FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Nov 25, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #3,331 of 4,083
The cascade had a slight revision this year, I think it was just an update to the headband, but I’m still happy with mine after using them for a few years.
The isolation is okay but not as good as noise canceling headphones. There is no sound leakage, I use them on the bus everyday during my commute.
I mainly use the stick pads I’m not sure if there is any difference with the XL pads. The cloth pads have poor isolation but are a nice change at home sometimes

That's good to hear, I would be using them on the train so wonder if they would be good for the commute and in terms of isolation.

Also, I cant seem to find a newer version or differentiate between a older / newer one.

Do you know if they changed the number/version on these?

Also, are these balanced?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #3,332 of 4,083
That's good to hear, I would be using them on the train so wonder if they would be good for the commute and in terms of isolation.

Also, I cant seem to find a newer version or differentiate between a older / newer one.

Do you know if they changed the number/version on these?

Also, are these balanced?
The new ones have a black campfire audio symbol while the old have a silver/white symbol. It is on the ear-cups if you don’t see it than it is a new pair. The photo with the player is a old pair.
They are balanced but the stock cable is single ended, it sounds very good with the M15 single ended, I sold my balanced cable. I normally listen at 30-40 with the M15 while on the bus.
But Black Friday sales with campfireaudio gives you a bonus cable so you could go balanced.

Attachments

• AC743EBF-26AD-446A-82B3-AACCB3B138B3.jpeg
    AC743EBF-26AD-446A-82B3-AACCB3B138B3.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1C32FF13-0356-4FB5-AE7C-AF2879478CE6.jpeg
    1C32FF13-0356-4FB5-AE7C-AF2879478CE6.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0
Nov 25, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #3,333 of 4,083
The new ones have a black campfire audio symbol while the old have a silver/white symbol. It is on the ear-cups if you don’t see it than it is a new pair. The photo with the player is a old pair.
They are balanced but the stock cable is single ended, it sounds very good with the M15 single ended, I sold my balanced cable. I normally listen at 30-40 with the M15 while on the bus.
But Black Friday sales with campfireaudio gives you a bonus cable so you could go balanced.

Nice Ill keep an eye for the new ones.

Im in UK so looking to purchase from here or Amazon so the promotional bonus cable is not worth it as Ill have to add massive shipping costs and taxes plus the USD/GBP conversion.

I wish could here these before I purchased these as I've heard great things but just want to be sure.

But I think the decision is made and Ill be placing the order tonight.

There goes £800 :triportsad:

But hopefully it'll be worth it.

30-40 Volume seems low, I currently use my Momentums 2 around 50-60 and when on trains around 70.

I also use Poweramp and love it as its so good tweakable.

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #3,334 of 4,083
Nice Ill keep an eye for the new ones.

Im in UK so looking to purchase from here or Amazon so the promotional bonus cable is not worth it as Ill have to add massive shipping costs and taxes plus the USD/GBP conversion.

I wish could here these before I purchased these as I've heard great things but just want to be sure.

But I think the decision is made and Ill be placing the order tonight.

There goes £800 :triportsad:

But hopefully it'll be worth it.

30-40 Volume seems low, I currently use my Momentums 2 around 50-60 and when on trains around 70.

I also use Poweramp and love it as its so good tweakable.
I think must I listen at pretty low volumes, I’m getting on a bus shortly, I’ll double check the volume I’m using, but are busses are quieter than trains?

Edit* @Rik23p my phones db meter says the bus is about 85bd the volume on my M15 with the cascades is 30 it’s loud enough for me but I like to hear the next stop ping, 50 I can’t hear any sounds of the bus at all. 60 is to loud for me personally but it may be about the same as your momentum

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #3,335 of 4,083
I think must I listen at pretty low volumes, I’m getting on a bus shortly, I’ll double check the volume I’m using, but are busses are quieter than trains?

Nice, I'm on the train now and it's around 97db but I know the fast trains are louder so maybe it'll be the same as the campfires.

Currently listening to volume at 70.

Ps I like complete isolation and definitely don't want to hear the pings 😊.

Ill be ordering a set tonight, hopefully I'll find the newer version on amazon.

Can't wait to try these so called bass cannons 👀🙂

These look like the old version? I can't find the new ones in UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Campfire-A...de&qid=1606329625&sprefix=Campfire+cas&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #3,336 of 4,083
Nice, I'm on the train now and it's around 97db but I know the fast trains are louder so maybe it'll be the same as the campfires.

Currently listening to volume at 70.

Ps I like complete isolation and definitely don't want to hear the pings 😊.

Ill be ordering a set tonight, hopefully I'll find the newer version on amazon.

Can't wait to try these so called bass cannons 👀🙂

These look like the old version? I can't find the new ones in UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Campfire-A...de&qid=1606329625&sprefix=Campfire+cas&sr=8-1

The pics definitely make it look like the old version, I think the only difference is the headband but you could confirm in the campfire thread.
You can always return it with Amazon though I think. It would let you try it with the M15 and see if you like it!

Nov 25, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #3,337 of 4,083
Hello ! I am contemplating the purchase of the M15, which is on sale for a few days, but would like to use it as a do-it-all audio device, meaning using it as my DAP (no surprise here), main amp, and also Bluetooth receiver. I know these are features of the M15, but I did not find any information on the latency noticed in these modes, only that latency was improved compared to M11 pro, which is part of fiio's advertisement material, so it is hard to quantify how much better it really has gotten. I have been using my Rai Solo quite often with my btr5 these days and the confort of a low latency wireless connection while wearing a good pair of iem is simply super convenient, and so a latency that is not too noticeable is the deciding factor for that purchase. It would be great to get an answer, I hope someone looked into it :relaxed:

Nov 27, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #3,338 of 4,083
The pics definitely make it look like the old version, I think the only difference is the headband but you could confirm in the campfire thread.
You can always return it with Amazon though I think. It would let you try it with the M15 and see if you like it!

So today they came, and I'm happy to say they're the new ones :gs1000smile::gs1000smile::gs1000smile:

They feel so well built!

I've listened to them quickly, on my 3rd song while typing this and was wondering if the 150 hour Burn in period by Ken from Campfire really makes a difference on the bass.

Also, I noticed today the volume is plenty efficient 50-60.

I had a DVC active on poweramp which I've now turned on.

Any suggestions what player apps people are using that include crossfade, bass and good library/playlist management?

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #3,339 of 4,083
I'm considering getting a 4.4mm cable for my CA Andromedas. Can anyone comment on the noise/hiss level on the 4.4 output using sensitive IEMs? I can't find any opinions online and I don't want to blow money on a cable I won't use.

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #3,340 of 4,083
So today they came, and I'm happy to say they're the new ones :gs1000smile::gs1000smile::gs1000smile:

They feel so well built!

I've listened to them quickly, on my 3rd song while typing this and was wondering if the 150 hour Burn in period by Ken from Campfire really makes a difference on the bass.

Also, I noticed today the volume is plenty efficient 50-60.

I had a DVC active on poweramp which I've now turned on.

Any suggestions what player apps people are using that include crossfade, bass and good library/playlist management?
I think the only players I’ve used besides the stock player are Neutron and UAPP you could check those out.

Nov 30, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #3,344 of 4,083
Dec 3, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #3,345 of 4,083
Help!

I'm using DB PowerAmp CD ripper, but can't work out to rip a MQA CD?
Can someone assist me with a 'MQA CD ripping for Dummies' hand hold?

I can get the software to do 16 bit but not sure how to get the 24 bit rip...

Thanks in advance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back