FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Sep 22, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #3,107 of 4,083
No screen protector? No case?...is that even legal on a dap at this price?
There is one fitted on the back already when you peel off the shipping cover, the front however only has one in the box and isn't that great, I've ordered some from hifigo.
Case yeah .... It would have been nice to get the official leather one thrown in at this price ! The wooden box is nice although a bit big to carry around with you 🤣

Sep 22, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #3,108 of 4,083
Has one on the back pre fitted, hard to see unless you get a camera on it but it's there alright. Ordered the official leather case as a well for good measure.

LOL, you're right! I thought I had scratched up the back and now see there is a thin plastic protector on it. I peeled it off and now see a pristine back. Not sure if that's meant to stay on there since the "protector" is pretty soft. I use the leather case always, but could use a recommendation for a front tempered glass protector if anyone has discovered one.

Sep 23, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #3,109 of 4,083
Does the
LOL, you're right! I thought I had scratched up the back and now see there is a thin plastic protector on it. I peeled it off and now see a pristine back. Not sure if that's meant to stay on there since the "protector" is pretty soft. I use the leather case always, but could use a recommendation for a front tempered glass protector if anyone has discovered one.
Does the Fiio leather cover fit with the Glass protector applied on the rear glass?

Sep 23, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #3,110 of 4,083
What's up everyone,
I just purchased an Abyss Diana V2, and I'm realizing that my SR25 doesn't have enough juice to run this demanding headphone.
Will the M15 be able to do this? Does it have good bass slam?

I'm deciding between the M15 or the upcoming Astell & Kern Alpha.

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #3,111 of 4,083
What's up everyone,
I just purchased an Abyss Diana V2, and I'm realizing that my SR25 doesn't have enough juice to run this demanding headphone.

As far as having the power, unless someone has personal knowledge that it will not drive these headphones I would say it WILL drive them. The M15 has a low and high gain setting plus a setting for even more drive for larger headphones essentially giving you three gain settings.
Good bass slam is harder to quantify but there is good bass control.
I use it to drive my Mr. Speaker EtherC and have no problem getting too uncomfortable levels even on low gain, but use high gain for better sound at lower volumes, but EtherC are not that hard to drive and Abyss Diana are in a different class.

Sep 23, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #3,112 of 4,083
@FiiO I'd really love to use Roon on my M15 while I'm listening around the house but there's currently an issue with unnecessary downsampling. Please take a look at this thread on the Roon Labs Community forums, another FiiO+Roon user reported it on his M11 and I have the same behavior on my M15. Roon's QA team wasn't able to reproduce it on other Android devices and indicated that they would engage and work with FiiO. I'm hoping this is on your engineering team's radar?

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/fiio-m11-upsample-downsample-on-roon

Thanks!

Sep 23, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #3,113 of 4,083
What's up everyone,

It can power the V2, but it won't sound as good as a desktop amp with a bit more power.

Sep 23, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #3,114 of 4,083
Does the

Does the Fiio leather cover fit with the Glass protector applied on the rear glass?

It does with the default protector on. I'm not sure if that's a true protector or just packaging. Unfortunately, I tossed out the glass protector before getting the case. I think it will be pretty tight though.

Sep 23, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #3,115 of 4,083
Has one on the back pre fitted, hard to see unless you get a camera on it but it's there alright. Ordered the official leather case as a well for good measure.
Ya... Realizing that there was a fitted one on the back from the factory was such a pleasant surprise. I wondered why the back scratched so easily. I pulled off the factory installed one on the back (hard to take off!) And put the other screen protector that came in the box.

Sep 24, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #3,116 of 4,083
Hi guys.

I'm thinking of buying the M15 but I heard that there are some popping noise problem that happens while changing tracks with different bitrate which was an issue some time ago. May I ask that does the issue is fixed now? (After several firmware updates) I do really like the overall design and the high power output of the DAP itself but I definitely cannot torelate the popping noise issue so I'm really curious about this.

Thank you very much in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

Sep 24, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #3,117 of 4,083
Hi guys.

I'm thinking of buying the M15 but I heard that there are some popping noise problem that happens while changing tracks with different bitrate which was an issue some time ago. May I ask that does the issue is fixed now? (After several firmware updates) I do really like the overall design and the high power output of the DAP itself but I definitely cannot torelate the popping noise issue so I'm really curious about this.

I have not come across this issue of popping noise and I’ve used it for over 100hrs.

Sep 24, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #3,118 of 4,083
Hi guys.

I've skipped between 44 - 88 - 96 - 192 & single / double / quad DSD and heard nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back