[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Mar 9, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #1,771 of 2,991
My understanding (which may not be correct) is that Lithium Ion batteries have about 500 full cycles charges in them, so if you fully charge it to 100% and run it down to zero you are reducing the lifespan of the battery.

The range is 300-1200 from what I've read. This depends on the QUALITY of BOTH the battery AND charger.

We the consumer have no idea what either of these are; we are really just trusting companies will implement proper quality control measures. For a company like Tesla they seem to be interested in making sure quality is good with respect to batteries and chargers For our phones and DAPs this is highly unlikely to be the case. So if you want your device to last for a while, then treat the battery AND charging methods properly. If you get rid of your stuff every year or two then do whatever you like!

Mar 9, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #1,772 of 2,991
Availability of parts is definitely a factor. Doing a quick search shows that there are batteries compatible with FiiO's earliest MP3 players for sale on AliExpress, so that's one potential positive at least.

The iPod Classic was unintentionally modular, given the availability of third-party spare parts for pretty much anything except the logic board. Since the M11 is a somewhat different beast, and since things seem more integrated into the board from the looks of it, I don't think other spare parts may be as available.

Can anyone chime in regarding their experience with FiiO customer service?
I have been using their stuff for over 10 years. It's always performed well. I used one of their earlier amps with an iPod classic. My earliest Fiio stuff was desktop stuff plugged into my old PC for HP use. My first Fiio DAP was an X5ii which was used to replace the iPOD. It was more for capacity than anything else. Its user interface was not upto the iPod, but I could carry more of my library, and it had more power. It was replaced with an X7ii. It was a major improvement in both sound and use. It was during this time that I was moving from MP3's to FLAC as well. I had ripped all my CD's to listen via my PC into my HP's. I wanted a portable rig with closer sound to my desktop rig. Both DAP's still work, but they are cumbersome compared to the X11+ from a user standpoint. I have never needed customer service. To me, the bigger question is why would one run 10 year old gear. Comparing my old Ipod running mp3's via easy to drive IEM's versus my M11+ running FLAC into multidriver IEM's is not even close. Yes, they both produce music to your ears, but in regards to sound quality and clarity, its game over for me.

Side note, I have evaluated multiple pieces of gear from them this year. The M11+ LTD versus the M11+ and on a whim, the FH-9's. The M11's were to replace the X7ii as it was struggling on the 1TB of music I had loaded in it. I kept the ESS version of the M11+, only because it was cheaper. They both sounded the same to me. The FH-9's were to compare to my old SE846's. This was driven by some comments that they had a wide stage, more like open HP's. I figured, why not see since I could return if it didn't work out. They stayed as well. The stuff Fiio put out this past year or so is pretty darn good. They continue to raise the bar.

Good luck on your search.......

Mar 12, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #1,774 of 2,991
M11 = portable goodness, also sounds de part.
0FD6B11F-2EDA-4F97-B7B2-D5B941E15167.jpeg

Mar 12, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #1,776 of 2,991
I normally don't post classified in impression threads, but given the out of production status of the M11+ LTD AKM version, I have one that I'm selling in classified:

For Sale

I upgraded to M17 so don't need both.

Mar 16, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #1,777 of 2,991
I have both,M11 + doesn't compete with the DX300,more powerful,M11 + THX 78 amp clean and anylytical that's the trait of the THX, I'll listen to the Hiby R6 2021 before the FiiO M11 +,but I rotate all my dacs anyway,only bought the M11 plus for the THX,but your taste my be different.
How does hiby r6 sound? Is it warm?

Mar 16, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #1,779 of 2,991
Pretty much no battery would last 10 years. So the first requirement would be the availability of battery replacement. Four or five years, replacement may still be possible, but beyond the 5th, seriously doubted.
This applies to all electronics, not just any one brand.
X5 1st gen. used almost daily since 2014. Battery life is still better than my phone (Galaxy S10 Exynos) :stuck_out_tongue:
X5.jpg

Mar 17, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #1,781 of 2,991
Just sold off my M11 Pro and ordered a Plus LTD for an extremely good price. Kind of pumped. I really liked my Pro but felt that between the CPU and Android upgrades, the Plus will keep me going for a few extra years. I had been thinking about an iBasso DX240 or an A&K SR25 MkII but for the price I got the FiiO for and the fact that I know I love the way the Pro sounds, I figured that would be the safe choice.

Mar 17, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #1,782 of 2,991
Just sold off my M11 Pro and ordered a Plus LTD for an extremely good price. Kind of pumped. I really liked my Pro but felt that between the CPU and Android upgrades, the Plus will keep me going for a few extra years. I had been thinking about an iBasso DX240 or an A&K SR25 MkII but for the price I got the FiiO for and the fact that I know I love the way the Pro sounds, I figured that would be the safe choice.
I did the same when the LTD first came out. Best decision ever - the responsiveness of Android and the faster overall performance is immediately noticeable.

Mar 17, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #1,783 of 2,991
I did the same when the LTD first came out. Best decision ever - the responsiveness of Android and the faster overall performance is immediately noticeable.
Yeah that was my biggest gripe with the Pro, just a bit sluggish. It didn't impede listening to music with UAPP or Tidal but navigating just felt a bit less "modern". I was also thinking future wise, some update might happen and Tidal could stop working. So might as well upgrade while I have the chance. I've always been more of a AK guy than ESS so when I saw an LTD on clear out pricing a few nights ago I jumped on it. Put my Pro up for sale yesterday and it was gone by last night. Now the waiting game.

Mar 17, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #1,784 of 2,991
Hate that part...and there always seems to be some kind of delay. My wife always knows when I've bought something - I spend way too much time tracking shipments and checking the front porch for packages.:)

Mar 17, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #1,785 of 2,991
Hate that part...and there always seems to be some kind of delay. My wife always knows when I've bought something - I spend way too much time tracking shipments and checking the front porch for packages.:)
Lol yup, I made the mistake of giving mine access to my Parcel App because she would never keep track of her packages and I’d go to the mailbox and she’d have delivery notices for packages that had been there for a week. Now every time I order something she gets all of the delivery updates on her phone. Makes it hard to sneak things past her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back