FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Mar 19, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #1,654 of 2,501
Hello,

can someone tell me from experience which player is louder at the 3,5 jack? (same headphone, same song)

Fiio x5 III - 250 mW (32 Ohm) and Recommend Impedance: 16-150

Fiio M9 - 170 mW (32 Ohm) but Recommend Impedance: 16-300

Unfortunetly there is no differentiation for 3,5 and 2,5 at the datasheet for recommend impedance so I'm not sure where I should orientate as 3,5 jack user.

Mar 19, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #1,655 of 2,501
Not sure on this one... M11 is sick tho, literally has every upgrade / change I would want for my M9 and I will be getting one as soon as they are available. I would guess there will still be updates and more white list apps for M9 for quite a while.

Lets hope so and lets hope too that they are not to busy with all the updates for M5 and M11. :wink:

Mar 19, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #1,656 of 2,501
Anyone else have experience using the M9 in USB DAC mode where there are pops/clicks/sputter types of noises when playing anything above 96kHz files?
I find that everything else sounds absolutely awesome, but when playing Hi-Res above 96kHz I get this noise issue. And best I can tell, it doesn't seem to matter if it is in line out or headphone mode.

This issue is consistent playing newer and older music, of various genres... Its not a "vinyl rip pops and clicks" kind of thing, it's as if the DAC is choking on being able to decode the files.
And like I said, absolutely everything else at a lower resolution plays and sounds awesome with zero issues.

Have not used this device in SPDIF mode.

Any feedback welcome... This is pretty annoying as one of the primary purposes of this thing is to handle Hi-Res audio.

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #1,657 of 2,501
Hello all,

can anyone tell me the maximum size of the M9's database?

I've seen some players with a max file count of 15K. I'm hoping the M9 will accept more. My entire CD collection is around 16.5k,
and I'll be moving on to vinyl next. I'm estimating around 20K or so files.

thanks!

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #1,659 of 2,501
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2019 version. Volume very low after pairing with Fiio M9. Don’t know why. Other Bluetooth headphones work fine. Very strange issue. Tried everything developer option for absolute volume also. But problem not solved. Can someone help with it.

Mar 22, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #1,660 of 2,501
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2019 version. Volume very low after pairing with Fiio M9. Don’t know why. Other Bluetooth headphones work fine. Very strange issue. Tried everything developer option for absolute volume also. But problem not solved. Can someone help with it.

Not sure if this is an option... Do your buds have their own volume control? If so, maybe you could try putting the M9 in "LO" or Line Out mode (which sets the output volume to MAX, so be very careful) and then control the volume with your buds? My Beats wireless have their own volume control. Maybe this will work for you.

I use it in LO mode in my truck because the volume is a little low for me as well.

Seriously though... test for volume level BEFORE you put them in your ears... there is a warning message on the M9 screen reminding you when you change to LO mode.
To do it, swipe down from the top of the screen, and click the little headphone icon... it will switch from there. You can change back the same way.

It may be that LO only works for the output jack and not with BT... just thought you could try it.

Holler back if this works for you.
Peace

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #1,661 of 2,501
I received a message to upgrade to a newer version of Tidal on the M9 today. A few attempts to select the update button were met with a crash of the Tidal app. I assume that I will have to side load the latest and greatest. I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten the pop up as well.

Mar 22, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #1,662 of 2,501
Not sure if this is an option... Do your buds have their own volume control? If so, maybe you could try putting the M9 in "LO" or Line Out mode (which sets the output volume to MAX, so be very careful) and then control the volume with your buds? My Beats wireless have their own volume control. Maybe this will work for you.

I use it in LO mode in my truck because the volume is a little low for me as well.

Seriously though... test for volume level BEFORE you put them in your ears... there is a warning message on the M9 screen reminding you when you change to LO mode.
To do it, swipe down from the top of the screen, and click the little headphone icon... it will switch from there. You can change back the same way.

It may be that LO only works for the output jack and not with BT... just thought you could try it.

Peace
Thanks I shall give a try

Mar 22, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #1,664 of 2,501

Peace
Can you suggest best Bluetooth Buds for M9

Mar 22, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #1,665 of 2,501
Hey,

I am very interested in the M9 and it corresponds exactly to my wishes.
Before I decide to buy, I would have to ask a few. What about the updates for the apps, will be all offline songs deleted and you have to download all again?
And is it possible to sort all apps on the homescreen?

I am also interested in the FA1 of Fiio, would the 2.5 mm balanced output make a big difference with the headphones?

At the moment im using a iPod Video with my bose soundsport.
So this would be an upgrade.
I would use it mainly with Tidal because I prefer a separate device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back