[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Apr 1, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #1,846 of 2,984
6BA62840-53B3-4A3F-9B2C-51C6BF10E84E.jpegthis is my ‘interactive pop up’ that disables ability to read (your post!)

the only reason I did not +1 your excellent idea is cause I feel there is almost too many ‘interactive’ helpers in todays world.
eg I am glad the latest firmware removes an unecessary step when switching DSD conversion mode on…

I generally like the ability to ‘turn them off forever’ whenever I come across them; that being said, I’ve had plenty of time my headphones play ‘full ball’ when switching between output modes and ‘LO’ is in the rotation, or was last mode I was using before using the M11 elsewhere etc…
(again with the effect of ’speakers’ putting out full power output (into my ears).

the world gets ‘safer’ everyday, and many of those improvements lead to people tapping their foot in frustration.
things done when ‘frustrated’ is often when errors really start to occur!

(good idea though, as LO voltage can be ‘loud’!) kudos autoexec
Don't get me wrong I despise unnecessary and redundant prompts as well let alone not being able to turn them off when desired. But this is a different story. It can be a potential cause of (premature or instant) hardware damage or worse, hearing damage. 😬 🤞
P.S. Cute kitty! ☺️

Apr 1, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #1,849 of 2,984
Still working and checking the feasibility now. :construction_worker:

Best regards

+1 for system-wide EQ. Preferably with 10-band PEQ. I have always been disappointed that dedicated music players didn't have such a fundamental feature. AutoEQ integration/import would also be a plus, as that is a good place to start...

Apr 1, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #1,850 of 2,984
+1 for system-wide EQ. Preferably with 10-band PEQ. I have always been disappointed that dedicated music players didn't have such a fundamental feature. AutoEQ integration/import would also be a plus, as that is a good place to start...
Do the likes of PowerAmp EQ (the standalone app) and Wavelet not work? Wavelet is pretty good but PowerAMP EQ has PEQ, supports AutoEQ imports and allows for changes of the specific bands whereas wavelet is fixed to the preset values. I was hoping the M11 Plus would support these as it's Android 10 based

Apr 1, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #1,851 of 2,984
Do the likes of PowerAmp EQ (the standalone app) and Wavelet not work? Wavelet is pretty good but PowerAMP EQ has PEQ, supports AutoEQ imports and allows for changes of the specific bands whereas wavelet is fixed to the preset values. I was hoping the M11 Plus would support these as it's Android 10 based

Actually yes, Poweramp EQ and Wavelet do work, thanks to Android 10. I'm not quite sure how these are implemented with respect to bit-perfect, MQA and high-resolution. That's why I would prefer something at the system level, rather than an app. If you know more about this, I'm interested in learning.

Apr 1, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #1,852 of 2,984
Poweramp does not work with my m11 wavelet does

Apr 1, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #1,853 of 2,984
Actually yes, Poweramp EQ and Wavelet do work, thanks to Android 10. I'm not quite sure how these are implemented with respect to bit-perfect, MQA and high-resolution. That's why I would prefer something at the system level, rather than an app. If you know more about this, I'm interested in learning.
I preferred PowerAmp EQ to Wavelet, but both were unreliable, even with the necessary ADB tweaks - They wouldn't always detect what I was using and apply their EQ. @FiiO , System-wide built-in would be nice.

Apr 1, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #1,854 of 2,984
I'm not an expert but I think bit-perfect and MQA wouldn't be able to make use of any EQ simply by their nature; bit-perfect is no longer bit-perfect if it's gone through any type of processing and, from what I've read in the Hiby DAP threads, MQA isn't allowed to.

For everything else, the fact the EQ is working means that the audio path is still going through the Android processing libraries, even if SRC is being bypassed. I believe those apps are using the DynamicsProcessing library, which is described in some detail in the pdf linked here https://research.google/pubs/pub47502/. My complete guess would be that any built-in system-wide EQ would also use that library but more directly for all audio streams, rather than only hooking into an existing audio stream after detecting it; and actually, that would be better as it would eliminate any potential clicks and pops between the audio starting and the EQ app detecting it and applying its processing

Apr 1, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #1,856 of 2,984
I'm not an expert but I think bit-perfect and MQA wouldn't be able to make use of any EQ simply by their nature; bit-perfect is no longer bit-perfect if it's gone through any type of processing and, from what I've read in the Hiby DAP threads, MQA isn't allowed to.

