[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jan 5, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #1,456 of 2,990
I auditioned them together and chose the M11 Plus LTD. I should have taken the DX240 for its much better seize:weight ratio.

Powerful sound and I would get it (the DX240) — if I wouldn't have heard Cayin's RU6 DAC/Amp dongle.
So you auditioned both and chose m11 plus? And now want dx240? Why is that without size. For me Dx240 sounds good but not very far or different from dx160. Powerful, colored and fun but not so detailed or really hifi. M11 plus sounded for me much more different. Dx240 good from size but i dont feel it at it's price its worth. Dx160 more worth. And m11 plus is big jump forward from technicalities point.

Jan 6, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #1,457 of 2,990
So you auditioned both and chose m11 plus? And now want dx240? Why is that without size. For me Dx240 sounds good but not very far or different from dx160. Powerful, colored and fun but not so detailed or really hifi. M11 plus sounded for me much more different. Dx240 good from size but i dont feel it at it's price its worth. Dx160 more worth. And m11 plus is big jump forward from technicalities point.
From memory, the DX240 has a lot of dynamics (more than the M11 Plus LTD) and this seems to be the overwhelming consensus among those who have it. It is essentially more engaging.

If you want something with a HiFi sound which can be equally good but more neutral, letting your IEMs/headphones show their true nature, the M11 Plus LTD might be a good/better option.

The difference in-between the two wasn’t gigantic for me but I tested them with IEMs which weren’t the pickiest — that was a mistake.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #1,458 of 2,990
From memory, the DX240 has a lot of dynamics (more than the M11 Plus LTD) and this seems to be the overwhelming consensus among those who have it. It is essentially more engaging.

If you want something with a HiFi sound which can be equally good but more neutral, letting your IEMs/headphones show their true nature, the M11 Plus LTD might be a good/better option.

The difference in-between the two wasn’t gigantic for me but I tested them with IEMs which weren’t the pickiest — that was a mistake.
well yeah, best to test with most revealing iems as diffreneces in daps newer are massive, but mainly agree with you. Only for me dap ideal is more neautral and as much revealing as possible only not too much dry and monitoring when listening isn't fun anymore. And m11+ gives that, and dx240 for those who like dynamics and fun and more coloured sound. But still think m11 + gave me more revealing ant truth sound as dx240 was more smoothed out and easier to listen but altering sound much more from neutral. But that was my personal experience. Others say that dx240 was realy revealing, as for me m11+ was realy more detailed in treble and super clear. So who prefers what is still only personal preferences.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #1,461 of 2,990
The price of FIIO K9 Pro and FIIO M11 Plus Ltd in my country is similar
- I know that they are functionally two different devices, but musically - sonically which is better?
If your needs are fully met by K9 Pro, it is by far the better value since you are only paying for the audio components whereas M11 Plus adds SOC and other smartphone component costs. K9 Pro also has the AK4499 which is a major step above AK4497 in the M11+. I own both and to my ears K9 Pro adds a bit of a more masculine sound compared to M11 but still has as much if not more detail and finesse. By "masculine" I mean more dynamic and fluid sound. Still, if I can only have one I would go with the M11+ simply because I can use it for all of my needs with includes portability and running on battery.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #1,462 of 2,990
Does anybody know Fiio m11plus mk2 (dual ess9068as) exact release date? :D

https://www.fiio.eu/product/fiio-m11-plus/
@FiiO

What difference will the ess906as dacs compared to the AKM dacs make with regards to sound and other features?

Is this going to be the only change between the original (AKM) version and Mark 2 version?

I had an M11 Plus on pre-order, but the store ran out of units. Will the UK be getting any further original versions or are they now all sold out / distributed?

Thanks

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #1,463 of 2,990
Just updated to 1.06 and thrilled with the battery charging optimizer. I have mine set to 80% max and now have no worries about keeping it plugged into power in desktop mode. I honestly don't see a scenario for me where I need that extra 20%.

Also happy to report that Wavelet EQ and Apple Music work together just fine. I had problems with 1.05 so had to roll back to 1.04. However, both Wavelet and Apple updated their apps before 1.06 came out so it is very possible that 1.05 is fine too, but it doesn't matter since 1.06 is the best firmware to date IMHO.

Forgot to mention that with 1.04 and prior version of Wavelet, I could not max the buffer because sound would stutter with 192 kHz bit rate. With 1.06 and latest version of Wavelet there are no issues with max buffer. On a side note, I'm really surprised how many 192 kHz albums Apple Music offers. Most are classic rock/pop that are considered groundbreaking at their time. The newer hi res lossless tracks appear to be 96 kHz. If my memory is correct - older analog masters benefit from using as high as a sample rate as possible during digital conversion. Newer master recordings are digital to begin with and 96 kHz is the standard bit rate so no point in inflating it to 192.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #1,464 of 2,990
Thank you for your answer "bflat", you have both devices so what you write is the most reliable.
I waited a long time for the FIIO K9 Pro, it was not available and now it is in a large amount, now it is at a price almost identical to the M11 Plus which is less available.
I bought the FIIO M11 Plus for being as multifunctional as a Swiss Army knife, I would rather not use it mobile in the city, but it is a great convenience that I do not have to sit in wired headphones only in one place at my desk.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #1,465 of 2,990
Dx160 to me sounds way better than the M11+,way better.

Jan 6, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #1,466 of 2,990
@FiiO

Thanks for the 1.0.6 update. Can a new battery feature be added like that Samsung uses? There is a Samsung feature that lets you toggle between permitting fast charging or not. This would be another cool battery optimization for the M11 Plus LTD.

Also, can you add composer as a choice in the FiiO music app?

great product!

@FiiO

These ideas are good. My Samsung S10+ allows me to turn off fast charging as an option. This would be useful for this unit...one doesn't need fast charging all the time. Can it be done?

And yes, for those who use the FiiO music app, being able to choose a composer would be nice. Can it be done?

Thanks for your consideration!

Jan 7, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #1,467 of 2,990
@FiiO

What difference will the ess906as dacs compared to the AKM dacs make with regards to sound and other features?

Is this going to be the only change between the original (AKM) version and Mark 2 version?

I had an M11 Plus on pre-order, but the store ran out of units. Will the UK be getting any further original versions or are they now all sold out / distributed?

Thanks
Dear friend,

Thanks for the interest in our products.
Currently, we could not tell too much information of M11Plus. You could pay attention to the update information in our website: www.fiio.com.
It is not available yet but it will come soon. We haven't arranged the shipment to the seller in UK yet.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 7, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #1,468 of 2,990
When adding songs to the sd card, will my unit repopulate my added songs to my playlist?
No, you would need to update the media libary and the playlist you made.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 7, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #1,469 of 2,990
Dx160 to me sounds way better than the M11+,way better.
Well lets say different. It depend on what you looking for. But for me interesting your opinion why do you think so. I have dx160 and i like it a lot for what it is and how it sounds ( not its working speed sadly) and it souds so good with my timeless that i actually dont need to upgrade it to dx240 as for me they sound really close. M11 plus is different and fiio tuned it very differently from ibasso dap for different task. For my ears sound is much dryer, neutral not so engaging but at the same time more hi fi with great control and gives oportunity to hear your iem more truthfully. But if you looking for pure enjoyement and not so dependant on music source quality perhaps dx160 was more made for this. M11plus is like an audiophile tool that is dead neutral. So for me they both sounds according their greators philosophy but it is only preferences. Metal for example i like to listen with dx160 much more as it gives more body to low end and colors it more fun for what this genre needs. But m11 plus makes other thing great. So IMO best to have both :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back