[FiiO M17] Dual ES9038PRO, dual THXAAA-788+, dual power supplies, 9200mAh battery, 2 volume control modes
Jun 12, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #4,111 of 5,692
Anyone got a solution to use the m17 with iphone over usb dac mode?
Not sure why you want want to do that, but if you disable charging on M17, it should work. You may want to do that using iPad as well.

Jun 13, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #4,113 of 5,692
Not sure why you want want to do that, but if you disable charging on M17, it should work. You may want to do that using iPad as well.
I want this because when streaming on the dap it has not strong wifi connection, so tried to use my iphone’s hotspot but can’t use that with the dap so that is why I want to use it over usb using my iphone with 4g.

Jun 13, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #4,114 of 5,692
I want this because when streaming on the dap it has not strong wifi connection, so tried to use my iphone’s hotspot but can’t use that with the dap so that is why I want to use it over usb using my iphone with 4g.
when comparing my fiio m15 with m17, the wifi of the m17 improved very much. the wifi stability of my samsung s22 ultra and m17 is acutally the same.

Jun 13, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #4,117 of 5,692
Jun 13, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #4,118 of 5,692
uapp. i am not sure if qobuz native app can by pass. although the color match should be an indicator. i prefer tidal native app over uapp tidal - they do bit perfect.
The light indicator changes for both to Green when playing 24bit 96k+ on native Qobuz/Tidal.

But on tidal native apps don't see any bit infos only green & purple indicator for high res/MQA crap.

To my ear I dont hear any significant difference at low volume, I'll do a true listening test when my energy is full.

But the native app is easy to use.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #4,119 of 5,692
Wow, today I connected my Fiio M17 to DC mode and large headphone mode for the first time and I don't believe how listening has improved compared to the M11 Plus SS.
I'm listening to my Focal Elegia, so I want to ask, do you think the upgrade to Stellia is worthwhile?
I will not use the amplifier.
Thanks for the comments.

Jun 13, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #4,120 of 5,692
Yes when I am close to the router it works perfect, but I’m not always close to it.
Which band are you using 5 or 2.4 ghz? There is no reason to use 5 unless you are downloading a large amount of files at once. 2.4 ghz has much better range and should give at least 100 mbps consistently. That's how I use my M17 and have no problems with wifi.

Jun 13, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #4,121 of 5,692
I don't understand why this bypass issue so often comes up. Again:

- All the recent DAPs implement the possibility of bypassing non-MQA audio (I don't know and don't care about MQA). You can find posts from me proving that on several DAP threads with Linux kernel logs and even several years back. I even supported Qobuz debugging and trying their implementation in different DAPs exactly for that.

- Some stupid apps might do the resampling to 48 kHz themselves assuming there is resampling, but this is very very exceptional. Amazon had such an issue but I didn't hear any other.

- All applications that don't go through resampling will sound exactly the same. There's absolutely zero possiblity of applications sounding different if there's no DSP is being applied. That means Qobuz app and UAPP will have the same audio stream being supplied to the DACs and same analog audio coming out.

- MQA is a completely different subject.

Jun 13, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #4,122 of 5,692
For me still not working... Even with this configuration. It does for a few minutes then it starts to glitch... :frowning2:

128 is fine

I would love to see a list of the configuration... I may have something that stops this from working properly...
In Audio Hardware, increase both the software and hardware latencies. Here are the Neutron settings that work fine for me with DSD256
Audio Hardware:
- H/W latency 512
- S/W latency 41
- DSD (PCM to DSD on, Native DSD on, volume control off, Multi-threaded processing on, DSD 256 on)
- Every other controls in Audio hardware deactivated

User Interface
Wake lock on to keep the screen on during playback to prevent the CPU from putting things to sleep, and all others left to default

Playback
64-bit processing off

Deactivate all other settings you don't need

Jun 13, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #4,124 of 5,692
Anyone recommend a high end set of IEMs that pair well with m17?

Curious to hear others recommendations.
Sony IER-Z1R and M17 are an amazing match. Muscular, detailed and fast low end and in fact everything else is top knotch. My other IEM, 7Hz Timeless, is also great. Plenty of options out there as the M17 is so powerful and versatile that it manages to get the last drop of detail and performance out of anything you plug in.

Jun 13, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #4,125 of 5,692
Sony IER-Z1R and M17 are an amazing match. Muscular, detailed and fast low end and in fact everything else is top knotch. My other IEM, 7Hz Timeless, is also great. Plenty of options out there as the M17 is so powerful and versatile that it manages to get the last drop of detail and performance out of anything you plug in.
I ask because if the energy up from midrange to low treble on the m17. Some pairings I have had lean on the bright side. I was thinking something with a warmer signature might pair extremely well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back