FIIO L CABLE + dac amp questions
Oct 10, 2013 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

paintedr3d

New Head-Fier
Jus got my LOD cable and holy **** balls! I'm listening to black sabbath's heaven & hell and it sounds great live almost my questions is why is this an analog connection and if I got a DAC amp would it sound even better? Or would that be overkill? I already have and use the fiio e11. Seriously it's like hearing this new all over again

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #2 of 2
Jus got my LOD cable and holy **** balls! I'm listening to black sabbath's heaven & hell and it sounds great live almost my questions is why is this an analog connection and if I got a DAC amp would it sound even better? Or would that be overkill? I already have and use the fiio e11. Seriously it's like hearing this new all over again

Depending on your iDevice and which DAC you get, getting a dedicated DAC/amp would most definitely improve the sound quality. Some of the older iPods have decent DAC sections, but if you have anything made within the past few years, even a Fiio E7 would improve the sound.  Since you already have an E11, maybe pick up this: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/626632/tiny-dac-big-sound-evolved-impression-of-stoner-acoustics-ud100-ud110
Not sure if it works with iDevices, but read that thread. I used to have it, and I'd imagine iDevice>UD100>E11>Your headphones would sound really nice 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back