FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Apr 16, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #1,517 of 2,001
The question was M3 as a replacement for a zune. My comparison was My M3 replacing my old (non HD) Cowon...The M3 was a good step up in my case.
I have never owned a Zune so mentioned that I believed the M3 would be a good step up from that too.

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #1,518 of 2,001
Have just ordered a black M3 and a pair of the new Shozy Zero iems to go with. Can't wait, Im hoping that this pairing will be pretty unbeatable at sub $100.

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #1,519 of 2,001
  Have just ordered a black M3 and a pair of the new Shozy Zero iems to go with. Can't wait, Im hoping that this pairing will be pretty unbeatable at sub $100.

I think you will be very pleased with the M3, I've been in mine for the last 2 hours and detail retrieval is amazing to me for a <$75 rig! Running it into ED9's with brass filter
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 19, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #1,520 of 2,001

Yeah I psyched, it is amazing to me that something so small and light and with such great sound and battery life can be produced for $49. This is just perfect for me, the fact that I can pop it in my shirt pocket or wear it on a lanyard and still have 64GB+ of flacs to listen to. This just blows me away. 
etysmile.gif

Apr 19, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #1,522 of 2,001
I've been using M3 for more than a month and mainly listen to 16/24bit FLAC files at 44.1/48k. Performance is quite good and can drive full size headphones easily. But, please be careful when choosing MicroSD card ... Fiio support has told me that they have tested with Sandisk & Kingston brands up to Class 10 - I'm encountering frequent interruptions/buffering issue while using Strontium Nitro Class 10 (85MB/s). I think M3 plays well with Class 10 MSD cards upto 48MB/s speed as the problem went away once I switched to Sandisk MSD 64GB Class 10 rated at 48MB/s!

I think you will be very pleased with the M3, I've been in mine for the last 2 hours and detail retrieval is amazing to me for a <$75 rig! Running it into ED9's with brass filter:wink_face:

:beerchug:  

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #1,524 of 2,001
Hey guys. The equalizer actually works well or muddies/affects sound quality?
Other than actually lessen the overal volume by few dbs... It's working fine.

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #1,526 of 2,001

Hey Flac4, I've not encountered any problems thus far with my 32GB 80MB/s Sandisk or my Samsung's. Now I don't use anything over a 32GB, sure it's not the size/capacity that may be causing the problem? Something to check into as I'm just guessing maybe!

Onix, SP is right other than a small volume drop the EQ on the M3 is pretty sweet and the custom you can tweak it pretty good
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #1,529 of 2,001
  Just bought this and replaced my RB'd sansa clip plus. 

I feel sad cause the files on internal and external are treated separately. And i cant even make playlists. :frowning2:

Any solution to this?

Agree... when will the update for this come Fiio, you won't give us m3u playlist, at least please make the M3 able to create playlist! I still have few albums having playback problem too, It's sad when I choose "Shuffle All" and some song just come out as Buzzing...

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #1,530 of 2,001
  Agree... when will the update for this come Fiio, you won't give us m3u playlist, at least please make the M3 able to create playlist! I still have few albums having playback problem too, It's sad when I choose "Shuffle All" and some song just come out as Buzzing...

I hope it eventually becomes available :frowning2: 

Im so sad to be honest. Or if thats not possible, at least make internal and external memory into one,
How do you guys deal with that separation?

What do you mean buzzing? Like it doesnt play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back