[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Nov 20, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #1,307 of 2,990
@FiiO is this plug n play to windows pc or Mac if used through usb as a dac? Or do I have to install drivers first before use as a dac?
When you plug it in to your PC there is a separate drivers disc that pops up - I’ll imagine that you can do up to 24/96 driverless - anything more than that will need the driver installed.

Nov 21, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #1,308 of 2,990
I feel maybe a little dirty doing this, but for those interested the compatible Bluetooth remote for the Sony WM1x DAPs (RMT-NWS20) works flawlessly with the M11 Plus :)

Nov 21, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #1,310 of 2,990
It is very strange why FIIO which in its portfolio has so many devices with the BT receiver function.
M-series players, Q5 amplifiers or the latest K9 cannot be purchased with a BT remote control - why?
A long time ago FIIO had this idea but RM1 stopped being produced - why?
RM1 available on the market are the last units from 3-4 years ago.

Maybe someone can say that some devices can be controlled via a smartphone, but it is not convenient, unlocking the smartphone to turn on the aplication is needed here, a small, clever device such as a remote control with basic functions.
It begs to produce such a remote control.

But seriously, in RM1 I only miss the function of fast-forwarding and rewinding the track being played or........... wake up the screen to see the album art.
The remote control goes to sleep after 11 minutes to save the battery and you have to remember that after this time you have to click, for example, on 2x to stop
(1x to wake up pilot and once to activate the function) but this happens quickly and is not problematic.

There are a lot of remotes similar?-- to RM1 that are produced "no name" BT control smartphones from the steering wheel in the car - they even look similar, but their quality of workmanship has a lot to be desired and they do not have a handle to hold only the steering wheel.

My friends are all buying these remotes RM1 and now for them double clicking on the screen to pause wake up the screen, pause to start playback, skip to the next - I haven't practically done this in a week and I can do it from my desk as well as from another room - so simple and so convenient.
FIIO's request expand the topic and propose a new BT remote model compatible with your products please
- whether your market research and market needs department overslept.

Nov 21, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #1,311 of 2,990
:O

Good to know, how’d you pair it?
I just reset the remote (held down play and volume down for 10 seconds) and then connected it as is it was any other Bluetooth device (when the remote flashes blue and red it pops up straight away on the FiiO)

Attachments

• 83ED254F-819C-4957-B4F0-7F3438DAB073.jpeg
    83ED254F-819C-4957-B4F0-7F3438DAB073.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #1,312 of 2,990
FIIO RM1 pilot capability test on.
An interesting option I noticed:
I turned on the "Bluetooth Receive Mode" in FIIO M11 Plus Ltd and connected to the Samsung S10 Android via BT
M11 connected in AAC mode? (regardless that APTX was in the global settings) and ....
the RM1 pilot- music played from Tidal on the phone - although the remote is connected via BT to the M11?!

Unfortunately, in USB-DAC mode WiFi and Bluetooth is automatically turned off (for safe energy?) and the my wireless headphones and remote control do not work.
In my opinion, this is a big minus and I can only listen to wired headphones in the USB-DAC mode ?? - you have that too?
Maybe FIIO will improve it in the next firmware.?

Important
In USB-DAC mode, when the M11 is connected to Windows 10 - Sample Rate was still 44.1 KHz on the m11 screen.
and for a test I was playing material with a higher Saple Rate, it is necessary to change in Windows 10 in the Fiio M11 series sound settings to a higher playback frequency now it displays correctly on the M11.

1637517168100.png

Nov 21, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #1,313 of 2,990
What I wrote above applies to the DAC-Mode in the FIIO M11 Plus - when we play files in, for example, Foobar 2000 from my PC or laptop PC-Sample, the rate is correct.

But in DAC-Mode, when I play music from Tidal in Master-Mode from PC or laptop , I only have two values of 44.1kHz or 48kHz.

In Tidal I have "exclusive mode" turned on
Impose the volume - it is inactive "gray", I cannot change it.
Passtrough- is on (turn off the decoding software).
The M11 is supposed to decode, not the software in the PC - it's logical - but when it's turned on as I wrote, I only have 44.1 and 48kHz.

But when Passtrough turns off in M11 Sample rate it changes to 96kHz - does it work the other way around?
Is this the correct action, I got lost
Tidal gives M11 only two sample rate values 44.1 or 48 kHz, and M11 decodes, but not get information on the screen M11
, as in Pure Music mode, what sample will be after decoding by M11 - yes?

