[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jul 21, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #601 of 2,998
Received m11 plus stainless yesterday. Loving it so far. Pairs really well with fh5s. I love volume slider. I know some don’t but I think it’s great. Apple Music works great but no lossless yet. Amazon music HD will only recognize dac as 24/48. That sucks hopefully Fiio or amazon update will correct. Also unable to update google chrome through play store for some reason as other have said previously. It’s there just won’t initiate.
Have m15 as well but haven’t had much time to compare. Still burning in player. Stainless definitely heavier and android use; Bluetooth; and WiFi definitely better.

Amazon Music can be a little weird sometimes. Try a fresh reboot or playing a local 24/192 file before opening the app. Sometimes that will fix the device capability detection.

Jul 21, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #602 of 2,998
My M11 Plus came in today 😄🌟. Loaded Qobuz and Roon through the Google Play Store. Nothing in the FIIO store worked. They said download but clicking did absolutely nothing. Glad the Play Store worked.

Right now I am listening through Roon to Qobuz and some Miles live in Vienna through the Mangird Tea. So far this is sounding great right out of the box.

I just need to take time to get the case off so I can put in a micro SD card to have music actually stored on the DAP.
I am trying my Dunu Luna with the M11 Plus but finding I have to to play louder 70 vs. 50. The Luna is using the balanced 4.4 while the Tea used the single ended 3.5; is this what others have found with the balanced out?

Jul 21, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #603 of 2,998
I am trying my Dunu Luna with the M11 Plus but finding I have to to play louder 70 vs. 50. The Luna is using the balanced 4.4 while the Tea used the single ended 3.5; is this what others have found with the balanced out?
What exactly do you mean?
I am testing with the Dunu EST 112.
Balanced at 70 is much louder than unbalanced at the same setting.

Jul 21, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #605 of 2,998
Received my Fiio M11 LTD SS a couple days back, and finally cracked it open today. It was a long 2mth wait from when I ordered, but well worth it. Truly is a thing of beauty. Will be pairing it with a set of Fiio FA9s. Going to miss using my Fiio X7mkii and FA7. Time to sell.

Jul 21, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #606 of 2,998
What exactly do you mean?
I am testing with the Dunu EST 112.
Balanced at 70 is much louder than unbalanced at the same setting.
I just switched over to the 3.5 plug and the volume is basically the same between using 3.5 or 4.4. This not what I would expect. I do notice the 4.4 is looser until the final connection compared to the 3.5 which snuggly fitting from the start. @FiiO any comments?

Jul 21, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #607 of 2,998
I just switched over to the 3.5 plug and the volume is basically the same between using 3.5 or 4.4. This not what I would expect. I do notice the 4.4 is looser until the final connection compared to the 3.5 which snuggly fitting from the start. @FiiO any comments?
Oh , this definitely shouldn't be happening.

Jul 21, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #611 of 2,998
What setting for gain is best or is it just personal preference?
Depends on the headphone. I have a pair of very sensitive Shure aonic for that need to be on low gain or otherwise their tone is all highs and no low. Other headphones that are less sensitive might do well on the middle setting. The high gain I would reserve for actual over ear headphones with low sensitivity.

the higher the number in ohms. The more gain you need to reach a similar level of volume without clipping.

I love the 3 gain settings on the M11 plus by the way! Great idea!

Jul 21, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #612 of 2,998
Thankfully the issue was easily solved.
Now time to enjoy the player!

BTW , this reminds me the remark in my review for @FiiO to add a gain indicator at the top info bar so we always know what is selected.
This x10. When I got my M11 Plus, I didn’t realize it was set to high gain by default and thought it sounded horrible in my Andromedas. Glad I figured it out before too long.

Jul 21, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #613 of 2,998
Fiio playing game's can't manufacture the m11plus,can't provide you concrete availability, shipping date just the same ole crap,year after year after year,I will never buy fiio again, I have about 8 or more fiio products and can never get a concrete answer from fiio,I waited less to buy a redeye charger but got to play game's with fiio and for the last time don't blame the akm fire it all b.s.

Jul 21, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #614 of 2,998
Fiio playing game's can't manufacture the m11plus,can't provide you concrete availability, shipping date just the same ole crap,year after year after year,I will never buy fiio again, I have about 8 or more fiio products and can never get a concrete answer from fiio,I waited less to buy a redeye charger but got to play game's with fiio and for the last time don't blame the akm fire it all b.s.
Okay, enjoy whatever brand you pick next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back