[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jul 4, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #453 of 2,984
I think it was a good idea. More volume inside for the battery. Mechanical wheel breaks easily.
Same here. I like this volume control, it works for me just fine. Allows fine and smooth adjustment. And configurable, one can disable the slider and just use +/- buttons if really cannot get used to this volume control. And if I need to hold the device in hands on the go where I may accidentally touch the slider, I just use Hold switch (I configured Hold switch to block everything except for play/pause button).

Jul 4, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #454 of 2,984
Got it yesterday, I had 1-2 hours with it and already volume buttons annoys me. I accidentally pressed them X times... Why did they had to change something that works, i mean the volume wheel? Everything else seems top notch build wise

You can turn off touch control for the volume, i did this and no more accidental presses. I kind of agree the wheel felt more attractive to use but the new volume control is more practical - able to adjust faster.

Jul 4, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #455 of 2,984
Dear friend,

According to the feedback from engineer, the USB DAC delay is very small in this players, within 100ms.

Best regards

I find it's not just USB dac, but also when using the actual device.. for example i tried different play store instruments like piano and drums, all of them have bit of a lag making it impossible to play properly (which is not the case on other android devices).. Also noted with shooter games, it's just a bit off which is disturbing sometimes.
Youtube handles the lag and synchronises the video so its not noticeable there.

Do you think it'll be possible to offer an option that eliminates this lag? Even if say there is a sacrifice to sound accuracy a bit it'll be really useful to have a switch option for it. The m11 Plus has a studio reference style of sound, and it will be perfect to use it for accurate mixing and playing instruments if it weren't for this lag.. I don't understand why audio interfaces (even ones with an FPGA and DSP) have a minimal lag but the Plus can't quite manage it.

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #456 of 2,984
The last two days only heard with my T1 2nd. When the player just lay next to me, it only gets a little warm, everything ok. It seems like it gets only hot when display is active and in use.

A little bug: i set the multi function button on start/stop. Wenn music stops sand display is off for several minutes, i can’t resume with the multi function button. Only the native start/stop button is waking up the M11 Plus.

Jul 4, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #457 of 2,984
You can turn off touch control for the volume, i did this and no more accidental presses. I kind of agree the wheel felt more attractive to use but the new volume control is more practical - able to adjust faster.
For me the normal volume buttons are what anger me. I had the volume slider off already. The actual buttons are too easy to press, and whenever i go to unlock the device i accidentally press them.

Jul 4, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #458 of 2,984
For me the normal volume buttons are what anger me. I had the volume slider off already. The actual buttons are too easy to press, and whenever i go to unlock the device i accidentally press them.
Hate the volume slider and the buttons. Already turned off the slider, but pressing the buttons makes too much of an audible click and is annoying to anybody else in the room. Really wish they’d stuck with a knob on this one.

Jul 5, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #460 of 2,984
Got it yesterday, I had 1-2 hours with it and already volume buttons annoys me. I accidentally pressed them X times... Why did they had to change something that works, i mean the volume wheel? Everything else seems top notch build wise
There is a setting somewhere to lock the slider, but allowing double tapping the slider to unlock before slide to adjust the volume.

Personally, I like this slider rather than a turning knob. Moving parts are easier to break down.

Jul 5, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #464 of 2,984
3.5mm headphone output:>11.5h
Volume48
GainHigh
ScreenOFF
Test File MP3 44.1kHz/16bit
Load32Ω
EQOFF
2.5mm+4.4mm balanced output:>10h
Volume37
GainHigh
ScreenOFF
Load32Ω
EQOFF

As always advertised battery duration is under optimal conditions.

I get about 9 hours streaming Qobuz with various headphones and iems and this is pretty good in my opinion.

As for being laggy what do you mean?

This is one of the fastest DAPs on the market.
Like high end smartphone.
I stream while browsing or editing text and viewing photos without any lag at all.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #465 of 2,984
3.5mm headphone output:>11.5h
Volume48
GainHigh
ScreenOFF
Load32Ω
EQOFF
2.5mm+4.4mm balanced output:>10h
Volume37
GainHigh
ScreenOFF
Load32Ω
EQOFF

As always advertised battery duration is under optimal conditions.

I get about 9 hours streaming Qobuz with various headphones and iems and this is pretty good in my opinion.

As for being laggy what do you mean?

This is one of the fastest DAPs on the market.
Like high end smartphone.
I stream while browsing or editing text and viewing photos without any lag at all.
Deezer and the UI in general lag like hell for me. Frame rate constantly drops, and everything is slow. Definitely nowhere near as fast as my Pixel 5 or iPhone X.

And in theory I should get 11 hours of battery life. Sometimes just going into the settings lags like hell as well. Maybe I’m just used to faster phones.

Honestly just tempted to buy a Galaxy A52 and getting a Shanling UA2 or something at this point. (Can’t use my Pixel because 128gb isn’t enough and I use GrapheneOS and don’t use Aurora Store) and my iPhone is only 64gb.

And honestly from all my AB testing I don’t hear a difference from the DAP from just the Apple Dongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back