FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
Jun 9, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #1,771 of 2,233
If i didn't feel fairly confident I wouldn't have bought it. But we can't disregard so many users having pop noises, firmware issues and whatnot.

So even if my upcoming unit work fine it would not be statisticaly relevant.
I understand but it's a dedicated thread most of the times you are going to read is all about issues and support. In all my experience with audio gear there not a single device without issues with one or the other.

If you have a chance you better try it before buying.

Jun 9, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #1,772 of 2,233
In most forums in the web it is natural for people with issues to post more than people without any problems.
For ten users complaining there are many, many more that are happy and just don't bother to post.
This is how it works from audio devices to hair dryers and cars.

Jun 9, 2022 at 7:04 AM Post #1,773 of 2,233
I had this issue with the ESS version - it was giving me red ring of death and didn't want to pick up any source.
Replicated it in store and had it replaced, and no issues with the replacement unit.
Actually for me it just didn't reproduce any sound, no leds or anything else strange. On\off didn't make any difference. The only solution was disconnecting from the electric current and letting completely discharge the internal residual current.

Jun 9, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #1,774 of 2,233
I use k9 pro AKM connected to old mha100

K9pro is using dac function only, but it is really good !!!

np: )

20220606_233239.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #1,775 of 2,233
3 months now with the K9 ESS bought from Apos being my only amp or dac, using ZMF Verite closed and Atriums, music never sounded better, and the only problem i have is when I start a new song (using Apple Music from iphone blutooth connection) there will often be a 1/8 of a second dropout within the first few seconds of the song, say 50% of the time, i start song over and it doesn't happen. I do want a tube amp as recommended with ZMF’s. Reading this thread i guess i got lucky with a non-lemon K9…fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #1,776 of 2,233
I use k9 pro AKM connected to old mha100

K9pro is using dac function only, but it is really good !!!

np: )

20220606_233239.jpg
Nice setup, and I like the arrangement in what looks your Foobar player customization. What wave form analyzer/plug-in are you using on the bottom?

Jun 9, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #1,777 of 2,233
3 months now with the K9 ESS bought from Apos being my only amp or dac, using ZMF Verite closed and Atriums, music never sounded better, and the only problem i have is when I start a new song (using Apple Music from iphone blutooth connection) there will often be a 1/8 of a second dropout within the first few seconds of the song, say 50% of the time, i start song over and it doesn't happen. I do want a tube amp as recommended with ZMF’s. Reading this thread i guess i got lucky with a non-lemon K9…fingers crossed.
I have the same issue, but i think it’s on the Apple Music side.
Sometimes it happens on my AirPods Pro via Bluetooth. And it happens also with my ipad via usb.

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #1,778 of 2,233
Nice setup, and I like the arrangement in what looks your Foobar player customization. What wave form analyzer/plug-in are you using on the bottom?
enhanced spectrum analyzer plugin used

thx : )

Jun 9, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #1,779 of 2,233
I am actually a bit worried about @FiiO and @FiiO Willson not answering my questions about the akm version support for future firmware updates. The official page is closed.

I really love fiio products but this is far from good.
Dear kRed,

We could not tell whether there will be need firmware for the K9Pro currently. And since some K9Pro ESS users update the K9Pro's firmware in their K9Pro ESS by mistake, we remove the download link of the K9Pro firmware. If you would need the beta firmware for K9Pro, you could contact support@fiio.com for help.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 10, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #1,780 of 2,233
Dear kRed,

We could not tell whether there will be need firmware for the K9Pro currently. And since some K9Pro ESS users update the K9Pro's firmware in their K9Pro ESS by mistake, we remove the download link of the K9Pro firmware. If you would need the beta firmware for K9Pro, you could contact support@fiio.com for help.

Best regards
Thanks or the reply, but the question is not if it will be needed.
I'm asking if you will support the akm version for the future years, like keep working on improving it, releasing updates, fixing bugs, etc.

And more: is the v1.13 the latest one? Is there a new version you are working on?

I understand you closed the page to minimize problems, but why don't you put more information for the users?

in 2022 not knowing if you have the latest firmware for a TOTL product from an experienced company is weird.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #1,781 of 2,233
enhanced spectrum analyzer plugin used

thx : )
Thank you, I found it on the hydrogenaudio forum
Here is my modified Foobar2000 setup now:
Foobar-screenshot-updated, 2022.jpg

So far all has been working well between the K9 Pro ESS and my audio files using the K9's ASIO driver.
I do get a bit a lag occasionally but I think is due to the wireless setup I have between my NAS file server and my primary PC playing the files.

