[FiiO M5] Compact and Versatile Hi-Res Music Player
May 28, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #77 of 773
Dear friend,

The FM function and 4.4mm output are not supported by the M5.

Best regards

the 4.4 mm output is not needed for such a small portable player.
Is the FM radio function expensive to implement? Most DAPs don't have it (the M7 does, but...).

Please try to give more attention to your European site. You are already doing more in that regard than most Chinese brands, but we are always behind the US. They always receive your products first and cheaper... (you have just increased the price of the m6)

Best regards and thank you for the kind attention given to this forum.

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #81 of 773
No Fiio link hurts. Given such a small touchscreen, the option of a bigger external screen/controls would've made it far more usable and versatile. I've had the M0 for a while now and the companion app couldn't come soon enough. I was about to sell the M0 for this but if this will never have a companion app... I will seriously have to reconsider. The inclusion of a mic is VERY nice (the exact reason I was about to sell the M0 for this) and the clip looks far superior to M0. Usability is really important in such a portable device so something that's seemingly trivial like a sprung clip scores very highly in my books.

But...

Jun 1, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #82 of 773
Hello, I see that this DAP made several thought that it would be a very good purchase but I see that they are saying that Fiio cut enough and did "the same as always with a new hat". It has no logic that does not have a microphone if the M3K includes it and is smaller. I was thinking that this is my first DAP for my F9 PRO but I still can not find it, some recommendation below 150?

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #83 of 773
Hello, I see that this DAP made several thought that it would be a very good purchase but I see that they are saying that Fiio cut enough and did "the same as always with a new hat". It has no logic that does not have a microphone if the M3K includes it and is smaller. I was thinking that this is my first DAP for my F9 PRO but I still can not find it, some recommendation below 150?

The M5 does have a microphone and recording functionality...

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #84 of 773
The M5 does have a microphone and recording functionality...
My bad, I put the words wrong in the translator. I wanted to say that it does not have much logic that it has a microphone and is smaller than the m3k but there is not much difference, it only has a touch screen for what I am seeing and it has bluetooth. I think that in order to really be worth it, Fiio would have to adapt the Software to work as a Smartband that only notifies you of notifications or if it already includes it better. But I'm not completely convinced by this DAP. I do not see it anywhere to buy.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #85 of 773
But I'm not completely convinced by this DAP. I do not see it anywhere to buy.

I belive its not released yet.

My understanding is that the m5 is a btr3 with a DAP function added. You're coming at it backwards. Think of it more as a 'bt receiver on steroids' rather than a 'DAP with mic'?

Jun 3, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #86 of 773

My understanding is that the m5 is a btr3 with a DAP function added. You're coming at it backwards. Think of it more as a 'bt receiver on steroids' rather than a 'DAP with mic'?

It has a higher quality DAC as well that should expand the soundstage, something that the BTR3 had very little of, but yes, it really should be looked at as a fancy portable BT receiver. I really don't have much use for a DAP, but this appeals to me more than the BTR3 for the times I don't want to have my phone on me. I'm planning to use it for running and gym use.

Jun 3, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #87 of 773

I agree, a btr3 with a screen. But being realistic for this price is there something better? Or for 50 dollars more can I get something much better?

Jun 3, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #88 of 773
It's less than $100 from what i gather. What kind of 'better' are u expecting for that kind of price?

Of course U can always 'get better' for 'more money'.

Given how many DAPs are out now days, I'd just list up the functions u want and set a budget. If you really need to squeeze out the most bang for your buck, the brand new releases are probably not the way to go. Too much of a gamble. These things are usually only a 'full product' after more than year of firmware updates to add promised features. Besides, firmware updates might get sidelined or abandoned prematurely for an even newer model. Go for a 'tried and tested' DAP with a mature firmware.

I personally like taking the gamble on the 'latest and greatest' and finding it out for myself. Small form factor is my thing right now.

Jun 3, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #89 of 773
It's less than $100 from what i gather. What kind of 'better' are u expecting for that kind of price?

Of course U can always 'get better' for 'more money'.

Given how many DAPs are out now days, I'd just list up the functions u want and set a budget. If you really need to squeeze out the most bang for your buck, the brand new releases are probably not the way to go. Too much of a gamble. These things are usually only a 'full product' after more than year of firmware updates to add promised features. Besides, firmware updates might get sidelined or abandoned prematurely for an even newer model. Go for a 'tried and tested' DAP with a mature firmware.

I personally like taking the gamble on the 'latest and greatest' and finding it out for myself. Small form factor is my thing right now.
Hi, if of course it's what you get for $ 100, you can not expect the best for that price. I want to have my first DAP for my fiio f9 pro, I am mainly looking for a very good battery life over 12 hours, with a capacity of 500gb maximum, the best possible sound, good software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back