[FiiO KA17] Mini desktop-class amp, flagship dongle is officially released!
Apr 28, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #646 of 703
I missed that part. Apple Music allows app on android ?

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #647 of 703
Thanks for your responses!

On the Apple Music android app you can select if you want high-res lossless on download / wi-fi streaming / mobile data streaming.
For testing purposes I've tried on a song that I downloaded, took a couple of pictures of the same song on the phone and Chord Mojo / KA17.

The Mojo has a blue marble (192Khz), that's the highest setting for Apple Music output.
It's interesting that on the song itself if you click on the high-res lossless icon it shows 24bit / 96 Khz, so maybe the blue 192Khz is referring to the overall output of the Apple Music app as it's set "up to 192 Khz".

Regardless, I would have though that the KA17 should show at least PCM 96K?

Thanks again for trying to help!

Attachments

• Chord Mojo Apple Music.jpg
    Chord Mojo Apple Music.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 0
  • KA17 Apple Music.jpg
    KA17 Apple Music.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 0
Apr 28, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #649 of 703
I missed that part. Apple Music allows app on android ?
Yes, the app has been available on Android for a few years.
I had an iPhone 6S for like 7 years, we have a family share subscription to Apple Music - I don't do that much with my phone so when it was time to upgrade I felt I could do without spending an insane amount for an iPhone and try to switch to Android. Also, I wanted a headphone jack on my phone and there are very few models these days.

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #650 of 703
Thanks for your responses!

On the Apple Music android app you can select if you want high-res lossless on download / wi-fi streaming / mobile data streaming.
For testing purposes I've tried on a song that I downloaded, took a couple of pictures of the same song on the phone and Chord Mojo / KA17.

The Mojo has a blue marble (192Khz), that's the highest setting for Apple Music output.
It's interesting that on the song itself if you click on the high-res lossless icon it shows 24bit / 96 Khz, so maybe the blue 192Khz is referring to the overall output of the Apple Music app as it's set "up to 192 Khz".

Regardless, I would have though that the KA17 should show at least PCM 96K?

Thanks again for trying to help!
Well that is strange - the app is upscaling to the mojo and somehow downscaling to the KA17.

Is the fiio app on the apple device and connecting to the KA17 without any problems?

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #651 of 703
Well that is strange - the app is upscaling to the mojo and somehow downscaling to the KA17.

Is the fiio app on the apple device and connecting to the KA17 without any problems?
I haven't tried to connect the KA17 on an Apple device yet, only on my Sony Xperia phone (I might try tonight on the iPad, once the kids stop using it).

I have downloaded the FiiO control app for android, and it says the KA17 is connected, no issues there.

Are there free music player programs for Android, where I could try to download a test file at high sample rate, just to check if it's a cable/phone issue, or an Apple Music app issue?

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #652 of 703
I tried a 192Khz sample test that found googling and FiiO music app, it correctly shows PCM 192K on the KA17, so it must be something between Apple Music and KA17 that doens't quite work as it should. Weird that on the Mojo it does work properly though.

Attachments

• KA17 sample test.jpg
    KA17 sample test.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 28, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #653 of 703
I haven't tried to connect the KA17 on an Apple device yet, only on my Sony Xperia phone (I might try tonight on the iPad, once the kids stop using it).

I have downloaded the FiiO control app for android, and it says the KA17 is connected, no issues there.

Are there free music player programs for Android, where I could try to download a test file at high sample rate, just to check if it's a cable/phone issue, or an Apple Music app issue?
Usb audio player pro is my go to hires player for android.

I think there is a freebie/trial/restricted version which will be perfect for tests

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #658 of 703
Maybe it’s an android limitation. Without exclusive mode the apps can’t change the sample rate.

“Android 14 gains support for lossless audio formats for audiophile-level experiences over USB wired headsets. You can query a USB device for its preferred mixer attributes, register a listener for changes in preferred mixer attributes, and configure mixer attributes using a new AudioMixerAttributesclass. It represents the format, such as channel mask, sample rate, and behavior of the audio mixer. The class allows for audio to be sent directly, without mixing, volume adjustment, or processing effects. We are working with our OEM partners to enable this feature in devices later this year.”

@XcElLeNcE do your iPhone changes the sample rate on the ka17 with different music?
I am using Amazon Music and my KA17 is on 192kHz even when I play 48kHz songs.

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #659 of 703
If it was a general issue of Apple Music on Android I'd expect the same issue to show up while using the Chord Mojo, but that's not the case as shown in the pictures, that's what is puzzling me the most and I can't figure out where the problem is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back