FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Dec 11, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #736 of 2,501
Dear friend,

The screen protector has already been applied in the M9 before factory out.
If you need extra screen protector, you could send email to support@fiio.com about that.

Best regards
Its real difficult for me to tell if one has been applied. I got the silver one directly through the amazon link that was provided a few pages ago.

When i touch the screen it feels as though there is no protector on it but im not sure. I know youve done away woth the thin layered ones but if this is glasstampored then it must be the thick layered ones similarly applied on phones.

Its hard to get pictures of this but if someone would provide me with one of theirs for comparison itd greatly appreciate it.

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #738 of 2,501
Dear friend,

The screen protector has already been applied in the M9 before factory out.
If you need extra screen protector, you could send email to support@fiio.com about that.

Best regards

There is really a removeable screen protector?
That would be great, as I have made a small scratch right in the middle of the screen (after 1 hour of use) which ist still visible after I have attached a third party screen protector.

Dec 11, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #739 of 2,501
The Soc, Exynos has limited resource and some APP need large RAM and will suck in M9. that is only reason .

Hi JamesFii0
There is a little program called "HiFy for Airplay and DLNA" (UPnP) on the Google play store. It is probably not processor intensive. It works parallel with Spotify to find Airplay and UPnP devices within Spotify. It finds my "Arcam Airdac" box and my "Jam Symphony" speaker and my "EZcast" box and enables me to listen to Spotify through my HiFi. Could you check it out and see if it is suitable to be white listed for the M9 processor. It works well on mobile phones. If it is loaded solely on a mobile it enables the M9 to be a remote for the Mobile Phone's Spotify.
Regards
Steve

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #740 of 2,501
There is really a removeable screen protector?
That would be great, as I have made a small scratch right in the middle of the screen (after 1 hour of use) which ist still visible after I have attached a third party screen protector.

I can confirm mine doesnt have one attached theres visible lint and a small dent i made on it already. Im going to be reaching out to that email to get one.

Dec 11, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #741 of 2,501
Dec 11, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #742 of 2,501
As for me I think what is the deciding factors on this is the ergonomics, the WiFi for easy updates, the improved speed and the (from what I've heard) better sound quality over the M7.
As I've already said my taste in music is very niche, so streaming doesn't matter (unless @FiiO adds Bandcamp to the Whitelist, which would very much be appreciated.)

Dec 11, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #743 of 2,501
As for me I think what is the deciding factors on this is the ergonomics, the WiFi for easy updates, the improved speed and the (from what I've heard) better sound quality over the M7.
As I've already said my taste in music is very niche, so streaming doesn't matter (unless @FiiO adds Bandcamp to the Whitelist, which would very much be appreciated.)
That already exists ince a recent upgrade was made.
I event mentioned it a few pages back.

It works flawlessly fro lm my experience so far i really like it.

Mydeciding factor was the fact that they were considering other apps to be whitelsited as well as the good sound quality people have been raving about.

Dec 12, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #744 of 2,501
GmzSy2V
GmzSy2V

Its real difficult for me to tell if one has been applied. I got the silver one directly through the amazon link that was provided a few pages ago.

When i touch the screen it feels as though there is no protector on it but im not sure. I know youve done away woth the thin layered ones but if this is glasstampored then it must be the thick layered ones similarly applied on phones.

Its hard to get pictures of this but if someone would provide me with one of theirs for comparison itd greatly appreciate it.
20181212_102951.jpg

This is mine, if u look at the edge, there's a layer there as the screen protector

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #745 of 2,501
Last night I had a drive where I wanted to hear a new podcast but my iPhones lightning to 3.5 mm jack converter cable was not working.(To plug into the car's Aux input)

So I made a wifi hot spot to the M9 and booted up Spotify on the M9.

Bingo! Worked perfectly. - latest podcasts - to cars 3,5mm aux input

Also Spotify on my phone detected it was connected to the M9 via wifi and I was able to use it as the "control device" (while stopped at red lights)

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #747 of 2,501
I own some high end daps but want something for work. Am considering the m9, dx120, x5iii or n5iis. Opinions?

Dec 12, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #748 of 2,501
I own some high end daps but want something for work. Am considering the m9, dx120, x5iii or n5iis. Opinions?

M9, DX120 and N5ii are easier to recommend at this point in time, I think

What features are you looking for, what kind of sound, and what do you want the DAP to do?

Your profile shows that a lot of the stuff you do is similar to me, including liking Sig DJ from Ultrasone :)

Dec 12, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #749 of 2,501

What features are you looking for, what kind of sound, and what do you want the DAP to do?

Your profile shows that a lot of the stuff you do is similar to me, including liking Sig DJ from Ultrasone :)
Hi
Thanks. Streaming is not important at all. I listen to all sorts of mysic, metal, hip-hop, classical, jazz, classic rock, indie etc. It will be mainly for iems at work. I like a warm sound but with plenty of detail and good bass. Not big loose bass but nice tight bass.

Dec 12, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #750 of 2,501

Which is your favourite sound wise out of those daps. I'll also chuck iin lotoo paw 5000mk2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back