FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Dec 2, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #722 of 2,001
<recent posts>

OK - I think you've made your point.  Fiio monitors the threads - so they will have taken it on board.  Now can we please return to discussion of the M3 and the features it does have?  If it doesn't have the features you need - then I'd suggest looking at other players that do.

Also - one other suggestion - why don't you actually apply the gain to the actual files - then you don't have to worry about the player you use?  Simple fix?

Dec 2, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #723 of 2,001
  hello people,
sorry foe the off topic, but i installed foobars and make the steps for the replaygain and now my sd card is dead !!! impossible to open or format it !!!

Yep - you are OT. How about opening a new thread asking for help, and going into a bit more detail about exactly what you've done.  I'm sure you'll get answers 
smile.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #724 of 2,001
Hi to all,
I'm so new in this world so, first of all, thanks to all the people who write in this forums making the people like me understand a lot of things.
So, I'll explain my case, my last experiences with DAP is from a long time ago with a ipod video 5.5G and a classic 80gb the two fell off and break so actually I have an ipod nano from three generations ago and I'm thinking in buying a DAP because I don't like to listen to music in my smartphone, and the nano have a limited 8gb size. I'll read entirelly the posts of the threads of the xduoo x2 and then this little dap appears, the m3.
Long time ago when I have the ipod 5.5 g I noticed than the audio is best that the classic 80 gb, so I'm searching for a little dap without compromising sound power and without spend much money.
My question is: Do you think the sq in m3 is better than in the x2? I see that the x2 have a dedicated amp so the output power is better than the m3 but it's something that i'm going to notice? I don't need much more than good sound quality and actually I don't like how my smartphone or my ipod sounds.
Thanks in advance.

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #725 of 2,001

OK - I think you've made your point.  Fiio monitors the threads - so they will have taken it on board.  Now can we please return to discussion of the M3 and the features it does have?  If it doesn't have the features you need - then I'd suggest looking at other players that do.

Also - one other suggestion - why don't you actually apply the gain to the actual files - then you don't have to worry about the player you use?  Simple fix?

Gee, I'm sorry for injecting some reality and criticism into your utopia here. 

Also, this is a discussion about the M3 as a device/player. This means features it possesses and features it lacks.

And I have tried looking for players that have the features I need but none do. So I figured I would ask/suggest when and if they will be implemented in FiiO products because so far this is the brand/manufacturer I have my eyes set on.

The point of this isn't for FiiO representatives to notice. The have been noticing it for months, as it has been requested for a while (I'm talking in general, not just for the M3). The point is for them to realise that there are some features that are pretty important to their target customers that their players are lacking. You know, constructive criticism! Even if it is presented a bit more aggressively than you would like.

If FiiO themselves don't want to bother with such features, then maybe they can release some technical data or other useful information to the Rockbox developers so that the port is made more quickly and efficiently. This has already been suggested on the FiiO board recently. And I am sure a lot of people would love to see Rockboxed X1/3/5 players.

And no, I don't want to apply the gain to the actual files. I want reversible changes and flexibility. Again, why should I settle for less, when I know I can get more. Why should the user adapt to technology? It should the other way round. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #726 of 2,001

Now can we please return to discussion of the M3 and the features it does have?

Ordered mine from Tinbel yesterday.  Will have either by the end of the week or early next week.  Thinking this should be my perfect gym companion.  Just need to wait for the arm band to be released.

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #730 of 2,001
Mine was despatched from Amazon yesterday sadly it hasn't arrived today so it will come after I have left for work tomorrow, bloody post where I live is crap. And I don't start until 1pm so I'm not expecting a mega-early delivery, just "some time in the morning" would be nice.

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #731 of 2,001
  Gee, I'm sorry for injecting some reality and criticism into your utopia here. 

Also, this is a discussion about the M3 as a device/player. This means features it possesses and features it lacks.

And I have tried looking for players that have the features I need but none do. So I figured I would ask/suggest when and if they will be implemented in FiiO products because so far this is the brand/manufacturer I have my eyes set on.

