FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 29, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #736 of 4,083
It seems the stand-by time given by fiio is pretty realistic. With wifi off I lose about 1% battery charge every 9-9.5 hours with wifi left on I lose 2% in the same time. This is consistent in my 6 days of use.
I always reduce the volume to 0 when I leave the M15 so that may play a role

Jan 29, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #738 of 4,083
Surprise of the evening. Found it locally in Berlin. So far... At last the Qobuz application runs as good as on a mobile phone.

Very quickly tested with Oppo PM-1. Great detail. I find it definitely more detailed than Cube. Need to give it more time but it is a keeper for me.

I also got the Shure SA900 portable amp (with 0.35 ohms output impedance) second hand, and can use it if I feel the sound is off for sensitive IEMs.
It sort of seems so far that the m15 really works well with overear headphones. Both my cascades and dianas are better from m15 than mojo. More detail and better slam

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #740 of 4,083
It seems the stand-by time given by fiio is pretty realistic. With wifi off I lose about 1% battery charge every 9-9.5 hours with wifi left on I lose 2% in the same time. This is consistent in my 6 days of use.
I always reduce the volume to 0 when I leave the M15 so that may play a role

What's the approximate run-time using flac files if you care to share?

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #741 of 4,083
because this guy is Fiio connected and always had positive reviews about their products, even for x5iii crap. He was one of the guys who introduced Fiio products to Romanian potential customers. He;s enthusiastic about M15 and if he's going to sell it, i might try it but without play store, i don't know...
X5III was no where near crap. It was the DAP that set examples for many companies to make DAPs more affordable.

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #744 of 4,083
Nah...Ibasso has been doing pretty good with DAP that punches ways beyond their price for a while now. Of course as a subjective hobby, your preferences will matter.
If the dx220 had a better battery or processor I'd agree with. Lovely looking and sounds fantastic. Poor battery life unless recent firmware has helped with it

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #747 of 4,083
someone checked some iems with the m15? bal out

Now listening to Allan Holdsworth live album, 'Then'. SE output, over-ear mode and low gain and it has no problem punching the bass pretty clearly. If you don't have really very fancy cables, I frankly don't see any reason to use IEMs on the balanced output. I haven't tested the balanced output yet. I need to see if I can find the balanced cable for Stellia. Oh, and looks like I lost my 512GB SDCard - this is what happens if you give a break that long.

But I have a feeling that mids are bit forward. It gives a very good instrument separation feeling. Sorry, I cannot speak audiophile.

Two negative things:

- I think we need to make sure that FiiO makes a better volume display.
- After streaming HiRes over Qobuz, I switched to 44/16 and suddenly it wasn't able to play it but some noise. Then switching back to another format everything was fine.

Two software issues.

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #748 of 4,083
Now listening to Allan Holdsworth live album, 'Then'. SE output, over-ear mode and low gain and it has no problem punching the bass pretty clearly. If you don't have really very fancy cables, I frankly don't see any reason to use IEMs on the balanced output. I haven't tested the balanced output yet. I need to see if I can find the balanced cable for Stellia. Oh, and looks like I lost my 512GB SDCard - this is what happens if you give a break that long.

But I have a feeling that mids are bit forward. It gives a very good instrument separation feeling. Sorry, I cannot speak audiophile.

Two negative things:

- After streaming HiRes over Qobuz, I switched to 44/16 and suddenly it wasn't able to play it but some noise. Then switching back to another format everything was fine.

Two software issues.
If i remember right , SE output uses only 1 Dac..(correct me if this is wrong for the M15) if i buy a device with dual dac.. i want to use its full potential .. and 2nd .. all my upgrade cables are 4.4.. sure could use an adapter..

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #749 of 4,083

Two negative things:

Two software issues.
I don’t think there will be much hope of a different volume display since it’s analog... maybe I’m the only one who loves the dial... I find it very easy to use while in my pocket and takes no time to adjust when switching headphones

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #750 of 4,083
If i remember right , SE output uses only 1 Dac..(correct me if this is wrong for the M15) if i buy a device with dual dac.. i want to use its full potential .. and 2nd .. all my upgrade cables are 4.4.. sure could use an adapter..
There was a block diagram earlier in the tread, I thought it used both chips for SE one right channel and one left channel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back