[FiiO M5] Compact and Versatile Hi-Res Music Player
Jul 19, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #196 of 773
Thanks a lot for the review! When you say no BT transport.. you mean BT receiver or transmitter? Thanks!
My goal is to stream tidal from my phone via BT to M5, m5 connected by otg to chord hugo 2, use hugo as dac/amp for iem plugged into hugo. This is needed, as the BTconnection for hugo 2 is terrible and far behind the quality of an ifi xdsd when connecting via BT

The M0 allows this but not with aptx. I'm hoping M5 adds this feature.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #197 of 773
My goal is to stream tidal from my phone via BT to M5, m5 connected by otg to chord hugo 2, use hugo as dac/amp for iem plugged into hugo. This is needed, as the BTconnection for hugo 2 is terrible and far behind the quality of an ifi xdsd when connecting via BT

The M0 allows this but not with aptx. I'm hoping M5 adds this feature.

Hey Riverred.
I’m assuming streaming from your iPhone to this via Bluetooth works fine. Also guessing it’s AAC?

Jul 20, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #202 of 773
BUYER BEWARE: I ordered the M5 from BrightAudio Store yesterday. Once I placed the order I sent messages to the store to ask if I could pay for expedited shipping, and would I receive the watchband that FIIO said could be included.

The Aliexpress system indicates they read my messages, but they did not answer the messages, and shipped the order non express. I will not deal with this seller BrightAudio again on AliExpress....

Jul 20, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #203 of 773
BUYER BEWARE: I ordered the M5 from BrightAudio Store yesterday. Once I placed the order I sent messages to the store to ask if I could pay for expedited shipping, and would I receive the watchband that FIIO said could be included.

The Aliexpress system indicates they read my messages, but they did not answer the messages, and shipped the order non express. I will not deal with this seller BrightAudio again on AliExpress....

Uff. Hope it works out fine. Aliexpress is a bit like Seinfeld's Soup Nazi, you gotta stand in line, get what they offer and keep walking :D but well I never missed a package, down to Argentina some have taken months! Oh the devotional faith of the buyer..

Jul 20, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #205 of 773
Uff. Hope it works out fine. Aliexpress is a bit like Seinfeld's Soup Nazi, you gotta stand in line, get what they offer and keep walking :D but well I never missed a package, down to Argentina some have taken months! Oh the devotional faith of the buyer..

LOL ... yeah, we will see what happens with this order. AliExpress guarantees I can return the M5 if I want.... Of course, I guess return shipping will be at my expense... "NO M5 FOR YOU! COME BACK, ONE YEAR!"

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #208 of 773
LOL ... yeah, we will see what happens with this order. AliExpress guarantees I can return the M5 if I want.... Of course, I guess return shipping will be at my expense... "NO M5 FOR YOU! COME BACK, ONE YEAR!"
They can simply say they didn't get the parcel. In that case how will you get your money back if you had not paid with PayPal. With PayPal you always get money back.

Jul 20, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #209 of 773

Thanks for the heads-up

Jul 21, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #210 of 773

Did the seller have an option for expedited shipping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back