[FiiO M5] Compact and Versatile Hi-Res Music Player
Jan 10, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #647 of 773
Dear user,

1. You could check the user manual from: http://fiio-file.fiio.net/M5/M5 Comlete User Manual-EN.pdf
2. The RAM is littmited so when handling more datas it may take much more time.
3. If you need an extra case for M5, you could send email to support@fiio.com about that.

Best regards

Thank you for your response. Suggestion to consider updating the word "Complete" in the filename and to post that file somewhere on your main website. I looked all over for it and was unable to easily locate it.

How does one carve out audiobook tracks so you don't play those by accident when you are trying to play "all" media? Is there a way to have a folder not be included in that?

The Shanling M0 takes a bit of time to index as well but nowhere near as long. Not sure why it uses RAM to do so exactly? Is there any way with a future firmware update to vastly improve how long it takes to do that or let you do it on a computer?

Is there any way to actually use the microphone by say triple clicking the power button or pressing some other combination of buttons? Instead you have to go through a complex menu.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #651 of 773
Hello everyone,

I've just received the SK-M5 A. It is good quality and seems pretty solid.
Some disapointment :
- no hole for the jack 3.5,So the M5 will be only useable in bluetooth or with an external dac on USB.
- Hard to remove for changing sd card or use jack cause you need a cross-head screw (which is included in the box of the SK-M5 A)

I've just received mine too, I thought would be easy to take it out from "watch Strap" for every time But I was wrong, definitely not easy! (For take it out must remove 2 screws and are still secure by plastic ech other) I'm afraid of brake it ,so I decided to open a Hole for 3,5 jack, working pretty well , I'm happy now :)

I using it as watch with Bluetooth earphones when I Workout/Running.

When im home I use some monitor earphones (because sound is much better and cleaner)

9cb95cb6dd804d967db653c9b7851ada.jpg

48cf0eb1d4b499abaffc85153691d306.jpg

d1343b1332e07dcd9dd19a41692d1725.jpg

a9197ec1b935e2935456284e575fb66a.jpg

Jan 24, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #652 of 773
Got the M5 today and am disappointed. I thought this could connect AAC to AAC Bluetooth headphones but when connected it shows an “s” at the top of the screen which is SBC. This sucks.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #653 of 773
I do like the ergonomics and responsiveness of it. I returned my M0. I liked the visual look of the volume knob, but in practice with my hands and the number of volume steps I felt like I was winding a watch. The volume rocker is much easier for me. The software itself is much more responsive on this than the M0 I had. I was have all kinds of screen tap failures (I think it was defective). The sound on this wired to my headphones is enjoyable to me. It is non offensive and somewhat relaxed which is what I was looking for at this price and size. Just struggling with my above post....

Jan 25, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #654 of 773
I've just received mine too, I thought would be easy to take it out from "watch Strap" for every time But I was wrong, definitely not easy! (For take it out must remove 2 screws and are still secure by plastic ech other) I'm afraid of brake it ,so I decided to open a Hole for 3,5 jack, working pretty well , I'm happy now :)

I using it as watch with Bluetooth earphones when I Workout/Running.

When im home I use some monitor earphones (because sound is much better and cleaner)

9cb95cb6dd804d967db653c9b7851ada.jpg

48cf0eb1d4b499abaffc85153691d306.jpg

d1343b1332e07dcd9dd19a41692d1725.jpg

a9197ec1b935e2935456284e575fb66a.jpg
Great DIY fix! Should be included in the strap I believe.

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #658 of 773
I know. It was an oversight on my part. I hope they add it since they have it on the receiving end the capability is likely there. Its most likely main competitor the M0 can do it.

Are you sure about that M0 support AAC in transmitter mode ?

I have same problem..
I found this info from "fiio.me" Forum (Reply from fiio) they no add because of ram limitation.

Because of the RAM limitation, we could not add AAC in trnsmitter mode.

0594c49c0e302e27f6dd178fc8c0c96f.jpg

I wishing they find the way to add AAC as transmitter mode (I thought was support it, that's why I bought it)

I wanted small device for running, the reason to not have my huge phone with me.
(Use it combinate wirh my Garmin watch on other hand)

I have many BTearphones and TWS that supporting only "AAC/SBC"
I notice the difference between SBC and AAC,
The sound is weak, less clearity, and even for some songs sound worse.

I listening to music during I running for "about 2 hours" the connection SBC because of no AAC support.

Probably I'll search for buy new small device Or new earphones for Running, since I have many earphones that support AAC.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #659 of 773
@FiiO Been so long since I first saw the M5 and asked about it here than I'm still unsure about the output jack capabilities:
Can I connect it to my classic home receiver with a standard miniplug to RCA adapter? At a time they told me no; then I saw that it *does* have a line out feature..
Do I need an ADAPTER? or not? Thanks :)

Jan 28, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #660 of 773
You can use normal 3.5mm to rca cable. I have used it and works well
On other notes, my m5 keeps stop playing and not recognising middle of playing music. I have to reinsert the sd card.
I hope that upgrading firmware will fix this. Does it happens to anyone?
Surely hope that this dows not happens regularly when I use my 200 gb card next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back