FiiO M6 || Single ES 9018Q2C || LDAC, SBC || TIDAL, Qobuz, Deezer || Balanced
Dec 16, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #17 of 31
This looks to be astonishingly superb value for a true pocket size HiRes DAP. No reviews so far, but surely soon to come.
Does anyone know of the recommended micro SD cards for FiiO players? I use SanDisk on my Onkyo DP-X1A, but it could be that FiiO have their own preferences.

Dec 16, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #19 of 31
Does anyone know of the recommended micro SD cards for FiiO players? I use SanDisk on my Onkyo DP-X1A, but it could be that FiiO have their own preferences.
The important point is to buy from a reputable dealer or direct from Amazon. Avoid marketplace sellers and bedroom cowboys. There are too many fakes out there. If it looks too good to be true, it will be in the case of SD cards.

Dec 16, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #20 of 31
Dec 16, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #21 of 31
hey guys, i just ordered it from Fiio aliexpress last night. there were only 60 of them availabe. and im wondering, if the OS from new Fiio ( M6, M7, M9 ) would read the albumart from the idtag or from the folder?

Dec 16, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #22 of 31
Very cool!
Any ideas on transport digital output yet? (Coax, usb, toslink etc.)

Dec 16, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #23 of 31
Very cool!
Any ideas on transport digital output yet? (Coax, usb, toslink etc.)

it has USB output, Line out, Phone out. But no digital out via coax or toslink. i think M9 does that. Phone out on M9 are also for Line out an Coax

Jan 29, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #26 of 31
A Big Update for the M6/M7/M9 Firmware

As one of the first players with full Bluetooth codec support, the M6/M7/M9 can play almost all audio formats and transmit audio via Bluetooth in high quality. In this update, we added the LDAC receiver function to make their Bluetooth even more powerful. In addition, we also update the app white list with more apps.

See below for the details:
1. Added LDAC receiver function (when the Bluetooth decoding amp mode is enabled, the player will switch to the LDAC automatically if the connected Bluetooth transmission device supports LDAC);
2. Added gapless playback for DSD tracks;
3. Added support for DSD CUE splitting;
4. Added support for splitting multiple tracks in a single CUE sheet;
5. Added support for APK file transfer using 'WiFi Music Transfer' function (you may transfer APK files to the player from your computer or phone);
6. Improved the display of default album covers(If you're currently using the 'Deep black' theme for FiiO Music, it's suggested to switch the theme to 'Simplicity white' after the update then back to 'Deep black' to get the best display effect) ;
7.Improved the FiiO Link function (now the connection will always remain active after enabled);
8. Fixed issue where the display location of the list could not be remembered after deleting a track from it;
9. Fixed issue where tracks in the Recently Added list were not sorted by the adding time;
10. Added new apps to the white list of M6/M9: Amazon Music、Radio World、SoundCloud、TuneIn Radio;
11. Updated Tidal to version 2.11.1.883.1 (with MQA support).
12. Added FiiO Link function to M7.

Update your player right now to enjoy the new features~

Firmware download:

Please visit the M6 Firmware download page and download the firmware FW1.0.1

For more details , you can view here

USB DAC Driver(v4.47.0): Click here

Instruction of installing USB DAC driver on Windows computer: Click here

Introduction of New FiiO Music APP in M6/M7/M9: Click here

1074729.jpg

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #27 of 31
Could we please not reanimate this thread because it wil get confusing.
It would be good to close this one or to merge it with the other thread.
Thx

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #29 of 31
Jan 30, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #30 of 31
I saw in another place DLNA support. Can this be confirmed? Will it be built into the M6, or will the M6 require a companion Application on your phone? To me that is a show stopper. One other negative: Only supports 2.4GHZ WiFi. No 5Gig Wifi listed as supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back