FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 24, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #586 of 4,083
I'm now super happy with the sound quality as I get deeper into my music collection. The lesson I'm seeing is that this player sounds very, very different depending on which output you choose, filters, etc. The high output impedance presents some challenges in matching (or opportunities I guess, depending on your perspective) We all have different tastes, and different ears, but for my tastes and my ears this is a clear upgrade over the SP1000. I will still be trying it against the 2000 soon.

But at the price I believe this is a very good value and a very enjoyable listen.
upgrade .. in which ways ?

Jan 24, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #587 of 4,083
Am I the only one having issues with the popping/crackling sound when changing tracks? This is more noticeable when your in All to DSD mode.
With All to DSD on I can barley hear a couple clicks when I switch track through campfire cascades. But I don’t think I would have noticed it if you had not asked about it.
I can not hear it when All to DSD is off

Jan 24, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #588 of 4,083
I will say is that the glass protector they include with the M15 does cover the visible section of the front screen. IF! this is what they was implied use. Shame on you Fiio!

It needs to cover the whole glass front. I will be waiting on a aftermarket front glass protector as well as a case. The case looks like a cheap (leather looks like crap) copy of a Dignis case.
I really don’t think the screen protector is for the front... I added it just to see what it was like and it’s very clearly not covering all the visible screen. Strangely I am having no problem with navigating...
The case isn’t out until the 20th of Feb I am guessing there was a problem with the screen protectors... and hopefully will be available around the same time

Jan 24, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #590 of 4,083
Is there a setting to have the volume knob light increase with volume? I can’t find it but my was definitely a stated function... maybe just not enabled yet?

The blue light? I wish that was red. Better turned off altogether. Need to maintain my night vision to look around me. XD

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #595 of 4,083
What is the synergy with the campfire cascades please?
I didn’t get much time to test it out yet, but I am surprised, with the reports of the strong bass I thought cascade wouldn’t be good.
But I find the synergy really good, strong very well controlled bass that doesn’t muddy the rest of the frequencies. It’s better than my mojo with them.
Edit* this is with 3.5se, I don’t have a balanced cable with the cascade

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #596 of 4,083
I didn’t get much time to test it out yet, but I am surprised, with the reports of the strong bass I thought cascade wouldn’t be good.
But I find the synergy really good, strong very well controlled bass that doesn’t muddy the rest of the frequencies. It’s better than my mojo with them.
Edit* this is with 3.5se, I don’t have a balanced cable with the cascade

Remember one of our realizations is the output impedence could be adding bass + distortion and may or may not be the dap tonality . Cascade at 38 Ohms would be fine in terms of impedence matching.

Jan 24, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #597 of 4,083
Remember one of our realizations is the output impedence could be adding bass + distortion and may or may not be the dap tonality . Cascade at 38 Ohms would be fine in terms of impedence matching.
True, I have a pair of VE suns in balanced(300ohm). I think I’ll try tomorrow to see if the balanced just has more bass... I also have a balanced cable for Diana Phi’s arriving sometime soon.
Although I think I’m more curious to test the headphone mode.
Edit* Just did a quick look and I think the lowest impedance item I have is 32ohms

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #598 of 4,083
With All to DSD on I can barley hear a couple clicks when I switch track through campfire cascades. But I don’t think I would have noticed it if you had not asked about it.
I can not hear it when All to DSD is off
Of course not. The cascades isn't that sensitive. It may be sensitive in terms of headphones but not compared to IEM, especially something like the Solaris. I have the cascades as well but I purchased the M15 for use with IEM. Eventually I'll get to it.

Jan 25, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #599 of 4,083
How does this dap compare to the sp2000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back