Jun 10, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #1,782 of 2,233
Thank you, I found it on the hydrogenaudio forum
Here is my modified Foobar2000 setup now:
Foobar-screenshot-updated, 2022.jpg

So far all has been working well between the K9 Pro ESS and my audio files using the K9's ASIO driver.
I do get a bit a lag occasionally but I think is due to the wireless setup I have between my NAS file server and my primary PC playing the files.

wow !! great !!

Jun 11, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #1,783 of 2,233
I received my K9 (AKM version) yesterday and listened quite a lot.
I had some issues installing the drivers but managed it by manually specify the directory (win11 would pretend that the install was fine, but the defaut directory wouldn't even get created.)
But after that, no glitches or bad surprise. I didn't try anything fancy like bluetooth, or line in.
I tried classic USB B and optical input but it sounded the same to me.

It is a nice upgrade over my Xduoo XA-10. The sound is more detailed, yet warm (I was afraid of a sound too clinical). I hear details I couldn't hear before (like a chorus, or a piano playing alone, in a corner, in a Nora Jones song). It's like a peel of an onion removed.
I feel in the middle of the music. The sound scape is narrowr, it doesn't really expand beyond my skull, but everything sounds more 3D, calm, in a relaxed state. Yet the sound keeps its energy. The bass are tight and bouncy. The music is alive, but doesn't sound forced upon me, like it could be with the Xduoo.
Here, it's really like being in the middle of the band, in a rehearsal studio. It's nice.

The unit gets warm, but less than my Xduoo. Probably 10 degrees celcius less.
The face switches are really a pain though, let's admit it. Tiny, and you have to look at the paper guide to find what is what. A K10 version would be an improvement.

I really enjoy the volume "button". Smooth silk. My Xduoo could precisely display the sound level, it was nice, but it would hiccup. Here it's very oldschool, but so smooth. Very nice.
The K9 looks classy, and sturdy. A nice upgrade to my Xduoo indeed (even though the Xduoo can produce a cool sound too).

I forgot to mention that my old EQ settings sounds way too much now, almost bloated. Now I EQ so light that I could possibly do w/o. With my Xduoo, the sound would seem flat w/o EQ.

A nice purchase. I'll lookup for an future K10 or K11, but I think I'm fine for now :)

Do you quys think an ISO regen could add something? Or is it pure empty rabbit-hole chase?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #1,784 of 2,233
I received my K9 (AKM version) yesterday and listened quite a lot.
I had some issues installing the drivers but managed it by manually specify the directory (win11 would pretend that the install was fine, but the defaut directory wouldn't even get created.)
But after that, no glitches or bad surprise. I didn't try anything fancy like bluetooth, or line in.
I tried classic USB B and optical input but it sounded the same to me.

It is a nice upgrade over my Xduoo XA-10. The sound is more detailed, yet warm (I was afraid of a sound too clinical). I hear details I couldn't hear before (like a chorus, or a piano playing alone, in a corner, in a Nora Jones song). It's like a peel of an onion removed.
I feel in the middle of the music. The sound scape is narrowr, it doesn't really expand beyond my skull, but everything sounds more 3D, calm, in a relaxed state. Yet the sound keeps its energy. The bass are tight and bouncy. The music is alive, but doesn't sound forced upon me, like it could be with the Xduoo.
Here, it's really like being in the middle of the band, in a rehearsal studio. It's nice.

The unit gets warm, but less than my Xduoo. Probably 10 degrees celcius less.
The face switches are really a pain though, let's admit it. Tiny, and you have to look at the paper guide to find what is what. A K10 version would be an improvement.

I really enjoy the volume "button". Smooth silk. My Xduoo could precisely display the sound level, it was nice, but it would hiccup. Here it's very oldschool, but so smooth. Very nice.
The K9 looks classy, and sturdy. A nice upgrade to my Xduoo indeed (even though the Xduoo can produce a cool sound too).

I forgot to mention that my old EQ settings sounds way too much now, almost bloated. Now I EQ so light that I could possibly do w/o. With my Xduoo, the sound would seem flat w/o EQ.

A nice purchase. I'll lookup for an future K10 or K11, but I think I'm fine for now :)

Do you quys think an ISO regen could add something? Or is it pure empty rabbit-hole chase?
Seems I like I was right about xa 10 less detailed, thanks for letting us know.
Do let me know how k9 dac mode paried with xa10 amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back