[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Mar 17, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #1,786 of 2,991
Yeah that was my biggest gripe with the Pro, just a bit sluggish. It didn't impede listening to music with UAPP or Tidal but navigating just felt a bit less "modern". I was also thinking future wise, some update might happen and Tidal could stop working. So might as well upgrade while I have the chance. I've always been more of a AK guy than ESS so when I saw an LTD on clear out pricing a few nights ago I jumped on it. Put my Pro up for sale yesterday and it was gone by last night. Now the waiting game.

clear out pricing???

Mar 17, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #1,787 of 2,991
clear out pricing???
Yeah, it was the last one at a shop up here in Canada. It was $130 less than the ESS version and then I had a coupon with them for an additional $40 off. Factor in what I got for my Pro and it was about a $250 upgrade, not peanuts but I think it will be well worth it in the long run.

Mar 19, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #1,789 of 2,991
Can anyone tell me if this player will play mkv files. Not really interested in the screen quality just portable SQ with my video library. Can you download something like vlc to the device?

Mar 19, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #1,790 of 2,991
Can anyone tell me if this player will play mkv files. Not really interested in the screen quality just portable SQ with my video library. Can you download something like vlc to the device?
VLC/mkv should be no problem. All the Android based FiiO DAPs support VLC/mkv.

Mar 19, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #1,791 of 2,991
For me working all even HBO Max working with great performance.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #1,792 of 2,991
speaking of videos, does anyone know if playing videos on this device (ESS or Ltd.) bypasses Android SRC? I'm assuming it doesn't since the SRC bypass is not global (I read). So can anyone suggest a video player that does? Thanks.

Mar 20, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #1,794 of 2,991
No video just music here. My dilemma is my M11 Pro still worth it or should I found a way out and upgrade to M17?
Thats a big stretch (price wise). If you don't want to drive anything really inefficient the "M11 Plus" is the more interesting thing. I pimped my ltd. with Cayin ru6 and questyle m12. The M17 is more interesting when you want to use these big, hard to drive cans without an dedicated amp.
But the M11 Pro should be good, as long as you don't need global EQ-ing or iTunes and use it only as a player and streamer.
And as long as your battery life is still sufficient.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #1,795 of 2,991
Thats a big stretch (price wise). If you don't want to drive anything really inefficient the "M11 Plus" is the more interesting thing. I pimped my ltd. with Cayin ru6 and questyle m12. The M17 is more interesting when you want to use these big, hard to drive cans without an dedicated amp.
But the M11 Pro should be good, as long as you don't need global EQ-ing or iTunes and use it only as a player and streamer.
And as long as your battery life is still sufficient.
Is the sound quality the same if you only have iem? I read on apos blog that you only need m17 if you want to drive big cans but they both have same sound signiture. What's your thoughts on the sound difference?

Mar 20, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #1,796 of 2,991
speaking of videos, does anyone know if playing videos on this device (ESS or Ltd.) bypasses Android SRC? I'm assuming it doesn't since the SRC bypass is not global (I read). So can anyone suggest a video player that does? Thanks.
actually the custom android is all about bypassing android SRC is my understanding..
I find sound quality in android mode is equal to pure music mode (and I am pretty keen to check sample rate modes on any kit...;kit that makes it obvious when source files are in native vs 'dithered' is my 'baseline' for whether it is hifi capable.

When listening to 'dithered' sample rates (non even multiples of the original source) or even 'upsampled' sound, if it sounds WORSE than native, I am 'a happy camper'

As an example, feeding audio from a macbook into the M11+, the 44khz rate is just cleaner. It is subtle, but for those who can pick it, it is a great reassurer to the class/quality of kit we are playing with.
The M11+ is 'nice kit'.Android mode still bypasses sample rate conversion is my understanding.

furthering this discussion; it is worth going to developer mode and locking bluetooth at 44khz (rather than default 48khz) for most audio files playing to bluetooth headsets.
(Try it, you might like it!!)

Mar 20, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #1,797 of 2,991
Is the sound quality the same if you only have iem? I read on apos blog that you only need m17 if you want to drive big cans but they both have same sound signiture. What's your thoughts on the sound difference?
As far as I can judge it from my short comparison, the ltd is a hint warmer but the ess versions of m11+ and m17 are nearly equal. Maybe m17 is a tad more resolving but for me m17 wasn’t that much ahead of m11+ and the ltd was the signature I liked most, so I took it.

Mar 20, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #1,798 of 2,991
As far as I can judge it from my short comparison, the ltd is a hint warmer but the ess versions of m11+ and m17 are nearly equal. Maybe m17 is a tad more resolving but for me m17 wasn’t that much ahead of m11+ and the ltd was the signature I liked most, so I took it.
Hmm. I was thinking about the ltd and how it compares. By the way, apos actually sell all the devices and said the same as u referencing m11 vs m17

Adds a lot of credibility to them because most sellers will say the most expensive product is always better. See https://apos.audio/blogs/news/fiio-m17-vs-fiio-m11

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back