For everything else, the fact the EQ is working means that the audio path is still going through the Android processing libraries, even if SRC is being bypassed. I believe those apps are using the DynamicsProcessing library, which is described in some detail in the pdf linked here https://research.google/pubs/pub47502/. My complete guess would be that any built-in system-wide EQ would also use that library but more directly for all audio streams, rather than only hooking into an existing audio stream after detecting it; and actually, that would be better as it would eliminate any potential clicks and pops between the audio starting and the EQ app detecting it and applying its processing

I understand that MQA doesn't work if there is any DSP applied prior to the DAC (i.e. no longer bit-perfect). I guess it is a Catch-22 if you want to apply EQ for your specific transducers. Obviously I would like full MQA processing (unfolds) and the ability to apply mild EQ for my personal IEMs/headphones. Roon does allow this, even with MQA, but I am unsure of how it is done.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #1,858 of 2,984
This never happens to me....strange.
@Amber Rain
Isn't this the Resume function in the settings? I had that activated at first, because I thought it meant the M11 would remember the last song or position, but it does that anyway.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #1,859 of 2,984
I'm not sure what you mean by jitter. How you describe it I definitely don't have that issue with Deezer or local music myself. Maybe I'll update anyway.
FishyFinga; good question.
(my hand is bandaged/wrapped up -came off my scooter at ‘high speed’; which limits my typing -probably a good thing for ‘post brevity’)
Context is key; my ‘jitter’ issues were not with the M11+ (for months) UNTIL I went online with it; the issue began either via connection to the play store (android background updated some stuff without telling anyone!!) OR Apple Music install (via APK direct download)..

ONE/BOTH of those processors really mucked with the M11+ and its‘ “customised” Android variant.

It is why I uninstalled all software(s), and tried reinstalling firmwares etc.

WHAT IS THE ISSUE?
typical sound that comes with ‘low quality’ digital transmission; sub bass/super low frequency bass mostly absent, bass strength quality diminished, localisation of high frequency information and ‘edge’ information compromised etc.. when it gets truly high jitter rates, then the inevitable clicks/pops start to hear.
Jitter caused by bad (source) file data will have the same ‘pops’ every time (like my original pressing of Eric Clapton and BB King, which was a bad CD),..
Jitter induced by other means, especially that ‘builds up’/gets worse, will lead to cracks and pops (almost unnoticable if not ‘trained to hear it’) that is all over the place. Usually heard during quiet passages.

I found that after a ’few tracks’ the jitter would be ‘building up’; replaying the first tracks I listened to would now have the clicks/pops again. A reboot of the M11+ would sort it out,.. and was handy that the music player resumes from where it was playing after a restart.. made the process very overt/obvious.

After a reboot, subbass would be improved, imaging would be better etc.. (and the obvious clicks/pops would be missing,.. until,… a few tracks later, start to ’show again’).

Happy to report that the last seven weeks or so of ‘lack of interest’ in the M11+ (as a high end source) is now abated.
Presently I have a three hop chain: FiiO M11+(transport)=>iFi Diablo(DAC)=>Sennheiser HDVD800(amp) powering some Ultrasone Edition 5 headphones.
Smooth. (no jitter)
05EA9079-2841-45B5-879D-F84EAA8F4EC1.jpegDFC4FAD1-5554-4A45-B00F-6B54A7365252.jpegEF42803F-BA7E-406D-9A59-1931DA3E146D.jpegDogma (DVD) & ’Last Crusade’ (BD); “No Ticket”

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #1,860 of 2,984
@FiiO

Is there any way you can disable the Fiio Music Player App from automatically playing a song when you start up the M11 Plus?

Thanks
Please check whether you are choosing the pure music mode or enable to resume mode for FiiO Music app?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back