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #1,314 of 2,990
What I wrote above applies to the DAC-Mode in the FIIO M11 Plus - when we play files in, for example, Foobar 2000 from my PC or laptop PC-Sample, the rate is correct.

But in DAC-Mode, when I play music from Tidal in Master-Mode from PC or laptop , I only have two values of 44.1kHz or 48kHz.

In Tidal I have "exclusive mode" turned on
Impose the volume - it is inactive "gray", I cannot change it.
Passtrough- is on (turn off the decoding software).
The M11 is supposed to decode, not the software in the PC - it's logical - but when it's turned on as I wrote, I only have 44.1 and 48kHz.

But when Passtrough turns off in M11 Sample rate it changes to 96kHz - does it work the other way around?
Is this the correct action, I got lost
Tidal gives M11 only two sample rate values 44.1 or 48 kHz, and M11 decodes, but not get information on the screen M11
, as in Pure Music mode, what sample will be after decoding by M11 - yes?
I don't think the M11 + is a renderer turn off pass thru and let Tidal do the work.

Nov 21, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #1,315 of 2,990
Didn't see this coming - downloaded about 700 GB of lossless files with Apple Music only to find out I exceeded my monthly data allocation from Xfinity. Cost me $50 in overage fees. Total monthly allocation is 1.5 TB apparently and my streaming TV doesn't help either. At least I won't have to download the whole library again, but have to remember this in the future in case I upgrade my M11+.

Nov 21, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #1,316 of 2,990
I don't think the M11 + is a renderer turn off pass thru and let Tidal do the work.
FIIO M11 PLus Ltd is a decoder that's for sure and unfolding MQA 8x (only some stationary DACs develop 16x, e.g. Gustard x16)

I analyze the topic - and read a lot of information on the internet.
I believe that the M11 connected to a computer or laptop in USB-DAC mode and listening to the Tidal-Master will show the value of the Sample-Rate signal 44.1 and 48kHz reaching the m11 and display this value on the M11 display and this is the correct value.
At first, it is confusing when you turn off in Tidal Passthrough and this software in Tidal decodes MQA, Sample-Rate values increase - but this is not the way the FIIO M11 Plus is to decode the signal in hardware.
Passthrough is to be enabled.

It would be nice if some color Magenta, Green ... etc appeared on the M11 screen in USB-DAC mode, just like in other DACs.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #1,317 of 2,990
Has anyone tried the Poweramp Equaliser application on M11 Plus (with Android 10)? It provides nearly system level EQ by attaching to the applications. Would be <great if someone could try it out. Thanks. This screenshot is from my mobile phone, not a DAP. It might need these two tweaks to be able to attach to the FiiO or Qobuz apps.

11630726.jpg

11630753.jpg

Nov 22, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #1,318 of 2,990
Has anyone tried the Poweramp Equaliser application on M11 Plus (with Android 10)? It provides nearly system level EQ by attaching to the applications. Would be <great if someone could try it out. Thanks. This screenshot is from my mobile phone, not a DAP. It might need these two tweaks to be able to attach to the FiiO or Qobuz apps.

11630726.jpg

11630753.jpg

I don't have an Android 10 player to test but I noticed the latest version of Wavelet also added this feature. It does require Android 10+. I'm still rocking the M11 Pro myself but have been watching this thread with temptation... I do use Wavelet on my Sony DAPs (Android 9 though).

Nov 22, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #1,319 of 2,990
I don't have an Android 10 player to test but I noticed the latest version of Wavelet also added this feature. It does require Android 10+. I'm still rocking the M11 Pro myself but have been watching this thread with temptation... I do use Wavelet on my Sony DAPs (Android 9 though).
Can Wavelet attach to apps like Qobuz on Sony players?

Nov 22, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,320 of 2,990
Can Wavelet attach to apps like Qobuz on Sony players?
I am using Wavelet with Apple Music on the M11+. However, I am still on firmware 1.04 because with 1.05 Wavelet does not always turn on. You can see my notes on Wavelet in other posts here. It does require some trial and error and I suspect PowerAmp behaves similarly. I'm sticking with Wavelet because I can import my custom EQ for LCDi4.

Short answer is that M11+ is on Android 10 which allows system level EQ without root. However, this is fairly new so expect good and bad things as firmware and apps update. At least on M11+, I only use it for music so I really don't care if I never update the firmware as long as what I have now works (and it does).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back