FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Apr 30, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #1,878 of 2,501
It seems to be a randomly occuring effect in combination when using BT earphones. In my above test I skipped through a lot of my life records and did not listen in one long run to verify this, but others seems to have.

May 2, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #1,879 of 2,501
For those who are using the M9 as a USB DAC, what is your path/configuration? An additional question, has anybody used and have a suggestion for a USB OTG cable from the M9 to the FiiO Q5? I want to see if the Q5 does indeed provide better amplification via the AM3A. Cheers.

May 2, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #1,881 of 2,501
I would just like to reiterate that my M9 doesn't properly alphabetize folders, unlike other FiiOs which always did. I hope firmware can address this.
That’s interesting. I find the same in folder view,in particular I find if I add a new artist folder it appears at the bottom of the list where z should be. It’s correctly ordered in artist view. However,I have found the same thing on my x7ii. And I have no idea why it does this. It has done this from day one on x7 so not optimistic of a fix.

May 2, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #1,882 of 2,501
That’s interesting. I find the same in folder view,in particular I find if I add a new artist folder it appears at the bottom of the list where z should be. It’s correctly ordered in artist view. However,I have found the same thing on my x7ii. And I have no idea why it does this. It has done this from day one on x7 so not optimistic of a fix.

FiiO has been responsive to fix bugs like this in the past, so as long as we keep citing it... I believe it will be rectified. I saw them address a bug reported by one user in Australia in regards to an X5 II, the only such problem reported, and the user was thrilled FiiO addressed and fixed it.

May 2, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #1,883 of 2,501
FiiO has been responsive to fix bugs like this in the past, so as long as we keep citing it... I believe it will be rectified. I saw them address a bug reported by one user in Australia in regards to an X5 II, the only such problem reported, and the user was thrilled FiiO addressed and fixed it.
I hope you are right. I have no issues with fiio. I have always had good customer service albeit not prompt. They do address issues,yes they do. But not all,I have a couple of issues unresolved. I have several fiio products,have ordered the new M11,would not do so if I lacked faith in the company. I have not raised the issue you refer to but can if weight in numbers assists.

May 2, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #1,884 of 2,501
Hello Fiio. In the the nicest of ways could you please give a timeline for the iOS version of Fiio Link. It has been “coming soon” for months. It would be nice to know it is actually coming or not.

Thank you in advance for any response.

May 4, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #1,885 of 2,501
I have both. On high gain, and balance boost on, I find the M9 to have a similar tonality to the ZX300 - Dark sounding with a strong and slightly boomy bass with weak treble presence. ES100 sounds more balanced and is more detailed in all frequencies. However, compared to the ES100, the M9 sounds more fleshed out, a tad more dynamic. The ES100 sounds a bit more "brittle"? This is all relative though. Both sounds great and you should probably decide based on the tonality of your transducers.

Thanks for your comparison, When comparing ZX300 with M9 which you find more detailed?

May 5, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #1,886 of 2,501
Hello Fiio. In the the nicest of ways could you please give a timeline for the iOS version of Fiio Link. It has been “coming soon” for months. It would be nice to know it is actually coming or not.

Thank you in advance for any response.
Dear friend,

The engineer told us that the update will be released this month. Sorry for the long waiting.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back