FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
Apr 1, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #1,472 of 2,233
I posted a comment about this on the M17 thread, but probably should have posted here. While researching options for an all-in-one solution, I found it odd that the desktop with a dedicated linear power supply/K9 Pro has less power than the similarly otherwise spec'd portable M17. Wonder why they couldn't squeeze more power out of the desktop dac/amp.

Apr 1, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #1,474 of 2,233
They may be in stock now. I recently was able to pickup one from there.

If you're ok with a little wait, I believe Aliexpress has them in stock right now. They'll be shipping from China I think
I just got my shipping notification from Apos, and it's a USPS tracking number, not a DHL. So looks like they do have it in stock.

Apr 1, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #1,475 of 2,233
I didn't know it was sold out. I bought mine directly from Apos on Sunday night, and was shipped out to me 2 days ago.

I looked on Apos website, it looks like it's in stock

1648851181356.png

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #1,476 of 2,233
I posted a comment about this on the M17 thread, but probably should have posted here. While researching options for an all-in-one solution, I found it odd that the desktop with a dedicated linear power supply/K9 Pro has less power than the similarly otherwise spec'd portable M17. Wonder why they couldn't squeeze more power out of the desktop dac/amp.
They are different approaches at power, if you ever have the 2 side by side you’ll more than likely see that k9 has more juice on tap, atleast it’ll feel that way.

Apr 1, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #1,477 of 2,233
They are different approaches at power, if you ever have the 2 side by side you’ll more than likely see that k9 has more juice on tap, atleast it’ll feel that way.
The K9 Pro certainly isn’t lacking the power department. Using my Focal Clear MG on low gain with the volume at 1 o’clock produces more db then I’ll comfortably use for most tracks.

Apr 1, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #1,478 of 2,233
Ordered the K9 Pro ESS from Apos last Sat and it arrived today. After a few hours I've found an excellent match with the Aeon 2 Noire's which sound fantastic on it (mid-gain). The Noire's are closed and DCA tuned them toward the Harmon curve which I prefer. On my other amps they seem harder to push but the FiiO is opening them up very well.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #1,479 of 2,233
Out of curiosity, I normally run a Focal Radiance with this dac/amp, and looking at IEMs lately. I was thinking about the 64 Audio U12t. Since this unit only has a 6.5mm and 4.4mm, does anyone know if I can use the U12t with a 4.4mm adapter with tthe fiio?

Hows the u12t sound with this unit?

Apr 2, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #1,480 of 2,233
The K9 Pro certainly isn’t lacking the power department. Using my Focal Clear MG on low gain with the volume at 1 o’clock produces more db then I’ll comfortably use for most tracks.
I'm running similar with Stellia, which may be even easier to run. The medium and high gain sound good too, but I think the sound is a little more detailed. Sometimes if I want high volume, I'll go to medium gain.

Apr 4, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #1,481 of 2,233
I just got the k9 pro desktop ess for PC use. Has anyone had issues with drivers? Sometimes when I switch sources (from YT to Tidal etc) -- the scroll wheel changes colors flashing between green,blue,purple, and i don't hear
I just got the k9 pro desktop ess for PC use. Has anyone had issues with drivers? Sometimes when I switch sources (from YT to Tidal etc) -- the scroll wheel changes colors flashing between green,blue,purple, and i don't hear any audio after. Super strange issue.
please post results/updates if and when this issue is resolved for you thank you very much

Apr 4, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #1,482 of 2,233
Where are you guys buying your K9 Pro ESS versions in the US? They seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Also, anyone do a comparison with the K9 Pro and the Yulong Aquila II? I came across that unit recently and it seems to be very similar yet has 4 watts of power vs the 2 watts of the K9 pro. Came out a couple years ago though and not much out about it. Priced $200 cheaper than the Fiio.
Hello, Apos Audio is how I got mine ($849) they appear to be in stock still

Apr 4, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #1,484 of 2,233
Just got the ESS version in today. Happy to report that both the DCA Stealth and the Abyss 1266 TC have no problems being driven to extremely loud levels. It also passed my Cradle to the Grave test for me on the Abyss, so great first impressions...

Apr 4, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #1,485 of 2,233
Interesting, I can't get K9 Pro ESS to do 192k over toslink. It will do 96k max. I'm using high end glass optical cables that I use with other DACs that will do 192k. Seems to be a limitation on the optical receiver. Coax and all the other inputs are fine with inputs over 96k.

EDIT: Found a source/cable combination that does 192k over TOSLINK.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back