Dark for me.... The Q1 is a little brighter fo me.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back