FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Aug 18, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #47 of 2,501
Honestly, I will have to disagree with all the comments about streaming in this thread. The reason is that the M line was built to go back to the original music player that made fiio famous in the beginning. Hence, they are "going back to basics" like with the X3. The idea is to get a good quality sound that is much better than your cell phone or whatever "headphone" jack that you are plugging it to that is cheap Chinese crap and sounds like Chinese crap, not to mention crap headphones. So, the idea was way back when to buy a dedicated device that it's only purpose was to put music in those headphones that didn't crap out when someone turned up the bass and you could have a completely dedicated board and enclosure and everything that is completely devoid of all those pesky interference issues but then the touch screen shot starting becoming unbiquitous and we were like oh yeah we can have album art and easy to use interfaces oh yeah and just add some bluetooth why not wifi just put android on it hell. Don't you see why big corporations ruin technology with adding every feature under the sun that you don't need. This thing will practically become a cell phone just call it the M9-dial-your-mommy phone. Good thing at least fiio's version of the OS is very minimal and music focused and you don't have all this crazy stuff on there like in the M7 that I really like. I wouldn't mind even not having android but I guess now everyone would be like what everything has android ok fine but I like these stripped down versions because it is pretty efficient especially with these new Samsung chips, so I think that's fine and you know bluetooth and wifi does add some amount of interference I don't care what they say you know it has to at some level when the receiver is that close to all your electronics inside that exclusure, believe me there is an effect on the signals inside the device. And I mean music you can download offline and play them from your collection of course completely legally and law fully, but I don't see a reason to subscribe your device to a wireless service that is also BTW bad for your health because of electromagetic radiation but I don't think you understand how that works. Just go with the flow. We are living in a dreamworld and you're getting sleepier and sleepier. Just row row row your boat, gently down the stream. Merily, merily we go, gently down the stream.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #48 of 2,501
Honestly, I will have to disagree with all the comments about streaming in this thread. The reason is that the M line was built to go back to the original music player that made fiio famous in the beginning. Hence, they are "going back to basics" like with the X3. The idea is to get a good quality sound that is much better than your cell phone or whatever "headphone" jack that you are plugging it to that is cheap Chinese crap and sounds like Chinese crap, not to mention crap headphones. So, the idea was way back when to buy a dedicated device that it's only purpose was to put music in those headphones that didn't crap out when someone turned up the bass and you could have a completely dedicated board and enclosure and everything that is completely devoid of all those pesky interference issues but then the touch screen shot starting becoming unbiquitous and we were like oh yeah we can have album art and easy to use interfaces oh yeah and just add some bluetooth why not wifi just put android on it hell. Don't you see why big corporations ruin technology with adding every feature under the sun that you don't need. This thing will practically become a cell phone just call it the M9-dial-your-mommy phone. Good thing at least fiio's version of the OS is very minimal and music focused and you don't have all this crazy stuff on there like in the M7 that I really like. I wouldn't mind even not having android but I guess now everyone would be like what everything has android ok fine but I like these stripped down versions because it is pretty efficient especially with these new Samsung chips, so I think that's fine and you know bluetooth and wifi does add some amount of interference I don't care what they say you know it has to at some level when the receiver is that close to all your electronics inside that exclusure, believe me there is an effect on the signals inside the device. And I mean music you can download offline and play them from your collection of course completely legally and law fully, but I don't see a reason to subscribe your device to a wireless service that is also BTW bad for your health because of electromagetic radiation but I don't think you understand how that works. Just go with the flow. We are living in a dreamworld and you're getting sleepier and sleepier. Just row row row your boat, gently down the stream. Merily, merily we go, gently down the stream.

Sorry, I disagree with you on the necessity of streaming. Not because of streaming services like Tidal or Spotify but because I have a little over 3.5 TB of lossless music files and trying to manage a library of this size on micro sd cards is simply a time consuming, mind draining, pain in the as*! I simply want to put it all on a NAS drive on my own network and be able to listen to what I want, when I want rather than having to first figure out which card something is on, find the card, insert the card and then put away the card that was already in the DAP so that I can locate it the next time that I want it all before I can even begin to listen to it.

I've even gone to the trouble and expense of configuring a DLNA server that efficiently supports a library of this size; but, the reality is that I only found out AFTER I purchased my X5iii that Fiio's DLNA implementation doesn't work. Like most bugs in the past two or three years, Fiio is quick to acknowledge it but either slow to fix it or they just simply don't fix it at all. The X3iii that this is replacing was the worst device they ever introduced based on the number of bugs that it was released with and instead of focusing on fixing them they're now just going to abandon the device.

So, without the ability to stream my own music to my own devices (and at this point based on their history, I wouldn't believe Fiio if they told me that the M9 will support DLNA streaming), I'm afraid that this DAP will be equally as subpar as the X5iii. Perhaps the one difference is that at least this time they are being up front about what it isn't going to do rather than promising that it will do something only to find out after you buy it that it actually doesn't do it (but it will "in a future FW release" that month after month, year after year, never actually materializes).

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #49 of 2,501
Te

Tell please, among these services should be Tidal and Spotify?

We have got the permission from Tidal but we got none reply from Spotify, it is quite strange cause the 3rd party pay money for smartphone company so their app can be pre-installed .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 20, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #51 of 2,501
Here is the UI about some steam music people can choose.

10157577_thumb.png

Attachments

• TIM图片20180820162037.png
    TIM图片20180820162037.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 20, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #52 of 2,501
Aug 20, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #54 of 2,501
Anyway, please tell us what is the main steam music app in your country so we can talk with them to get the licence .
apple music, google play music, tidal works

Aug 20, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #55 of 2,501
Anyway, please tell us what is the main steam music app in your country so we can talk with them to get the licence .

In France, QOBUZ is a good choice ... recently released in the US as well.

Aug 20, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #57 of 2,501
In France, QOBUZ is a good choice ... recently released in the US as well.

Qobuz is coming to the US in October, with a release likely coinciding with RMAF. It's a guess, but they're a sponsor if I recall correctly.

I use Tidal, but I'll try Qobuz when it's available.

Aug 21, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #59 of 2,501
We got an email from Spotify today, they refused us to pre install their app in our M9, very sorry for that.

Perhaps also try QOBUZ ... they have their app installed on quite a few full-size devices .. maybe they will also consider portable devices, especially Fiio !

Aug 21, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #60 of 2,501
We got an email from Spotify today, they refused us to pre install their app in our M9, very sorry for that.
I wonder who drafts those emails?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back