[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jan 4, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #2,461 of 2,989
I believe that this may be because the ES9068A is native 32 bit DAC, so it operates in 32 bit mode for 24 bit audio. As for the bit rate restrictions, Roon did the same thing with A&K DAPs, presumably because of unreliability at the higher bandwidths, especially with wifi.
Makes sense for the DAC and likely your right about the reduced rates but would be nice to get confirmation from Fiio none the less.

Jan 4, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #2,462 of 2,989
Makes sense for the DAC and likely your right about the reduced rates but would be nice to get confirmation from Fiio none the less.
Agreed.

I'm just very, very glad that FiiO added the Roon Ready feature as I really don't want to buy another A&K DAP. My experience with the SP1000M has remained not so good overall. Now maybe the other DAP makers will follow suit (or Roon ARC will mature to bit-perfect status). It would be nice to retire the LMS/UPnP bridge also, which I use with other DAPs for Roon (mainly Hiby R5).

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #2,463 of 2,989
Maybe.
But, frankly, I'm tired of these excuses.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow ... but in the end - never.
And by the way, where do you see improvements in the software player?
As there was no normal sorting, so it does not exist.
The interface is not at all friendly.
You can list a lot, but it won't change anything.
I can certainly appreciate the issues you have with the player software. At the same time, one would probably investigate a little bit before making an expensive purchase like the Fiio M11 Plus. If you had, you would have known that the issues with the player software are not new and have been around for a while (just search the forums). While that in no way justifies the fact that they lack software developers who can resolve basic functionality issues (or product managers who fail to prioritize core functionality ahead of feature enhancement), it does make your commentary seem a little "over the top".

For me, I knew about the issues before I bought my M11+ but it wasn't an issue as 99.9% of my listening involves lossless streaming/download for playback via Qobuz, etc. I'm sure there are several good alternatives to the Fiio music player that you could use that might alleviate your frustration - just ask for some suggestions - the members on head-fi have always been helpful to me.

Jan 4, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #2,464 of 2,989
Agreed.

I'm just very, very glad that FiiO added the Roon Ready feature as I really don't want to buy another A&K DAP. My experience with the SP1000M has remained not so good overall. Now maybe the other DAP makers will follow suit (or Roon ARC will mature to bit-perfect status). It would be nice to retire the LMS/UPnP bridge also, which I use with other DAPs for Roon (mainly Hiby R5).
Indeed it’s the reason I just bought one. I tried A&K Kann Alpha and sent it back as it was dire with Roon. They just have archaic Wi-Fi chips and it just dropped off my network all the time and battery wasn’t great either. No other device I have had was that flakey on my network which is pretty damned solid.

I could never get my Hiby R5 to work with the lms UPnP bridge as it would always drop the UPnP connection especially if it was idle so gave up on it and just used the app even though it resampled.

This is really so I can have a full Roon zone anywhere and have the advantage of it being all in one. Just waiting for Bit perfect ARC which is coming for DAPs and I’ll be a happy camper if they can also make it more stable and use the sd card for downloads. It’s still feels like a beta app at moment. Roon Ready on the M11 is rock solid for me so far and very happy with it.

Jan 5, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #2,466 of 2,989
For me, I knew about the issues before I bought my M11+
Part 1.
The benevolent tone of your post forces me to admit that you are completely right in what you said.
My problem is that I have fallen into the trap of being enamored with the Chinese performance of musical technique.
What I mean?
I have a Topping D90SE and it totally fascinated me. As for its quality of performance, and the quality of sound and software. Unfortunately, Topping doesn't make mobile players. And I began to look, among Chinese companies, for a decent, but inexpensive version of the player. My choice was Fiio. And, I did not imagine that releasing such a good iron part, Fiio's software is so bad!
Part 2.
Despite the fact that my player has a third-party, officially purchased USB Audio Player PRO with full support, officially purchased, MQA and I like it 150%, nevertheless I need a native player from Fiio!
When I'm being driven to/from work, I use the FiiO M11 Plus + FiiO FH9 + USB Audio Player PRO bundle.
When I go to a fitness club, I use a bunch of FiiO M11 Plus + FiiO FW5 + native player.
Don't ask why! I feel so comfortable.
And now, after using the USB Audio Player PRO, the native Fiio player just pisses me off with its stupidity.
That's why I want it to be BETTER than USB Audio Player PRO.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #2,467 of 2,989
@FiiO - this update has made my M11+ ESS run hot and noticeably consume more battery even when using just Coax Out. I did not install any new apps so I couldn't blame anything rather than this update. Any way that I can rollback to 1.0.2?
Dear friend,

If you don't mind, you could try a factory restore first. If you would like to downgrade the firmware, you could download the FW1.0.2 firmware file(http://m11plus.fiio.net/1.0.1/M11Plus-ota-1.0.2.zip) and go to technical support-firmware update-local update for help.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 5, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #2,468 of 2,989
Dear friend,

If you don't mind, you could try a factory restore first. If you would like to downgrade the firmware, you could download the FW1.0.2 firmware file(http://m11plus.fiio.net/1.0.1/M11Plus-ota-1.0.2.zip) and go to technical support-firmware update-local update for help.

Best regards
Thank you so much for the very quick response and for providing the older FW. I am still observing the issue, right now it seems to behave normally. It's possible that it has got to do with the power bank I used last time to charge it rapidly. I will try the factory reset first if the issue reoccurs and rollback to 1.0.2 for the last resort. It's great to have options. Thanks again, FiiO!

Jan 5, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #2,469 of 2,989
What is Roon
Google is your friend. It’s music curation multiroom software eco system with its own transport protocol but supports others as well. It has full dsp engine for performing upscaling, peq, convolution and other functions. It combines both your own music and those from streaming under one unified library there where you can curate it to your own ends with its focus and bookmark system. It’s not for everyone but I would not do without these days. Helps me feed audio around the house and on the move via their ARC app

Jan 5, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #2,470 of 2,989
What is Roon
If listening to music is getting boring and you already have all Headphones and Amps but still want to nerd out about your audiophilism, you install roon

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #2,471 of 2,989
Noticing the Roon Lock Screen notification doesn’t update it sticks on the one you started playing. Controls work but the now playing does not update track being played and the duration is all wrong. @FiiO can we get your support to look at this please?

Also can’t register the Fiio app it crashes after putting in my code.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #2,472 of 2,989
Noticing the Roon Lock Screen notification doesn’t update it sticks on the one you started playing. Controls work but the now playing does not update track being played and the duration is all wrong. @FiiO can we get your support to look at this please?

Also can’t register the Fiio app it crashes after putting in my code.

Oddly, I'm not having any issue with the Lock Screen notification updating (and controlling) but my notification does not have a duration at all. I wonder what's different? I had previously registered in the FiiO app and I can log in with no issue (I just tried)...

Jan 6, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #2,473 of 2,989
Oddly, I'm not having any issue with the Lock Screen notification updating (and controlling) but my notification does not have a duration at all. I wonder what's different? I had previously registered in the FiiO app and I can log in with no issue (I just tried)...
It’s in the expanded view you get the durations not the standard one. Or if it missing there as well?

Jan 6, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #2,474 of 2,989
It’s in the expanded view you get the durations not the standard one. Or if it missing there as well?

Yes I have the duration in the expanded notifications view (swipe down) and it is working correctly and updating. I thought maybe you had found a Roon lock screen similar to the one in the FiiO app (album cover, etc.) somewhere in the settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back