FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #571 of 4,083
Thanks :beerchug: I'm planning to give the M15 a demo next month, using my Solaris and EE Phantoms.
Ok I can confirm that you do lose a bit of sparkle from the treble. For me I think I will be sticking to balanced. I enjoy big bass and sparkle. This may not be the most accurate but this is what gets my toes tapping.

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #573 of 4,083
so the screen proctector is for the back of the player? Has anyone tried to put it on the back?
I have already installed it. Pretty much a perfect fit. Just make sure to remove the plastic protector in the back before installing. Also be careful its super slippery on hard surfaces.

I forgot who but they reported the rear being easily scratched. I think that was just the plastic glass protector.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #574 of 4,083
so the screen proctector is for the back of the player? Has anyone tried to put it on the back?

FIIO themselves must have planned to ship glass for the front - it is on their M15 page (scroll down).

Cool case too :confused:

Screenshot 2020-01-24 at 11.44.56 AM.png

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #575 of 4,083
FIIO themselves must have planned to ship glass for the front - it is on their M15 page (scroll down).

Cool case too :confused:

I will say is that the glass protector they include with the M15 does cover the visible section of the front screen. IF! this is what they was implied use. Shame on you Fiio!

It needs to cover the whole glass front. I will be waiting on a aftermarket front glass protector as well as a case. The case looks like a cheap (leather looks like crap) copy of a Dignis case.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #576 of 4,083
Got my M15 today. So far so good :)

Anyone using it as a USB DAC? Seems like everything is output to 32bit. Can anyone else verify? Found some M11 posts that seem to indicate this is the behavior.

Does All to DSD work in all modes, like USB DAC mod?

Also is there any option to display the bitrate in the notification bar when in Android mode like with HiBy players? Could find it in settings anywhere.

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #582 of 4,083
so how is the sound quality of the player? Any improvement after burning in?

I'm now super happy with the sound quality as I get deeper into my music collection. The lesson I'm seeing is that this player sounds very, very different depending on which output you choose, filters, etc. The high output impedance presents some challenges in matching (or opportunities I guess, depending on your perspective) We all have different tastes, and different ears, but for my tastes and my ears this is a clear upgrade over the SP1000. I will still be trying it against the 2000 soon.

But at the price I believe this is a very good value and a very enjoyable listen.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #583 of 4,083
I'm now super happy with the sound quality as I get deeper into my music collection. The lesson I'm seeing is that this player sounds very, very different depending on which output you choose, filters, etc. The high output impedance presents some challenges in matching (or opportunities I guess, depending on your perspective) We all have different tastes, and different ears, but for my tastes and my ears this is a clear upgrade over the SP1000. I will still be trying it against the 2000 soon.

But at the price I believe this is a very good value and a very enjoyable listen.
Did you also turn on the All to DSD option?

Jan 24, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #585 of 4,083

“clear upgrade over the SP1000”? In what way? What are the differences?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back