[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jul 21, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #618 of 2,998
I just don't understand your issue with FiiO? I haven't had any issues with them at all. Maybe it's area based?
I have a ton of fiio products probably over ten or more,all I ever ask fiio for is a straight answer can't get that,now when I go to work tomorrow I gonna have my co worker write me a letter in their language maybe they'll understand that better,fiio have the chips to manufacture this,that's what I don't understand,seems to me fiio is concentrating on selling IEMs only if that's the case just sell IEMs because that's the only thing they have available. PS almost forgot fiio used to make product and wouldn't update or fix known problems they've gotten better since the launch of the M11 and onward.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #619 of 2,998
I have a ton of fiio products probably over ten or more,all I ever ask fiio for is a straight answer can't get that,now when I go to work tomorrow I gonna have my co worker write me a letter in their language maybe they'll understand that better,fiio have the chips to manufacture this,that's what I don't understand,seems to me fiio is concentrating on selling IEMs only if that's the case just sell IEMs because that's the only thing they have available. PS almost forgot fiio used to make product and wouldn't update or fix known problems they've gotten better since the launch of the M11 and onward.
Then how do you explain the fact that so many people here were able to buy the M11 Plus Ltd. and have it right now?

Jul 21, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #621 of 2,998
They don't though. The AKM fire was legit. They only had a certain amount. Why do you think every other DAP is ESS now? Because there's no more AKM. The next FiiO DAP will be ESS.

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #624 of 2,998
Fire was legit but only on one side of the factory it didn't burn up inventory,seem to me fiio is concentrating on IEMs
I would assume since they are not making anything they would be burning through inventory. Eventually it runs out and manufacturers are using ESS chips. I got my SS version just took 2mths. :beerchug:

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #626 of 2,998
I have updated my review …
Thank you for such a well-written review. I enjoyed every word. You convinced me to order one. And now I have to wait for the pre-ordered M11+SS to arrive. The waiting is the hardest part.

I have the M11 Pro and I really enjoyed it for a long time. But lately I’ve been into dongles (Lotoo Paw S1 on my iPhone, and Luxury&Precision W2 on my iPad Pro); however, when I read about this limited edition run with AKM chips I was very intrigued; I love my AKM-based DACS.

I’ll report back when I get my M11+SS.

Cheers,
Gus

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #627 of 2,998
Thankfully the issue was easily solved.
Now time to enjoy the player!

BTW , this reminds me the remark in my review for @FiiO to add a gain indicator at the top info bar so we always know what is selected.
Dear friend,

Thanks for the kind feedback. We will report to the engineer for assessing about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 22, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #630 of 2,998
There is actually a chip shortage world wide. Not only akm chips. The screens Fiio needs are also not always available.

so I do believe Fiio, but at the same time I also believe they are milking this very real situation for some extra hype. It’s very see through. I can’t blame them. And those akm’s sound gooood. But so do Ess’s. And when they run out of akm, you’ll be able to buy a Ess m11… it might even sound better? Because i like the Ess in the btr5.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back