FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Jan 23, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #558 of 4,083
Just want to report a bug that happened. When using the Hold switch, I all of a sudden had the Hold indicator get stuck constantly showing that its still on hold when i turn it off. All still function but the Hold indicator wouldn't go away. I had to reboot the unit for it to correct itself. This has only happened once and I couldn't replicate it again.

Jan 23, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #560 of 4,083
Mine should be arriving Monday, but I don’t think I have anything very sensitive, how loud is the pop/crackle?
Not too bad unless your in "All to DSD" It seems to be not just more audible but also seems the sounds extends longer when its set to All to DSD. I'm not too worry about this i don't use it. Also been using the Solaris on SE and the bass is much tighter and more accurate. All cables used are the Fiio Silver cable. (Fiio LC 3.5D, 2.5D, 4.4D)

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #564 of 4,083
Do you hear any hiss with the Solaris on the M15?
Still has hiss but this is the least I have ever heard beside the RME ADI-2 DAC. You really won't know it there unless your hunting for it.

Test method: press play then pause after 8 seconds I hear a slight pop (cut of power sound to the amp section) and then the true dead silence.

Tested both balanced and single.

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #565 of 4,083
Not too bad unless your in "All to DSD" It seems to be not just more audible but also seems the sounds extends longer when its set to All to DSD. I'm not too worry about this i don't use it. Also been using the Solaris on SE and the bass is much tighter and more accurate. All cables used are the Fiio Silver cable. (Fiio LC 3.5D, 2.5D, 4.4D)

So you get better sound out of 3.5mm than with 4.4mm on Solaris? Strange...

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #567 of 4,083
Am I the only one having issues with the popping/crackling sound when changing tracks? This is more noticeable when your in All to DSD mode.

I don't get a pop going from PCM to PCM track. I get pops going into any DSD track. It's become my audible confirmation of DSD :)

But it's a faint click/pop for me.

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #569 of 4,083
Nova430 what iem are you using for reference?

My listening has been 90% on the Solaris. Just to keep things consistent.

I've been 50% on the a12t and 50% driving a WA8 and MDR-Z1R until I feel like I know the player better. I'll branch out this weekend. So far I"m settled on 3.5 and slight-delay slow-roll in both cases. And I'm really enjoying both configurations more and more as I get deeper into my music.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #570 of 4,083
Still has hiss but this is the least I have ever heard beside the RME ADI-2 DAC. You really won't know it there unless your hunting for it.

Test method: press play then pause after 8 seconds I hear a slight pop (cut of power sound to the amp section) and then the true dead silence.

Tested both balanced and single.

Thanks :beerchug: I'm planning to give the M15 a demo next month, using my Solaris and EE Phantoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back