FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
May 24, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #1,697 of 2,233
Can I ask K9 owners how they find the app? Does it do everything you want it to do, or would you prefer more functionality?
App 1.gif
App 2.gif
App 3.gif

This is basically all you can do with the FiiO Control app, not that different from on FiiO's other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Since I am writing my K9 Pro review as we speak, I had these ready on hand to share here.

May 24, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #1,698 of 2,233
I think that implementing multiband parametric EQ will be a good addition to the current simple EQ.

May 25, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #1,699 of 2,233
Is there a compatible Bluetooth transmitter for K9 Pro? I would like to send audio signal to my my wireless headphones? :)

May 25, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #1,700 of 2,233
App 1.gif App 2.gif App 3.gif

This is basically all you can do with the FiiO Control app, not that different from on FiiO's other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Since I am writing my K9 Pro review as we speak, I had these ready on hand to share here.
Can I ask K9 owners how they find the app? Does it do everything you want it to do, or would you prefer more functionality?
Pretty basic app, but I don’t expect much more from a DAC. The ability to choose the status ring color rather than have it off or rotate when not in use, and to EQ in USB mode would be nice. Volume would be nice too since there’s no remote, but I don’t think it would work well since the digital pot has hard stops?

May 25, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #1,701 of 2,233
I think this is a great dac/amp combo and love the usb-c connection, very useful. However the normal usb-b connection on the back of the unit seems very hit and miss. Anyone got an tips? Using it to connect to a laptop.

May 25, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #1,702 of 2,233
I think this is a great dac/amp combo and love the usb-c connection, very useful. However the normal usb-b connection on the back of the unit seems very hit and miss. Anyone got an tips? Using it to connect to a laptop.
It was awful with the stock cable. I bought a 3m replacement usb b cable and now it is fine.

May 25, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #1,705 of 2,233
몇 시간 동안 만지작거리다가 마침내 네이티브 DsD256이 Foobar에서 K9 Pro로 작동하게 되었습니다.

Fiio - DSD/Foobar 설정 지침을 업데이트해야 합니다.

핵심은 모두가 권장하는 foo_dsd_asio 드라이버를 사용하지 않고 대신 foo_out_asio+dsd를 사용하는 것입니다. 동일한 개발자가 제공합니다. https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/

이를 통해 K9 Pro에서 DSD256과 함께 작동하지 않는 이전 DoP 방법 대신 ASIO를 통해 기본 DSD256(64 및 128도 가능)을 사용할 수 있습니다.
thank you.

May 25, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #1,706 of 2,233

I use Audioquest, as I've always had good luck with them in the past. I use a Cinnamon and Carbon USB-A to USB-B ...... no difference in sound, but both are reliable.

May 28, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #1,707 of 2,233
Yes and off switch on the front.
I have been holding down the standby button to turn it "off". Measurements taken using a watt meter a few pages back shows it is barely drawing anything from the wall when in this state. (less than 1 watt). So there is no need to use the physical switch on the back.

I think that implementing multiband parametric EQ will be a good addition to the current simple EQ.
Since EQ only works in non-USB modes, for USB mode. I just use EqualizerAPO. For Bluetooth mode, might I suggest Wavelet or Viper (if you have a rooted Android phone). Wavelet supports Parametric EQ for bluetooth output on Android without root.

Did not use the stock cable that came with the unit as it was too short to reach my tower. Like other have said, a different cable could help. Might I ask why you need to unplug it from the back often? I would think you'd unplug the USB Type-A end more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back