FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Nov 21, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #601 of 2,001
Brooko, what about hiss?

None of my IEMs have displayed any signs of hiss yet.  The output impedance is only 0.4 ohms - so that will be helping.  It will depend on IEM sensitivity though.

Also - as I state in my reviews - I'm 48, and  have low level permanent tinnitus, so if there is hiss, it may be below my audibility level.

So far I haven't noticed any though - even with the very sensitive 8 ohm DN-2000J.

Nov 21, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #603 of 2,001
Check with Twister6 - he may have both.

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #605 of 2,001

24/96 WAV is too large and does not allow for tagging. So that's out. Why have to keep two copies if you already have a 24/96 FLAC?

I can only tell you how I do it, and suggest it as an option.  This goes back to our discussion re the high-res in the other thread.

Buy the master that gives you the best SQ.  Then use a program like dbpoweramp to dither and resample to redbook.  You'll retain the quality of the master, and have a much more manageable format for your portables. dbpoweramp can run multi-threaded, so on my quad-core transcoding an album takes about 20 seconds.  Tags are preserved.

Use the rebook version for your portables, and save the high-res for your home system.  Best of both worlds, and no audible drop in SQ.

If you decide to go through with it, and need a walk-through on the set-up, let me know (via PM) and I'll see if I can help with a step-by-step how-to.

In answer to your original question - I archive all my high-res, but every time I buy the right album, I immediately transcode it to redbook (or aac256 depending on the player), and use those copies for actual listening.

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #608 of 2,001
  Any news on the release date of M3 in US !! we are nearing Nov end :frowning2:

FiiO stated that its shipments out to stores/retailers was to have begun the end of this past week, and that Amazon.com would have stock by the end of this month.

o2smile.gif
If everything is going smoothly,M3 it will be available on US  Amazon in the end of this month.

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #610 of 2,001
Fiio advertise use with up to 64Gb, but it read my 128 Gb Sansa with no issues.

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #612 of 2,001
My advice - don't take it as guaranteed - but I do agree, it does look positive.  If it works with one - then hopefully ....... 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back