[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Mar 22, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #31 of 9,288
Probably skip this M11 DAP because i heard one of my local shop (E1 personal Audio) said that he had seen the blueprint of both M11 and M13 not sure whether its true but now kinda believe him due to the fact that M11 lauched, the news i have heard was 4 months ago prior to this post.
Dear friend,
I have zero problems with that. I'm just super happy I can install any app I like. Thanks!
Hope you will enjoy it!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 22, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #32 of 9,288
@WianFiiO

Can the M11 play TIDAL offline?

Mar 22, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #34 of 9,288
Dear friend,
From our test,there is no gaps when you use FLAC/WAV/APE/AIFF or other lossless music format.
It's micro gaps when you use the MP3 or wma,because there is a blank data in the begining of the file.(Foobar/Rockbox/Hiby Music are the same as FiiO Music)
If what you faced is different from what i described,pls send the file to support@fiio.com.Once we received,we will check it as soon as possible.
Do you read my postings? In ALL cases FLAC files are affected! FLAC files have NO gaps ,just MP3. M7 & M9 have the same problems, if you not fix the issues, M11 will have the same issues!
ALL my files are playing fine without any problems @other devices (Sony, Hiby (HIdizs), Squeezeboxes, Tablets and other).
Micro gaps and gapless problems are ONLY affected @FiiO players! That's the point!
You have to check your prog. code for all your devices (M11 included)! When I buy a M11 and I will have the same problems....this is the reason for NON buying until you fix the problems!

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #35 of 9,288
Dear friend,
M11 is developed on open Android,you can install any apps with no limition.But because there is no google play services in M11,so maybe you can't use the app which based on play sevices.
By the way,you can download all the free apps on Google play freely from some apps such as APKPure.

Thanks,

That's a shame. Here inithe US there is a huge market of users that rely daily on Google music service to conmute and at home.

Mar 23, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #37 of 9,288
Does it support Universal EQ?
for eg if I download songs in Qobuz,can I apply EQ while playing it?
Also can it be used as Roon End Point?

Mar 23, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #39 of 9,288
No universal EQ (according to FiiO support). Pity. I’m sure it can be used as a Roon endpoint.
Thanks, so as long as I'm at home I can use DSP of roon to enjoy music in M11 but I will mostly use DAP on the go and EQ for Qobuz or other streaming service is what I was looking for.
Any DAP that supports universal EQ with streaming feature?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #40 of 9,288
Do you read my postings? In ALL cases FLAC files are affected! FLAC files have NO gaps ,just MP3. M7 & M9 have the same problems, if you not fix the issues, M11 will have the same issues!
ALL my files are playing fine without any problems @other devices (Sony, Hiby (HIdizs), Squeezeboxes, Tablets and other).
Micro gaps and gapless problems are ONLY affected @FiiO players! That's the point!
You have to check your prog. code for all your devices (M11 included)! When I buy a M11 and I will have the same problems....this is the reason for NON buying until you fix the problems!

Really strange. My FLAC on the M9 files are not affected. No gabs what so ever and because of your insting, I checked more or lese all my live recordings and classical and I had non, except one which I think is due to the recording. Microgabs seems to be to micro for me, also never have recognized a single one.
I use wired IEM only, someone on a German board someone reported gabs when using bluetooth IEMs.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #41 of 9,288
Dear friend,
From our test,there is no gaps when you use FLAC/WAV/APE/AIFF or other lossless music format.
It's micro gaps when you use the MP3 or wma,because there is a blank data in the begining of the file.(Foobar/Rockbox/Hiby Music are the same as FiiO Music)
If what you faced is different from what i described,pls send the file to support@fiio.com.Once we received,we will check it as soon as possible.

I hope this remains true at launch.

Mar 23, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #42 of 9,288
Really strange. My FLAC on the M9 files are not affected. No gabs what so ever and because of your insting, I checked more or lese all my live recordings and classical and I had non, except one which I think is due to the recording. Microgabs seems to be to micro for me, also never have recognized a single one.
I use wired IEM only, someone on a German board someone reported gabs when using bluetooth IEMs.
...and the button skip problems never existed.... ^^
FiiO did not test BT connect / headsets for M7 & M9. It seems the most issues occured / occures with BT connections....
Other people also reported gaps @FiiO board....my latest device AP80 can handle ALL my files* without any problem via LDAC BT and now? Find the gap... ^^
If the M11 uses the same prog. libs and code of the predecessors the issues will come again.... that's the reason for my warning here @M11 thread!

FLAC = correct gapless playback between tracks!
MP3/FLAC = without micro gaps IN the tracks!

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #43 of 9,288
...and the button skip problems never existed.... ^^
FiiO did not test BT connect / headsets for M7 & M9. It seems the most issues occured / occures with BT connections....
Other people also reported gaps @FiiO board....my latest device AP80 can handle ALL my files* without any problem via LDAC BT and now? Find the gap... ^^
If the M11 uses the same prog. libs and code of the predecessors the issues will come again.... that's the reason for my warning here @M11 thread!

FLAC = correct gapless playback between tracks!
MP3/FLAC = without micro gaps IN the tracks!

If you repeat, I repeat, there is no problem with gabless playback when using FLAC files and wired IEMs!!
(I won because if have used two exclamation marks!!)

Mar 25, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #44 of 9,288
Something About the Samsung Exynos 7872 (>> From James' Facebook)

Yesterday we’ve talked about the Samsung Exynos 7270 that used on the M6/M7/M9, today let’s say something about the Exynos 7872 SoC that used on the FiiO Android-based smart HiFi music player M11. The Exynos 7872 is a middle SoC that Samsung made for smartphones, which is made on the 14nm FinFET process, and integrated two 2.0GhZ ARM Cortex A73 cores and four A53 cores.

The overall performance of Exynos is comparable to Qualcomm Snapdragon 625, and MTKP25. It’s been widely used on Samsung’s smartphones, but this is the first time used on music player.

The Exynos 7872 is more than enough for a music player, with the 3G DDR, it’s able to support well for streaming apps. So we no need to make a white-listed third-party music streaming apps due to the performance limitation. And because of the 14nm FinFET process and relatively new cores, the standby current can be made to a very low level. The deep sleep time can last for 50 days when WiFi/Bluetooth is turned off per one full charge. So it’s very convenient to plug and play.

The performance of Exynos 7872 is on the top list of music player’s SoC, and we also took full advantage of it and developed some new features such as ALL TO DSD (can transfer the PCM formats files to DSD), better dynamic EQ and decoding iSO tracks in DST codec, etc. All of these better experience and sound quality are brought by the high performance SoC.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 25, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #45 of 9,288
@WianFiiO when will the M11 be available in Canada so I can buy it? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back