FiiO M15 Audio Player | Dual AK4499EQ | 7490 mAh Battery | 64 GB ROM | $1299.99
Sep 12, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #3,091 of 4,083
So I've been using my bluetooth lately with my speakers and headset.
Today, randomly it is like 90% lowered volume.

Thinking it was my speakers, paired it with my iPhone and TV, works fine on normal volumes so it has to be the FiiO M15.
Anyone else have this issue? I'm on the latest firmware.
Are you using line out? Check to make sure that you don’t have “adjustable volume on LO” switched on

Sep 12, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #3,092 of 4,083
Are you using line out? Check to make sure that you don’t have “adjustable volume on LO” switched on

Does LO matter for Bluetooth transmission? I have it on PO though I just checked. I may just need to factory reset this, I hope the bluetooth module didn't bork out :/

edit:
I just force to "forget" the device pairings I had and re-added them and it fixed the volume issue. I am so confused how this even happened. I guess that's how we solve it.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #3,093 of 4,083
Does LO matter for Bluetooth transmission? I have it on PO though I just checked. I may just need to factory reset this, I hope the bluetooth module didn't bork out :/

edit:
I just force to "forget" the device pairings I had and re-added them and it fixed the volume issue. I am so confused how this even happened. I guess that's how we solve it.
I think I may have misunderstood, I was thinking you were using the m15 as a receiver... but glad you figured it out

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #3,094 of 4,083
Saw a lot of posts earlier about the click issue at the beginning of songs when the DAC changes samples rates, but saw no conclusions as to whether it was attributable to the native FIIO player or if other players avoid the clicks. What is the latest info on this issue? Seriously considering the M15 but am put off by this issue.

Sep 17, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #3,096 of 4,083
Does the M15 come with a screen protector fitted as well as the spare in the box ?

That is still a somewhat debatable question. You get what looks like a screen protector but it is clearly much smaller than the glass area of the screen, but almost perfectly matched to the back side of the M15. Most folks have attached it to the back since it is actually more prone to scratches.

Sep 18, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #3,097 of 4,083
That is still a somewhat debatable question. You get what looks like a screen protector but it is clearly much smaller than the glass area of the screen, but almost perfectly matched to the back side of the M15. Most folks have attached it to the back since it is actually more prone to scratches.
Thanks, yeah have noticed the extra ones you can buy ( tempered glass) state slightly smaller as the front is 2.5D curved edges, you can get the membrane ones that fit the edges but are a right pain to apply. They used to fit one as standard and a spare in the box up to the M11 Pro release. Looks like it's going the same way as the case or lack of nowadays, never anything special but a nice touch until your bought a better one.

Sep 18, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #3,098 of 4,083
Thanks, yeah have noticed the extra ones you can buy ( tempered glass) state slightly smaller as the front is 2.5D curved edges, you can get the membrane ones that fit the edges but are a right pain to apply. They used to fit one as standard and a spare in the box up to the M11 Pro release. Looks like it's going the same way as the case or lack of nowadays, never anything special but a nice touch until your bought a better one.

Highly recommended.. Clearplex now has various FiiO devices in their database.. Which allows for a perfect tailor made screenprotector... For users in the Netherlands, Mediamarkt has Clearplex screenprotectors for approx 19,99 euros .. I had one fitted on my M15 and it's a 100% perfect fit... Really immaculate ...

Note: Clearplex screenprotectors cannot be purchased online. Instead they are "printed" to fit and put on while you wait.. Google your own country market for dealers that offer Clearplex

Alternatively go to the manufacturers website at https://getprotectionpro.com/contact/ and ask which retailers in your country offer the Clearplex protectors ..

Sep 19, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #3,099 of 4,083
Nice surprise, arrived a day early.... Time to A-B test against my M11 Pro.
16005080337677867044812063593429.jpg

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #3,100 of 4,083
Hi all, has anyone tried the M15 with UM Mest? I've just bought the Mest and looking for a DAP as well, I'm currently looking at the M15 and Shanling M6 Pro. The MEST has an impedance of 14 and wondered if it would work okay?
@Dsnuts has both dap and also MEST 😜

Sep 21, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #3,101 of 4,083
Has one on the back pre fitted, hard to see unless you get a camera on it but it's there alright. Ordered the official leather case as a well for good measure.

Sep 21, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #3,103 of 4,083
I own also M6 pro since May and I like it.
I found your feedback like mine and I also curious to listen MEST!
Anyway a can’t listen it before buy... :frowning2:

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #3,104 of 4,083
I own also M6 pro since May and I like it.
I found your feedback like mine and I also curious to listen MEST!
Anyway a can’t listen it before buy... :frowning2:

I couldn't listen beforehand either and bought blind, all my purchases are. All I have to go by is reviews and impressions. So far, I have been pretty lucky barring a couple of miss-steps. Glad I went for the Mest though as it does everything right in my opinion. A lovely low end but not over done, it's just right with more quality (so not bass head), airy resolute mids and smooth top end, with no sibilance. It's got amazing separation and big sound stage too. Detailed but musical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back