[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Dec 30, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #1,426 of 2,991
Poweramp equalizer from playstore also works with dump permission via adb and some tweaks ( in app settings )
For this reason we don't need anymore rooted devices to install system wide equalizers for streaming services.

If you someone need root access for any reasons can pm me .

If someone need any help can pm .🙂

Conclusion , official firmware 1.0.6 from fiio works perfectly with Wavelet and poweramp equalizer without any lags.

Stock it sounds as good and as close to other flagship players at any price.

Fiio simply with this device makes the impossible possible and makes me enjoy music after very long time.

😉

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #1,427 of 2,991
Rooting, combining and third-party applications - is it such a problem for Fiio to give users their daps - a real global EQ?

Before the update, when the M11 was turned off and I was charging it, I set the diode so that the diode breathed - after charging it, the diode went out, after the update it still breathes and I do not see the feeling that the charging is finished.

Dec 31, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #1,428 of 2,991
sounds so good don't need a eq! Wavelet app have no idea on how to use it.
The highest accolade I can give to the M11+ and FD7 combo is that it very much reminds me of a (now) old Audiolab setup that I heard in the early 90s, I’m not necessarily saying that from an SQ perspective - no way to remember that, but from an enjoyment one.

Jan 1, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #1,429 of 2,991
Hi.
I wanted to share this 🙂

Comparison Shanling m8 vs fiio m11+ ltd (both stock without any sound mods installed). The m8 I swear it sounds like a smartphone to my ears with more power comparing it to m11+ I felt to this akm trap , I didn't wanted to believe it but I should trust my ears and not the reviews, I thought is good because everyone says it and I believed it and my ears also believed it.

M11 plus ltd, natural , better Soundstage, better separation, better tighter bass , is better in every single way with iems .I'm saying it again, m8 it sounds like a smartphone to my ears. M8 is only better with over ear headphones and this only for its power.
I wanted to buy the shanling M9 for the android 10 and better hardware but I'll never do it . I'll never buy such an expensive player.
I do prefer natural , reference audio player.
M8 = sold !! I prefer to keep the m11 plus ltd .
1700 Euro vs 800 Euro. Omg , I'll never invest so much money to a dap , better to invest to iems .

Jan 1, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #1,430 of 2,991
@FiiO will there be a slimmer sleeve, like PU or Silicone, for the M11 Plus (that will also fit the ltd.)? It is a little annoying that the m11 Plus with the SK11 leathersleeve or the original sleeve doesn't' fit in the HB4 in its height, it fits perfectly in the box but you can' t close the box, only 4 to 5 mm at the the magnets but, it simply doesn't t close. While it fits perfect and the box closes with no sleeve and there is even a little air left.

Jan 1, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #1,431 of 2,991
Hi.
I wanted to share this 🙂

Comparison Shanling m8 vs fiio m11+ ltd (both stock without any sound mods installed). The m8 I swear it sounds like a smartphone to my ears with more power comparing it to m11+ I felt to this akm trap , I didn't wanted to believe it but I should trust my ears and not the reviews, I thought is good because everyone says it and I believed it and my ears also believed it.

M11 plus ltd, natural , better Soundstage, better separation, better tighter bass , is better in every single way with iems .I'm saying it again, m8 it sounds like a smartphone to my ears. M8 is only better with over ear headphones and this only for its power.
I wanted to buy the shanling M9 for the android 10 and better hardware but I'll never do it . I'll never buy such an expensive player.
I do prefer natural , reference audio player.
M8 = sold !! I prefer to keep the m11 plus ltd .
1700 Euro vs 800 Euro. Omg , I'll never invest so much money to a dap , better to invest to iems .
Agree with you , m11 + sounds best with iems and suprisingly better to my ears than some pricier high end daps. Dont know why but it sounds and is super natural, wide stage, with best bass control i heard. Bass especially is better compared to other players. If you want it linear not boosted or bloated. When i wanted to try dx240 from ibasso and compared. Well sorry but m11 was much better here what ever reviewer say. Somehow many daps even high end isn't really so much different sounding from good phone or entry dongle that you can say the money you spent is good invested. With 11+ i feel they are. And not even mentioning it is one of best looking dap. Even better than their super highed m17 in this. M11 + surely best looking from all their devices. Simply looking at it is pleasing and listening is even more. Happy new year everyone and happy listening! :wink:

Jan 1, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,432 of 2,991
@FiiO will there be a slimmer sleeve, like PU or Silicone, for the M11 Plus (that will also fit the ltd.)? It is a little annoying that the m11 Plus with the SK11 leathersleeve or the original sleeve doesn't' fit in the HB4 in its height, it fits perfectly in the box but you can' t close the box, only 4 to 5 mm at the the magnets but, it simply doesn't t close. While it fits perfect and the box closes with no sleeve and there is even a little air left.
i found one on ebay

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-01 at 10-49-04 Soft Cover Crystal TPU Clear Case for FiiO M11 Plus LTD eBay.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-01 at 10-49-04 Soft Cover Crystal TPU Clear Case for FiiO M11 Plus LTD eBay.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #1,433 of 2,991
Dont know why but it sounds and is super natural, wide stage, with best bass control i heard.
I haven't heard anything so far that produces an as extensive soundstage as the M11 Plus (especially with all to DSD) without resorting to questionable treble tuning tricks.

Jan 2, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #1,434 of 2,991
@FiiO

Thanks for the 1.0.6 update. Can a new battery feature be added like that Samsung uses? There is a Samsung feature that lets you toggle between permitting fast charging or not. This would be another cool battery optimization for the M11 Plus LTD.

Also, can you add composer as a choice in the FiiO music app?

great product!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #1,436 of 2,991
I also noticed an issue . When activating the all to dsd option and letting a track to play till the end and goes to next track automatically , between this 2 seconds I hear a distortion , With deezer isn't so noticeable but with Tidal hifi plus it's very annoying.
I like this option more and more .
@Fiii hope u will check it

Jan 3, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #1,438 of 2,991
Been spending some time with the M11 Plus LTD, so far really enjoying it overall. I am having a couple of issues though.

Through the balanced out to headphones, playing FLAC files, I've noticed that there is a high frequency clicking noise that's pretty jarring, it sounds like a turn-on thump for the amp. Do others experience this, and can it be reduced/removed @FiiO?

Also I'm using it in "rotated" mode, and the outputs are all at the top. But the volume control did not flip as I was hoping! Is there a way to have the volume direction switch when the player is rotated?

Jan 3, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #1,440 of 2,991
Does the SS version demand a premium when sold on the used market?

Headfi is not the right website for anyone looking to turn a profit in classified. This is a community site and not a marketplace. Try Audigon

If you simply meant "does SS version cost more than regular version in classified?", then the answer is yes only because the SS version MSRP is higher than regular version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back