FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Oct 27, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #3,767 of 4,083
And no one at FiiO cares to fix this issue? for such a wonderful player, connectivity is really poor....

Oct 28, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #3,768 of 4,083
Anyone else experiencing sudden drops in wifi connection when turning off the screen? I use syncthing to sync my music folder and it seems when i keep it alone with the screen off, it randomly drops the connection.
DHCP, Fixed IP, 2.4ghz and 5ghz connection, no matter what it happens randomly after some 10 minutes. If i reconnect to the wifi, everything works again.
It almost seems like there's some setting for power saving or something akin to that that messes up the connection.
Please try to go into wifi settings, select the setting icon from the top right, select advanced and set Keep Wifi on During Sleep to Always.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 28, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #3,769 of 4,083
Please try to go into wifi settings, select the setting icon from the top right, select advanced and set Keep Wifi on During Sleep to Always.
Best regards
It is already set to "always".

Oct 29, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #3,770 of 4,083

Best regards
Thank you for reminding me.
I changed that setting because I have a problem with the battery draining when not in use, it would loose 50% battery capacity overnight. The only thing that seem to help is put it to Android mode, Sleep mode, turn off WiFi and lock the screen. Once I forgot to lock the screen and the battery drained again.

But maybe it's all random? It doesn't happen all the time. It's like the music is playing even in sleep mode (sometimes, not always), I would put the headphones back on in the morning and the music would start by itself.

Oct 29, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #3,771 of 4,083
I always turn off the unit when not needed, but when i need to transfer lots of files a stable connection is needed and it's really random. Sometimes i can transfer 100gb with no issues, other times it's 5 minutes and the connection drops. I hope there can be a fix in a future firmware.

Oct 29, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #3,772 of 4,083
Anyway, it drops the connection, then you have to manually turn off and then turn back on the wifi...and it's totally random....it's so frustrating.

Oct 30, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #3,773 of 4,083
I have an M15 and use my AK T1p (Gen ).

First impressions
I think my Sony WM1A or WM1Z in combination with my MDR-Z1R headphones sound just warmer and "better". However, I have to test it for a longer time with 1:1 comparisons.

Source: Qobuz and Tidal via UAPP on my M15. And I copied the FLACs from my Sony to the M15 for a direct comparison (since both Sony have their own OS).

Questions
How do you use those 4 options below and wy?

1) PO - output selection
Info: In this menu, outputs of PO/LO/SPDIF can be switched

2) Over-ear headphone mode
Info: If you use high-impedance earphones (over-the ear), you can choose the Over-ear headphone mode in the drop-down list to acquire ultimate experience.
The default power mode of the M15 is for earphones. If you're using over-ear headphones with high impedance, you can turn on the Over-ear headphone mode to get higher output power, which can be up to 800mW for balanced output at 32Ω , and up to 275mW at 300Ω. This means that the M15 can drive most of the over-ear headphones in the market with ease. However, note that the high output power is not suitable for high-sensitivity headphones, so you should avoid using them in Over-ear headphone mode.

--> Are my AK T1p Gen 2 (32 Ohm) now high-sensitivity headphones?

3) Lowpass filter mode
Info: There are 6 kinds of lowpass filter modes in the M15 which are the internal configuration of AK4499. Any mode would be available for your preference.

4) ALL To DSD
Info: In ALL To DSD mode, PCM will be converted to DSD output with promoted sound quality.

Oct 30, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #3,774 of 4,083
1. PO is used to output to an amp.
2. OE is useful to increase the voltage. I tried it even on a couple of starfield, the result is you need to lower the volume. Good to drive power hungry phones. Side effect, it might increase noise. Btw, the number you might wan to look at it's the db rating not just impedence.
3. Those you need to experience yourself, the tangible effect on quality is really related to your tastes
4. It turns all to DSD so basically converts anything to dsd. It says it reduces noise and improves sound. Again, go test it and see yourself. I sometimes turn it on sometimes turn it off, not really settled on whether it's better.

Oct 30, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #3,775 of 4,083
Thank you for your answer.
2 - 4 seems ok.
1) is the other way around i think: PO direct via headphones from DAP... LO for line out, so output to an amp etc. See here.

Oct 30, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #3,776 of 4,083
Thank you for your answer.
2 - 4 seems ok.
1) is the other way around i think: PO direct via headphones from DAP... LO for line out, so output to an amp etc. See here.
Yah sorry mixed up the first one.
BTW Update on how to make the connection decently stable: i went to battery optimization and turned it off for every single app on the player. tried it today, i kept a stable connection. Will try moving big files and see how it handles.

Oct 30, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #3,777 of 4,083
I tried everything, if the M15 is allowed to turn the screen off, it's guardanteed that, if moving big files through the wifi, the wifi connection totally crashes and needs a reboot to start working again. You can't even reconnect to the wifi.
I suspect something is amiss with the firmware and thus there's errors in wifi handling.
Please, investigate and fix it. I disabled every single battery saving option and i'm forced to keep the screen on to make it not crash the wi-fi connection.
Update: Keeping the screen always on prevented connection from dropping. But if the connection is alive while screen off, it crashes the connection and forces me to reboot the unit to use wifi again.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #3,778 of 4,083
Hopeful update:
As i stated using syncthing to sync my device's music with my computer. I had a hunch so i tried disabling IPv6 on syncthing, making it so it listens only on IPv4. As of now, i've yet to drop the connection.
It COULD be that the firmware has issues handling IPv6 addresses.
Will let you know further if i can reach more than 1 hour of steady continuos connection (testing it continuosly by trasnfering 100gb). And to make it harder, it will always be screen off.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #3,779 of 4,083
Interesting, i will try it, too.

Oct 31, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #3,780 of 4,083
about 100gb transferred across multiple devices all transferring to the M15. All while screen off and withouth charger connected.
I had zero drops in connectivity.
I think there's a strong chance the issues this player has are related to apps invoking IPv6 addresses. This seem to cause the crashing of wifi and the need to reboot to connect again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back