[FiiO M11 Plus LTD/M11 Plus] THXAAA-78,Android 10, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output/4.4 LO output, Dual AK4497/ES9068AS DAC chips, 4GB RAM,64G Flash
Jul 21, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #2,176 of 2,984
Done and Done. Response from US authorized seller All About Office was that it looked like a "wear and tear" issue and that there was nothing they could do. The device has never been outside, always in a protective case and perfectly maintained. Thankfully, it died 6 days shy of 1 year so my MasterCard extended warranty will probably cover the price of the DAP. Bottom line - NEVER purchase one with out an extended warranty from the card issuer or the seller. Will order an M11 Pro from the Fiio store on Amazon and pay for the service contract. For the record Fiio never responded to any emails sent to the support mailbox.
Dear Lifter59,

So sorry about that and thanks for the kind feedback. For the warranty, we will provide the email address of the distributor to you via PM.
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 23, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #2,178 of 2,984
Dear Lifter59,

So sorry about that and thanks for the kind feedback. For the warranty, we will provide the email address of the distributor to you via PM.
We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Best regards
Contacted the distributor as per your message - response “there is nothing we can do at this time - contact Fiio”

Jul 24, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #2,179 of 2,984
Contacted the distributor as per your message - response “there is nothing we can do at this time - contact Fiio”
I bought my LTD from the same distributor :frowning2:

Question: did you do much charging with the DAP turned off before plugging it in? I find it a cool feature that the M11+LTD will charge without fully booting, unlike all the other Android DAPs I have seen (there is a white animated battery-charging indicator on the screen only), but I wonder if that bypasses any battery-health/charging logic.

Jul 24, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #2,180 of 2,984
I bought my LTD from the same distributor :frowning2:

Question: did you do much charging with the DAP turned off before plugging it in? I find it a cool feature that the M11+LTD will charge without fully booting, unlike all the other Android DAPs I have seen (there is a white animated battery-charging indicator on the screen only), but I wonder if that bypasses any battery-health/charging logic.
That’s a good question. I would have to say it’s probably 50/50. But, plugging in a charge cable when the player is off causes it to run through a boot screen before charging starts so I would guess that the charging monitoring would be in place either way. I cannot ever remember a time when the device was excessively hot after charging so I’m not sure if that’s the issue.

Jul 24, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #2,183 of 2,984
Excellent video as usual Amos. I bought my M11+LTD (i.e., AKM version) almost exactly a year ago and I still love it. Keep up the great video reviews on your Currawong youTube channel.

Cheers,
Gus
Loved mine too right up until it died….

Jul 26, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #2,185 of 2,984
I've killed quite a few DAPs forgetting to charge them, or leaving them at 100% all the time on the charger. It took me 2 days to revive the M11 Pro, for example.

Jul 27, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #2,186 of 2,984
M11 Plus arrived today, really sounds good!! The soundstage is amazing, compared to my friends R6 2020, glad I took M11 Plus.

This player taken FH7 to another level compared to my trusty apple dongle. Too bad Im going to sell FH7, as I have found another iem.

Jul 27, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #2,187 of 2,984
but I wonder if that bypasses any battery-health/charging logic.
I usually charge with the device turned off. And no, it doesn't bypass the set charge limit. Sometimes it overshoots by 1-2% but it happens as well even when it's turned on. i think the charging logic is still there as my charging times still get slower when the weather is hot.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #2,188 of 2,984
I usually charge with the device turned off. And no, it doesn't bypass the set charge limit. Sometimes it overshoots by 1-2% but it happens as well even when it's turned on. i think the charging logic is still there as my charging times still get slower when the weather is hot.
I usually charge mine when it drops to 15-20% and have it set to stop charging at 80%. Hopefully the battery is not an issue @FiiO

Aug 4, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #2,189 of 2,984
So I just spent another half hour desperately trying to login to my fiio account in the player, because for some reason I was logged out without any action from my side. I had to type in about 20 different captcha nonsense codes before one finally worked.
Either make it easier to login, or don't log me out without any reason. So annoying and it keeps me from enjoying an otherwise great piece of equipment.

Aug 4, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #2,190 of 2,984
@FiiO Any chance in-app actions can be mapped to the multifunction button? For example, I'd love to be able to "Love" Apple Music tracks via the multifunction button. This would make it possible to love songs quickly and without even taking the player out of my pocket. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back