FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Oct 28, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #4,051 of 4,083
one of the things that irritate me the most about fiio is that they don't seem to further extend the possibilities of their current daps models before making another.

imo they are capitalizing on the Hobbie by know a "s" Just makes that much more of a difference in sound 🤔.
Yes they literally make their daps abandonware as soon as possible. If you compare it to certain other makers who make regular updates that even impact the capabilities of the player itself, it's appalling. They really have zero interest in supporting their devices long term, or their own customers for that matter.

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #4,052 of 4,083
Yes they literally make their daps abandonware as soon as possible. If you compare it to certain other makers who make regular updates that even impact the capabilities of the player itself, it's appalling. They really have zero interest in supporting their devices long term, or their own customers for that matter.
Which brands update their DAPs regularly?

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #4,053 of 4,083
yep, could not have said it better myself!

I don't think it's so much about firmware updates regularly, but more so that they don't update the dap firmware, they just completely update the dap itsself, which sucks when the buy in for the daps are 600-1500.00, imo it's too much money to pay for no firmware updates.

I mean I'm not saying it's possible but I'd love to see the m15 on android 13 or something.

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #4,054 of 4,083
yep, could not have said it better myself!

I don't think it's so much about firmware updates regularly, but more so that they don't update the dap firmware, they just completely update the dap itsself, which sucks when the buy in for the daps are 600-1500.00, imo it's too much money to pay for no firmware updates.

I mean I'm not saying it's possible but I'd love to see the m15 on android 13 or something.
Thanks.
Same here :wink:

Oct 28, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #4,055 of 4,083
HiBy. Their MSEB and R2R filters get updates and new plugins for tuning even on their lower priced R6Pro2. For full firmware updates, they get them slower but end up supporting the player long term. Something fiio literally just ignores.

Oct 30, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #4,057 of 4,083
HiBy. Their MSEB and R2R filters get updates and new plugins for tuning even on their lower priced R6Pro2. For full firmware updates, they get them slower but end up supporting the player long term. Something fiio literally just ignores.
I think too it has alot to do with consumers in this hobby accepting the fact that there aren't more updates to the firmware when their should be.

fiio makes great products theu just don't keep them up to the current Android firmware date. and imo then don't utilize Android firmware if you have no intention on keeping your products up to date!

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #4,058 of 4,083
Hi will I regret selling my M15 in order to be Able to buy Multiverse mentor? Will I miss it or the sound of Fiio is not so special nowadays when compared to Shanling M6 Ultra or Fiio M15s Keep it and wait longer for Mentor and plug it to M15 or it is not worth that? :)

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #4,059 of 4,083
Hi will I regret selling my M15 in order to be Able to buy Multiverse mentor? Will I miss it or the sound of Fiio is not so special nowadays when compared to Shanling M6 Ultra or Fiio M15s Keep it and wait longer for Mentor and plug it to M15 or it is not worth that? :)
sell it, buy the mentors, buy the R6P2 (can be found for like half the cost of the M15s) and you will have the AK4499 sound (ex version). Also, you will get something that has great plugin support, great screen (could double as a portable video player for travelling) and also they have a LOT of plugins to fiddle with the sound profile..

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #4,060 of 4,083
I don't think you will regret it... also because if you want to listen to a sound similar to the M15 today all you need is a Shanling UA3... while if you want to listen to something that will really make your new Multiverses shine you will just need to buy a Hiby FC6... and you can easily forget about the FiiO M15. :wink:

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:42 AM Post #4,061 of 4,083
Okay thank you for Your right Answers so I’m going to sell it today with no regrets and then buy Shanling M3 Ultra or Hby and I will get New software, New faster DAP and so on and won’t need to wait for Mentors so damn long… :)

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #4,062 of 4,083
Hi,

Did not knew about the Multiverse Mentors...

But if you ask me, putting 2.5k€ or USD in a pair of IEM's, that is something I'll NEVER do.
Imagine you loose one ?
Imagine one fells and someone steps on it...

I'd be mad...

Besides, whatever you do, I never got the same sound feeling with an IEM that I get with an OEHP.

You want to get rid of the M15. That is OK. It is a nice device but the BTR15 will probably give you same pleasure...
Get a pair of decently priced IEM's (I bet you won't hear the difference once EQ'd anyways...) and give the saved money to a charity.
Or pay a lifetime subscription to Qobuz or Roon...

At least you will have enough money to get content to listen to :wink:

Personal opinion of course.

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #4,063 of 4,083
Hi,

But if you ask me, putting 2.5k€ or USD in a pair of IEM's, that is something I'll NEVER do.
Imagine you loose one ?

I'd be mad...

Besides, whatever you do, I never got the same sound feeling with an IEM that I get with an OEHP.

You want to get rid of the M15. That is OK. It is a nice device but the BTR15 will probably give you same pleasure...
Get a pair of decently priced IEM's (I bet you won't hear the difference once EQ'd anyways...) and give the saved money to a charity.

I know Mentor made me sell My Mest 3 I will do some charity after I Buy Mentors :)) you got also a point Here :)

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #4,064 of 4,083
Hi,

Imagine you loose one ?

I'd be mad...

Wow i never read so many wrong things in a single post :D

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #4,065 of 4,083
Wow i never read so many wrong things in a single post :D
Hi,
How nice it must be to know the universal truth...
How nice it must be not to be clumsy and never let something fall to the floor.
How nice it must be to have golden ears to tell two pairs of IEM apart.
How nice it must be to have enough money to waste in a pair of IEM.

Please forgive me if my knowledge, skills and wealth are not to be compared to yours... And that, as such, I am reduced to express personal opinions 🥺

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back