FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
Mar 22, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #1,434 of 2,239
What would be the point, i am sorry, i am no complete rookie but also not all that deep into the hobby; I dont see what good going from a DAC to a DAC would do? What is your reasoning behind this?
For instance, maybe you would want to hook to another flavour dac such as warmer dac to hook up with that THX chip in K9 Pro while utilizing the features of the K9 pro. So its like adding flavour to the chain, if that make sense.

Mar 22, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #1,438 of 2,239
Yes but I want to know whether do we have best of both world connection both XLR and RCA with both external amp and dac.
The answer to your question is yes; the K9Pro has both XLR and RCA outs that can be connected to another amp/dac (assuming corresponding inputs on the external device.) Whether this arrangement will produce "best of both world" results is open to debate. I have the K9Pro connected via both xlr and rca to an external amp (not dac) mainly for use with passive speakers for my desktop. I chose this combination rather than investing in active speakers because I happened to have several bookshelf speakers on hand and figured this was a better investment. I also wanted a external amp that could be controlled via an included remote control and that had a visual display for volume control, rather than always needing to rely on a volume knob only.

I considered both the SMSL DA-9 and SMSL AO200 amps which have the attributes I thought I wanted, and ultimately chose the AO200 as it adds a subwoofer out (actually 2 of them) and I have mine setup using a small 10-inch sub I had laying around. Works well for my purposes. Your mileage may vary.

I would also note the ongoing discussion in this forum of pairing the K9Pro with tube amps to produce different sound signatures that may be to one's liking. Again, I think the outcome of such pairings is certainly possible with the right equipment and cabling. Whether or not these pairings improve your listening experience is subjective.

Mar 23, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #1,440 of 2,239
The answer to your question is yes; the K9Pro has both XLR and RCA outs that can be connected to another amp/dac (assuming corresponding inputs on the external device.) Whether this arrangement will produce "best of both world" results is open to debate. I have the K9Pro connected via both xlr and rca to an external amp (not dac) mainly for use with passive speakers for my desktop. I chose this combination rather than investing in active speakers because I happened to have several bookshelf speakers on hand and figured this was a better investment. I also wanted a external amp that could be controlled via an included remote control and that had a visual display for volume control, rather than always needing to rely on a volume knob only.

I considered both the SMSL DA-9 and SMSL AO200 amps which have the attributes I thought I wanted, and ultimately chose the AO200 as it adds a subwoofer out (actually 2 of them) and I have mine setup using a small 10-inch sub I had laying around. Works well for my purposes. Your mileage may vary.

I would also note the ongoing discussion in this forum of pairing the K9Pro with tube amps to produce different sound signatures that may be to one's liking. Again, I think the outcome of such pairings is certainly possible with the right equipment and cabling. Whether or not these pairings improve your listening experience is subjective.
Regardless of the outcome results when referring to sound is one thing, but am referring to differential setup like what you mentioned you connected with your passive speakers for your desktop usage.

So you able to connect both XLR and RCA to an external amp. Then what about whether K9 pro able to feed out to XLR and RCA external dac ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back