[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Sep 17, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #1,066 of 2,987
Can someone with both the m11 plus and dx300 give me an idea of the difference in sound signature?

I've got the MEST I'll be pairing with the DAP and I want something revealing but musical. I'm worried the Fiio will be too analytical and hence, dry.

Thanks
I have both,M11 + doesn't compete with the DX300,more powerful,M11 + THX 78 amp clean and anylytical that's the trait of the THX, I'll listen to the Hiby R6 2021 before the FiiO M11 +,but I rotate all my dacs anyway,only bought the M11 plus for the THX,but your taste my be different.

Sep 17, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #1,067 of 2,987
I have both,M11 + doesn't compete with the DX300,more powerful,M11 + THX 78 amp clean and anylytical that's the trait of the THX, I'll listen to the Hiby R6 2021 before the FiiO M11 +,but I rotate all my dacs anyway,only bought the M11 plus for the THX,but your taste my be different.
So are you saying dx300 is better or worse?

Sep 17, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #1,070 of 2,987
As is commonly stated, it's all about the pairing. I find that a clean, powerful and analytical source makes my darker headphones (Meze Empyrean, HD6xx) sound their best. I've owned a lot of top tier gear including some TOTL DAPs (FiiO M15, Shanling M8, iBasso DX300, A&K SP2000ss, FiiO M11+) and some great DAC/Amps (Marantz HD-DAC1, RME ADI2 DAC FS v2, Chord Hugo2+2go) and the ones that left the biggest impression (for my preferences/headphones) are the Chord Hugo2+2go, Shanling M8 and FiiO M11+. Something about them brings a punchy/crisp/dynamic energy that the others are lacking.

Sep 18, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #1,076 of 2,987
Dear friends,

There is a possibility that the firmware upgrade will be abnormal and we are checking the servers and handling now. If everything goes well, the pushing will recover a few days later. And if you would like to get the new firmware still, please contact support@fiio.com and we will share the firmware link for you.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 18, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #1,077 of 2,987
For me, the update (directly on the player itself) went fine. But these things happen, as they do with many companies. I am very happy to see @FiiO interacting with us (and keeping us up to date) via Head-fi directly. Many other companies can learn from that, and it gives me confidence in Fiio.

Sep 18, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #1,078 of 2,987
OTA Update popped up for me yesterday evening and went without a problem over Wi-Fi :) Guess I was the lucky one.

As for the M11 Plus LTD... I like it. A lot actually. Sold my DX220 to get this one fine piece of equipment and have no regrets about it. It's not as dry, clynical and analityical as I expected it to be since it has the THX amp. It has a nice, rumbling bass with a good weight, some pretty nice density in lower mids and sparkle up top in high-mid and lower treble. Soundstage is wide with a nice depth, presentation overall is pretty forward but never too direct to become overwhelming and I really, really like how detailed it is. Like the micro-detail surpassed my expectations. Battery life is awesome, connectivity is great and the only thing you must get used to is the strange ergonomics because of the volume panel. Besides that, a lovely DAP worth the money for me especially that it doesn't sound harsh or bloated, but quite musical, emotional and natural.

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #1,079 of 2,987
OTA Update popped up for me yesterday evening and went without a problem over Wi-Fi :) Guess I was the lucky one.

As for the M11 Plus LTD... I like it. A lot actually. Sold my DX220 to get this one fine piece of equipment and have no regrets about it. It's not as dry, clynical and analityical as I expected it to be since it has the THX amp. It has a nice, rumbling bass with a good weight, some pretty nice density in lower mids and sparkle up top in high-mid and lower treble. Soundstage is wide with a nice depth, presentation overall is pretty forward but never too direct to become overwhelming and I really, really like how detailed it is. Like the micro-detail surpassed my expectations. Battery life is awesome, connectivity is great and the only thing you must get used to is the strange ergonomics because of the volume panel. Besides that, a lovely DAP worth the money for me especially that it doesn't sound harsh or bloated, but quite musical, emotional and natural.
Well that's good to know that's it's musical, battery life is good and you consider it a step up from dx220

Sep 18, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #1,080 of 2,987
Well that's good to know that's it's musical, battery life is good and you consider it a step up from dx220
When it comes to technicalities, I'd say it's slightly above DX220 AMP1 or on a very similar level. Perhaps due to a bit sharper and brighter treble and a much better bass, you get more nuances out of your music especially when it comes to micro-details and bass layering. When it comes to the sheer user experience and convencience, it's a huge step up. It's fast, it's snappy, battery is VERY reliable, it has lots of power, haven't encountered any software issues so far, connectivity is amazing (especially 5ghz Wi-Fi) and the screen is quite awesome too despite it being 720p. Actually I had to double-check that because I was sure it's FHD :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back