FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jun 26, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #2,717 of 4,083
Hey fiio.... how do I see which FW I am running?

also

i download the zip file straight to the m15 then run the manual upgrade process by selecting this zip file... the device reboots and seems to process....

is this the correct protocol for flashing? It processes the .zip?

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #2,718 of 4,083
DD Hifi C-M15 Case for Fiio M15 Review

I ordered that ring ALL the way back in April, received it 3 days ago.
Placed it and it did NOTHING for my M15, was just loose.
Couldn't turn my volume knob, wouldn't even stay on the knob properly even, I would flip it upside down and would fall off and I ordered it directly from @ddHiFi on AliExpress too.

Was SO disappointing AND now I have to dispute it. I even tried to talk to them first about it before disputing, no response-no read for 3 days, so I opened a dispute.

Edit: 2nd quote

So far so good with this case, ordered a small golden protector for the volume dial.
Fun addition: receiving a small package that only reads:
KNOB PROTECTOR

😂

Hmm after reading this maybe I got a defective one :/
Still disappointing how they haven't' responded back to me at all and I messaged them on the 23rd.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #2,719 of 4,083
Couldn't turn my volume knob, wouldn't even stay on the knob properly even, I would flip it upside down and would fall off and I ordered it directly from @ddHiFi on AliExpress too.

Was SO disappointing AND now I have to dispute it. I even tried to talk to them first about it before disputing, no response-no read for 3 days, so I opened a dispute.

Still disappointing how they haven't' responded back to me at all and I messaged them on the 23rd.
sorry to hear that. I am not connected to dd hifi at all. I think you might have got defective one as mine fits exactly and then turns. Hope you get that sorted out.

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #2,720 of 4,083

sorry to hear that. I am not connected to dd hifi at all. I think you might have got defective one as mine fits exactly and then turns. Hope you get that sorted out.
There should be a couple of strips of "sticky tape" stuck to the inside of the gold ring giving it more thickness to make a tight fit against the M15 volume knob.

You could add thickness with your own application of sticky tape to give it enough grab to turn the knob.

Over time everyone might need to do this as the tape compresses and the grip on the knob loosens.

How do I know this? The ring was slipping on the knob - due to pressure from the FiiO leather case - not designed to allow for the extra girth of the knob + ring - it looked to me like the tape was what was causing the grip to slide, so I removed that sticky tape - and found that when I tried to put the ring back on the knob it now turned freely and had no grip on the knob.

Right now I'm running without the gold ring, and with the M15 in the FiiO leather case with the cutout for the knob being so close to the knob, I think running without the ring is better. I couldn't really see the gold ring with that leather flap over the volume control anyway.

The M15 volume knob is now easy to turn for volume changes and easy to find the grip on the knob because of the leather flap from the case guiding my fingers to the knob - even in the dark.

The blue light is also more visible now without the gold ring blocking it along with the thick leather case.

For me running the M15 naked without the FiiO M15 case I really enjoyed the added girth of the gold ring on the M15 volume knob, but with the M15 in the FiiO leather case I've found it better to run without the gold ring.

I bought the gold ring along with my M15 bundle from Hifigo:
https://hifigo.com/products/dd-knob...m15-music-player-stainless-steel-gold-plating

M15 bundle from Hifigo - Order with FiiO M15, we will send these gifts together: FiiO LA-UA1 USB Power Purifier ($26.99) + Screen Protector ($10.99) + FiiO LT-TC1 (USB-C to USB-C DAP to phone cable) (17.99) for free.
https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-m15-flagship-dap-android-base-loseless-portable-music-player

Hifigo is also including the gold ring with the "Light Brown Genuine leather case option 002":
https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-m15-leather-case-for-m15-music-player

Note that I've heard mentioned here that some non-FiiO cases don't connect well to the FiiO DK1 connector, ask Hifigo about this non-FiiO case's compatibility before getting it - if you want to use the DK1 stand.
https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-dk1-type-c-multifunction-dock-for-fiio-devices-x7-mark-ll-x5-il

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #2,721 of 4,083
First time I see this animation...
20200626_133307.jpg

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #2,724 of 4,083
Yes, the last one that was sent.
I'm downloading 0623 now, updating apps first - Tidal app has an update :)

Update: The Tidal update release notes only say, "General Bug fixes and app improvements". So far no release notes for the FiiO M15 0623 firmware update. @FiiO ?

I'm seeing 96k displayed for 192khz tracks in Tidal App and 384k displayed in UAPP. The track says Direct: 48khz MQA file: 192khz 24bit 1593Kbps

UAPP Tidal Streaming MQA Master
UAPP Tidal Streaming MQA Master.png
Tidal Updated Streaming MQA Master
Tidal Updated Streaming MQA Master.png

Noticed that this MQA Master track lists Direct: 384k, not just in the Android status bar, we always get that (@FiiO why?), but also within the track info data line it lists "Direct: 384khz":
Direct 384k MQA Master.png
https://tidal.com/track/68699852

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #2,727 of 4,083
yeah I know, just wanted to share my experience with it.

There should be a couple of strips of "sticky tape" stuck to the inside of the gold ring giving it more thickness to make a tight fit against theM15 volume knob.

You could add thickness with your own application of sticky tape to give it enough grab to turn the knob.

Over time everyone might need to do this as the tape compresses and the grip on the knob loosens.

How do I know this? The ring was slipping on the knob - due to pressure from the FiiO leather case - not designed with the extra girth of the knob + ring - it looked to me like the tape was what was causing the grip to slide, so I removed that sticky tape - and found that when I tried to put the ring back on the knob it now turned freely and had no grip on the knob.

Right now I'm running without the gold ring, and with the M15 in the FiiO leather case with the cutout for the knob being so close to the knob, I think running without the ring is better. I couldn't really see the gold ring with that leather flap over the volume control anyway.

The M15 volume knob is now easy to turn for volume changes and easy to find the grip on the knob because of the leather flap from the case guiding my fingers to the knob - even in the dark.

The blue light is also more visible now without the gold ring blocking it along with the thick leather case.

For me running the M15 naked without the FiiO M15 case I really enjoyed the added girth of the gold ring on the M15 volume knob, but with the M15 in the FiiO leather case I've found it better to run without the gold ring.

I bought the gold ring along with my M15 bundle from Hifigo:
https://hifigo.com/products/dd-knob...m15-music-player-stainless-steel-gold-plating

M15 bundle from Hifigo - Order with FiiO M15, we will send these gifts together: FiiO LA-UA1 USB Power Purifier ($26.99) + Screen Protector ($10.99) + FiiO LT-TC1 (USB-C to USB-C DAP to phone cable) (17.99) for free.
https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-m15-flagship-dap-android-base-loseless-portable-music-player

Hifigo is also including the gold ring with the "Light Brown Genuine leather case option 002":
https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-m15-leather-case-for-m15-music-player

Note that I've heard mentioned here that some non-FiiO cases don't connect well to the DK1 connector, not sure about that case... ask Hifigo.
https://hifigo.com/products/fiio-dk1-type-c-multifunction-dock-for-fiio-devices-x7-mark-ll-x5-il
I see, I mean I think I came to the same conclusion as well. Seems like a useless thing to have if we have the FiiO case.

First time I see this animation...
20200626_133307.jpg

I saw this couple nights ago and I lost my marbles. Looked so cool

Jun 26, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #2,730 of 4,083

I also had the knob problem, just put tape inside and that does the job. So hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back