[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jul 19, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #586 of 2,991
I been using my m11 plus for about a week and half now and sound through iems was great as expected. Balanced line out to powered speakers was excellent and bluetooth to my home theater was super. I now know why they upgraded the cpu and clocks, it was for processing streaming music and bluetooth. It was a really great surprise to hear what comes outta the m11 from online music sources and to beam music out via bluetooth. Its night a day from a smartphone and the m11. I guess they neeeded android 10 to be able to use the newer processing codex for streaming, try mqa music with the m11 it will not dissapoint.

Jul 19, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #589 of 2,991
Im actaully very surprised at how well the balanced and unbalance line out work when plugged into an amplifier , there is no hum and all the musical details are there. Your still tethered to the power amp and cable lenght does matter in an analgue set up but damm its impressive.

Jul 20, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #591 of 2,991
I have updated my review to add some comments about the balanced line output.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-m11-plus-ltd.25171/review/26267/

It is a nice addition , something that is missing from the M11 Pro.
Signal remains balanced and the M11 Plus can double as a high quality standalone DAC.
I have tested it with the iFi ZEN CAN and I was very pleased with the performance.

Jul 20, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #592 of 2,991
Jul 20, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #594 of 2,991
I have updated my review to add some comments about the balanced line output.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-m11-plus-ltd.25171/review/26267/

It is a nice addition , something that is missing from the M11 Pro.
Signal remains balanced and the M11 Plus can double as a high quality standalone DAC.
I have tested it with the iFi ZEN CAN and I was very pleased with the performance.
I read somewhere there was an issue with the balanced line out, a user reported that using the same amp with m11 plus, the volume is lower when connecting using the balanced line out vs using the unbalanced line out.

Jul 20, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #595 of 2,991
My M11 Plus came in today 😄🌟. Loaded Qobuz and Roon through the Google Play Store. Nothing in the FIIO store worked. They said download but clicking did absolutely nothing. Glad the Play Store worked.

Right now I am listening through Roon to Qobuz and some Miles live in Vienna through the Mangird Tea. So far this is sounding great right out of the box.

I just need to take time to get the case off so I can put in a micro SD card to have music actually stored on the DAP.

Jul 21, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #596 of 2,991
Received m11 plus stainless yesterday. Loving it so far. Pairs really well with fh5s. I love volume slider. I know some don’t but I think it’s great. Apple Music works great but no lossless yet. Amazon music HD will only recognize dac as 24/48. That sucks hopefully Fiio or amazon update will correct. Also unable to update google chrome through play store for some reason as other have said previously. It’s there just won’t initiate.
Have m15 as well but haven’t had much time to compare. Still burning in player. Stainless definitely heavier and android use; Bluetooth; and WiFi definitely better.

Jul 21, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #597 of 2,991
I read somewhere there was an issue with the balanced line out, a user reported that using the same amp with m11 plus, the volume is lower when connecting using the balanced line out vs using the unbalanced line out.
I don't know since I haven't tested both.
May the line out was set to variable and didn't use the full volume?
I don't know.

Jul 21, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #598 of 2,991
I just received my M11 Plus today(black), bought from someone else on this thread for MSRP shipped (thanks my friend, you are a gentleman and a scholar!). I have had an M11 OG since launch, and have LOVED it, after a few Sony's, iPods, A&Ks, Creatives, and many other dedicated players, the M11 was BY FAR my favorite, with great app, sound, power, music app, 2 mSD, balanced, etc., etc... all my boxes were checked with a few bonuses. I was interested in the Pro, and then M15 when they came out, but there weren't enough differences for me to consider the cost to upgrade over a player that I was quite happy with. When the Plus came out though... it was like I had picked all of the things to upgrade, awesome! With this player being the swan song for the AKM DACs, it was a must buy. Except for availability that is... but thanks to Headfi and a great member, I was able to get one anyway. I have already placed an order for the brown leather case (hopefully it helps dissipate heat better, and I am a sucker for brown leather) and the USB-C desktop charging/DAC dock from AliExpress... hoping society doesn't collapse in the month it was estimated to take to get here :D.

I have not yet had the chance to do much comparison testing, but I can at least confirm that it was a great upgrade in speed and usability, the new button layout is great, I am fine with the volume (I prefer a good knob, but who doesn't... giggity), slightly bigger screen is great, and the battery is a monster :D. It runs most of my headphones well, but have more testing to do there, and I have an iFi xCAN amp to add to the chain for any headphones that need more power lovin (a shame it is discontinued, sweet little amp), so I will be able to play with the LO on a few devices too.

Finally, I was second guessing trying for the aluminum version over the SS one given I love a player with heft that feels solid and all of that, but given it is going to be used portably, the difference in weight helped me make up my mind. I was worried about nothing, the aluminum version feel great too, it has that quality feel and some good heft, I can only imagine how the SS player feels. Also... that diamond pattern stuff on the back is gorgeous! Compared to all of my other players... this is a THICC BOI!

Jul 21, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #599 of 2,991
Received m11 plus stainless yesterday. Loving it so far. Pairs really well with fh5s. I love volume slider. I know some don’t but I think it’s great. Apple Music works great but no lossless yet. Amazon music HD will only recognize dac as 24/48. That sucks hopefully Fiio or amazon update will correct. Also unable to update google chrome through play store for some reason as other have said previously. It’s there just won’t initiate.
Have m15 as well but haven’t had much time to compare. Still burning in player. Stainless definitely heavier and android use; Bluetooth; and WiFi definitely better.
Congrats on receiving the device and happy listening! :k701smile:
I have just now checked Google Chrome update on my M11 Plus - today I received the notification on update availability and successfully updated it in the Play Store. Not sure why it did not work for you... Maybe, check with FiiO support?

Jul 21, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #600 of 2,991
Hi all!

I just received my F11 Plus LTD a few days ago

I am an owner of Fiio M11 as well that I own for about 2 years.

I have a few questions for you guys and for Fiio Support as well:

1. Should there be a sound difference between the M11 and M11 Plus if I'm using Coaxial (digital) output? (Thinking about those new femto-crystals, if they take place in this case)
2. Is the digital output still processed through the AKM4497 chips, probably not, right? (Since they're Digital to Analog.. and I'm going just Digital with no conversion? Not sure what happens in the background).

I'm using it for high end audio playback in a sound quality build in Car environment, feeding my DSP with digital signal through coaxial cable.

Thanks for your answers (and hopefully there's not going to be any hate, I'm just asking!)
Dear friend,

Thanks for choosing our products.

1. Since the SoC of he M11 and M11 Plus LTD is different, so there may be difference when using coaxial output still. And due to individual preferences, you could read the professional reviews and comparisons, as well as try out by yourself.
2. The digital output in players will not processed through the AK4497 chips .

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back