[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Feb 15, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #1,666 of 2,996
Feb 15, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #1,667 of 2,996
My FIIO M11 LTD in Mode DAC - USB connected to a computer with Windows 10
Tidal running here in Exclusive mode - works fine (when I run YT in the same time - an audio rendering error appears - this should be a fair situation).

Yesterday I installed Windows 11 and turning on the exlusive mode in Tidal (Mode DAC-USB)
I still hear system sounds and Tidal does not take control in YT there is no rendering error message and I hear sounds from Tidal mixed together.
Does your Exlusive mode in Tidal work properly in Windows 11?
How do u hook it up to the computer?

Feb 15, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #1,668 of 2,996
Included with the FIIO M11 Plus Ltd. you should get a dedicated USB Type A> USB Type C cable.

Connect USB Type A to your computer/laptop and USB-C to the M11 and that's it.
On a Windows 10 computer, the device is recognized on the fly.
On the M11 you on the USB-DAC mode when you plug it in.
In Windows 11, for the Exculive mode to work in Tidal, I installed the driver I wrote about.

Feb 15, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #1,669 of 2,996
then what play music from the m11 and it goes through the computer?

Feb 15, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #1,670 of 2,996
Vice-versa.
To explain it to you very simply - laptops and computers usually have lower quality amplifiers.
When you play music from your computer, e.g. your own songs/files, lossless music ..... the signal goes to the sound card in the laptop computer and then to the speakers / headphones
When you use DAP, it replaces that sound card from your laptop and does a lot better.

Feb 15, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #1,671 of 2,996
So the files u play from the computer go through M11 (dac)

Feb 15, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #1,672 of 2,996
Vice-versa.
To explain it to you very simply - laptops and computers usually have lower quality amplifiers.
When you play music from your computer, e.g. your own songs/files, lossless music ..... the signal goes to the sound card in the laptop computer and then to the speakers / headphones
When you use DAP, it replaces that sound card from your laptop and does a lot better.
Thank you for confirming the USB dac function. Are you able to tell me if it supports anything greater than DSD 128, which i was confused about from the spec sheet. Thanks

Feb 16, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #1,673 of 2,996
Using M11+ for the first time as digital source for my Sony DAC/Amp. Using Apple Music, the sample rates are correct so it seems Android SRC is bypassed as I am seeing 44 to 192 depending on the lossless track from Apple Music. The one weird thing is I have to max out volume in order to get normal volume to my DAC. Is this right? At least it remembers the volume level and when I disconnect USB, I do see volume drop automatically to what I had it for headphone output. Lastly does coax output also need volume adjusted or is it fixed? I'd like to know before getting the coax cable.

thanks!

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #1,674 of 2,996
Using M11+ for the first time as digital source for my Sony DAC/Amp. Using Apple Music, the sample rates are correct so it seems Android SRC is bypassed as I am seeing 44 to 192 depending on the lossless track from Apple Music. The one weird thing is I have to max out volume in order to get normal volume to my DAC. Is this right? At least it remembers the volume level and when I disconnect USB, I do see volume drop automatically to what I had it for headphone output. Lastly does coax output also need volume adjusted or is it fixed? I'd like to know before getting the coax cable.

thanks!
Maxing out Volume to a DAC is the right way (see qudelix 5k info) as android doesn't support a global volume, there is no other way than to max out the volume for USB-DAC and Coax-SPdif (as both are adjustible on nearly all systems). Only the line-out function is fixable (2VRms is the standard)

Feb 16, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #1,676 of 2,996
Question: Am I reading the specs. om M11 Plus ESS that when in USB-DAC mode, DSD is limited to 128? This seems below standard, even my FiiO BTR will do DSD256.

If it is limited to DSD128 currently, can we expect that to be increased via future firmware update.>

We are so sorry for the mistake that we made in the SPEC of our website. M11 Plus and M11 Plus LTD all can support DSD256, we will revise it into our website.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 16, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #1,677 of 2,996
Maxing out Volume to a DAC is the right way (see qudelix 5k info) as android doesn't support a global volume, there is no other way than to max out the volume for USB-DAC and Coax-SPdif (as both are adjustible on nearly all systems). Only the line-out function is fixable (2VRms is the standard)
Thanks for the explanation. Not sure I need to go coax. I am using a OTG adapter with power splitter for USB and it works great. If anyone in interested, here is the adapter:

Adapter

Feb 16, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #1,678 of 2,996
Feb 17, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #1,679 of 2,996
In our latest article we check out the new Fiio M11 Plus ESS. Find out how it performs and compares and especially why we are giving it our recommended buy award, now on Headfonia!

https://www.headfonia.com/fiio-m11-plus-ess-review/

chrome_2022-02-17_07-53-13.png

Feb 17, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #1,680 of 2,996
I got my M11 plus ess today and I tried to change some settings. Now, I'll be using an IEM, which should be the 3.5mm and 4.4mm output? PO or LO (I'm scared that it'll break my IEM or it will hurt my ear due to insane volume. I forgot which one was the default one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back