The point of this isn't for FiiO representatives to notice. The have been noticing it for months, as it has been requested for a while (I'm talking in general, not just for the M3). The point is for them to realise that there are some features that are pretty important to their target customers that their players are lacking. You know, constructive criticism! Even if it is presented a bit more aggressively than you would like.

If FiiO themselves don't want to bother with such features, then maybe they can release some technical data or other useful information to the Rockbox developers so that the port is made more quickly and efficiently. This has already been suggested on the FiiO board recently. And I am sure a lot of people would love to see Rockboxed X1/3/5 players.

And no, I don't want to apply the gain to the actual files. I want reversible changes and flexibility. Again, why should I settle for less, when I know I can get more. Why should the user adapt to technology? It should the other way round. 

You pretty much said it yourself you want it all for $55 when you can't even get it all for $3500
blink.gif
Sounds more like harping as opposed to criticism, classic case of the Billy Idol syndrome "give me More More More", I guess with 19 post everyplace must look like utopia
wink_face.gif
I'm still thinking you could start a follow on complaints thread, what it does not have for $55
rolleyes.gif
AliveAndWell
biggrin.gif
Wishing you many successes in all your endeavors
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #732 of 2,001

You pretty much said it yourself you want it all for $55 when you can't even get it all for $3500
blink.gif
Sounds more like harping as opposed to criticism, classic case of the Billy Idol syndrome "give me More More More", I guess with 19 post everyplace must look like utopia
wink_face.gif
I'm still thinking you could start a follow on complaints thread, what it does not have for $55
rolleyes.gif
AliveAndWell
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

For some reason i'm reminded of batteries...lol

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #733 of 2,001

blink.gif
wink_face.gif
rolleyes.gif
AliveAndWell
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

First of all, thank you for making assumptions and judgments based on my post count. Are you implying that the validity of a post or argument is based on the activity of a user? Or are you implying that am a newbie to to this forum or forums as whole, even though I could very well be active elsewhere and even have over 20 000 posts on a different forum (which I do)?

And no, I never said I want it all. If I recall correctly I said I wanted gapless playback and ReplayGain. Is this really what classifies as "all"? If it is, then I guess I could live without gapless playback, just so that I can appease you and be compromising. Or is asking for ReplayGain also considered "all"? Also, what is this $3500 figure you are referring to?

I did say I generally like feature-rich software but I never said that every player has to have every feature. What I meant was more akin to "the more, the better". I was also pointing out that players targeted at audio enthusiasts lack some feature that audio enthusiasts use on a daily basis.

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #734 of 2,001
  First of all, thank you for making assumptions and judgments based on my post count. Are you implying that the validity of a post or argument is based on the activity of a user? Or are you implying that am a newbie to to this forum or forums as whole, even though I could very well be active elsewhere and even have over 20 000 posts on a different forum (which I do)?

And no, I never said I want it all. If I recall correctly I said I wanted gapless playback and ReplayGain. Is this really what classifies as "all"? If it is, then I guess I could live without gapless playback. Or is asking for ReplayGain also considered "all"? Also, what is this $3500 figure you are referring to?

I did say I generally like feature-rich software but I never said that every player has to have every feature. What I meant was more akin to "the more, the better". I was also pointing out that players targeted at audio enthusiasts lack some feature that audio enthusiasts use on a daily basis.

Actually you came into the thread earlier saying you were somewhat pissed and as far as I can tell that was your attitude and what has driven your ranting about what this little $55 every guys DAP does not offer. Criticism is fine as long as it's not driven by angst, I'm not assuming anything about you but just observing how I've read your post. You think using lines like our little utopia are positive to getting your answer? Just saying one should read back what they've written before letting it fly and realize you may be trying to agitate vs. criticize and bring good JuJu to what you want
wink_face.gif
You said you can't even get all these bells and whistles on TOTL DAP's and that is where the $3500 came from. The more the better but for $55 I would never expect the world nor the more the better
wink.gif
I'm just thinking for someone looking to FiiO as someone they are interested in buying from your response is not of a nurturing nature but you be you and I'll be me and if we don't agree it's all good
bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #735 of 2,001
  For some reason i'm reminded of batteries...lol

Oh you missed the most recent one on those over in the Lab 4Rob
wink_face.gif

The slim or not so amp
eek.gif
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back